Page 93 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2899
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar

She looks Asian enough to me idk but she's like a northern girl Canada/Minnesota

This would bump the gender ratio to 5 Female 2 Male. That's so great imo
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 06-19-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Here's our new Karma... maybe... possibly

Fingers crossed!! I prefer Magma (mostly because she's in the bear demon saga) but Karma's appearance would be really cool!

Since I've started to read comics I've waited on a New Mutants movie. After seeing the casting for Sunspot I can truthfully say I will not pay to see this movie, will not nerd out on Social media about the back story for each character, not bug my friends to see it with me over and over again. Will not stop voicing my disappointment with Marvel and the fandom being relatively silent. shake my damn head

Wah! The movie isn't exactly like the comic book!

Incredible Member

Oh c'mon, you know the flack about the sunspot casting isn't just about 'not being like the comics.' You don't have to agree, but seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Opinions on casting have calmed down, somewhat. No need to exasperate the situation man.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Opinions on casting have calmed down, somewhat. No need to exasperate the situation man.
    Yeah I've decided to keep it strictly about the movie in this thread

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah I've decided to keep it strictly about the movie in this thread
    The problem is we have no real new info. Except possible casting decisions which inevitably turns into a race obsession. S.k.i.d. is wrong about fandom being silent obviously since this thread has blown up and gotten consumed with rage about the decision for Sunspot not to be black. Of course I can't fathom how that alone is enough for someone to not watch a movie about "their first and favorite comic" but it is what it is and I assume he is just being emotional and may get over it eventually
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Mighty Member

Would people either like to see or mind if I posted here a collection of 'scenes for the New Mutants movie' I have in the Magik thread, to give us something else to talk about?

Here's our new Karma... maybe... possibly

Certainly wouldn't mind if that turned out to be the case. New Mutants is already turning into a pretty diverse movie with a unique cast of characters. Adding Karma to the mix can only help.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    ha! what a mature and open minded response! Give yourself a hand sir Good job! lol

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Would people either like to see or mind if I posted here a collection of 'scenes for the New Mutants movie' I have in the Magik thread, to give us something else to talk about?
    Can we not talk about the actual movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The problem is we have no real new info. Except possible casting decisions which inevitably turns into a race obsession. S.k.i.d. is wrong about fandom being silent obviously since this thread has blown up and gotten consumed with rage about the decision for Sunspot not to be black. Of course I can't fathom how that alone is enough for someone to not watch a movie about "their first and favorite comic" but it is what it is and I assume he is just being emotional and may get over it eventually
    lol if I was being emotional right I'd probably just stop posting all together....maybe. It's not a race obsession dude. Being a black biracial kid surrounded by white faces seeing a black biracial kid surrounded by mostly white faces n the same universe as your favorite Cartoon I guess just really made an impression on me. Sunspot was not some street thug, some African kid from a village, he was brash and cocky and never seemed to be quite able to fit in but tried anyway. I honestly don't know how to explain but it feel as if I've been cheated, or a bit of my childhood is getting a new coat of paint

Incredible Member

all these blockbusters actually signing 100% asian stars/actors, and Fox just go for an american one.
    ok, fox. Lazy as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    all these blockbusters actually signing 100% asian stars/actors, and Fox just go for an american one.
    ok, fox. Lazy as hell
    Famed 100% Asian star Ben Kingsley.

Incredible Member

?

What does that have to do with Fox?

The actor isn't brown enough. The actress isn't Vietnamese. The actress is too old. The actor doesn't have actual superpowers. Get a grip, FOX.

Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 06-22-2017 at 12:59 PM.