Page 141 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2774

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Horror is not exactly intrinsically part of New Mutants.
    Did you read Claremont's run? The poor children were in horrifying conditions every other issue!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

All of the prominent NM villains: Belasco, Selene, The Demon Bear, Dormammu (though Fox doesn't have his rights) lean heavily into horror. Even Rahne's powers can be interpreted as werewolf-ish and they could introduce Hrimhari down the line if they wanted to. Horror fits the NM like a glove.

Fox has the rights to Hrimhari? Cool!

I'm wondering who's the (voice) actor for Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Young Adult yes, Horror not as convinced. That is part of Deadpool "brand" what you said, Horror is not exactly intrinsically part of New Mutants.
    Demon Bear, Mutant Massacre, LIMBO, dystopian futures, the vampiric Selene, That Island of Dr. Moreau place that Birdbrain came from, heck, even the Hellfire club stuff etc etc. The art may not have best reflected the themes, but a considerable chunk of their history is heavily tied to horror themes.
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by iByakuya View Post
    Fox has the rights to Hrimhari? Cool!

I'm wondering who's the (voice) actor for Warlock.
    I'm wondering if Warlock is even in it. Wouldn't be surprised if he (and Lockheed) was cut for budgetary reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I'm wondering if Warlock is even in it. Wouldn't be surprised if he (and Lockheed) was cut for budgetary reasons.
    I doubt that would be the reason to cut Lockheed who was in the animatic alongside Magik. However I could see them potentially cutting Warlock for the first movie when you consider the fact that the powers of each character, possibly the Limbo dimension and Demon Bear are going to be on full display. Warlock will probably need a ton of CGI on top of practical effects. They may just save him for the sequel with Karma!

And question. How should Lockheed speak, I keep hearing different things? Should they get a well known actor/actress to do the voice? If so then who?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    I doubt that would be the reason to cut Lockheed who was in the animatic alongside Magik. However I could see them potentially cutting Warlock for the first movie when you consider the fact that the powers of each character, possibly the Limbo dimension and Demon Bear are going to be on full display. Warlock will probably need a ton of CGI on top of practical effects. They may just save him for the sequel with Karma!

And question. How should Lockheed speak, I keep hearing different things? Should they get a well known actor/actress to do the voice? If so then who?
    He shouldn't speak. His facial expressions and body language, and maybe some dragon noises, should do the speaking for him. It didn't work in Eragon, and it won't work here to have the dragon speak.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Do you think Deadpool 2 won't have gratuitous violence and humor? Sequels tend to repeat what came before. The young adult/horror themes could be The New Mutants defining niche in a bloated superhero movie market.
    Is the whitewashing not enough of a niche?

If there is a sequel hopefully it's be by a someone other than Josh Boone
    Last edited by S.k.i.d.; 09-13-2017 at 01:08 PM.
    #keepsunspotblack

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Is the whitewashing not enough of a niche?

If there is a sequel hopefully it's be by a someone other than Josh Boone
    lol!

No, unfortunately whitewashing is widespread in media!

Honestly, I think we put too much blame/credit on the directors. At the end of the day, they are getting cut a check too. It's the studio heads/producers that really hold the power(or even further up the food chain). Fox is ultimately owned by Rupert Murdoch and his children. Do a little research on them, and what kind of world view they might have....

lol!

No, unfortunately whitewashing is widespread in media!

Honestly, I think we put too much blame/credit on the directors. At the end of the day, they are getting cut a check too. It's the studio heads/producers that really hold the power(or even further up the food chain). Fox is ultimately owned by Rupert Murdoch and his children. Do a little research on them, and what kind of world view they might have....
    Liberal Disney cast a white girl as Jasmine but everyone here defended that casting lol.

Liberal Disney cast a white girl as Jasmine but everyone here defended that casting lol.
    Disney has its fair share of skeletons in its closet too.The MCU vs FOX feud is infantile and a divisive distraction. They are all warping the minds of the world.

I saw plenty of people on other websites criticizing that cast tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I saw plenty of people on other websites criticizing that cast tbh.
    On other websites, but here people said she's supposed to be bi-racial.

Disney has its fair share of skeletons in its closet too.The MCU vs FOX feud is infantile and a divisive distraction. They are all warping the minds of the world.
    Its such a petty feud. Both sides have flaws and both sides have been fairly called out on them plenty of times.

On other websites, but here people said she's supposed to be bi-racial.
    I wasn't aware. Jasmine is definitely not biracial and who ever said that was wrong.