Page 227 of 227 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 3400
  1. #3391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I meant Hollywood's sleazy so you cannot afford to "boycott" working for studio heads unless you are... Steven Spielberg I guess? But nobody was expecting a near century old studio (that was still doing well too) to be sold off just to "set Junior up"!

    Eh, Murdoch is an old man. Let him quadruple his already substantial wealth in liquidating the company's assets and ride off into the sunset. That sounds about right for a sleazy capitalist. What, did you really think he would share, for the good of other people in the long term beyond his ability to personally benefit?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  2. #3392
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    whispers and rumors of fox selling the mutants properties back to Disney has been swirling around for quite a while before the actual announcement was made public. remember Stan Lee had even mentioned it awhile ago and people said he was old and didn't know what he he was talking about. so point being we don't know how long the powers that be at fox has known of this deal or even rumors of the deal before we became aware. so to say there was virtually zero chance of being true is not accurate. and based upon people's reaction here as far as being upset because these less popular characters getting their moment stripped away would definitely support my view
    We don't know yet you seemed to be suggesting your statement as fact?

    Fox started exploring other characters because they were dissatisfied with the profits of the main franchise. So they were willing to take chances and risks hoping to find something that would work.

    Once Deadpool did then they were willing to take other chances. Deadpool was planned long before any rumors. It got made because of Reynolds commitment and Fix taking the chance because of lukewarm profits.

    Just because fans are upset about these characters doesn't mean that is what motivated Fox. Fox doesn't give a shit about about stuff like that. They care about profits and they explored other characters as a means to greater profits because the main franchise had disappointed in that department.
    Last edited by remydat; 01-13-2018 at 08:27 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  3. #3393
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    We don't know yet you seemed to be suggesting your statement as fact?

    Fox started exploring other characters because they were dissatisfied with the profits of the main franchise. So they were willing to take chances and risks hoping to find something that would work.

    Once Deadpool did then they were willing to take other chances. Deadpool was planned long before any rumors. It got made because of Reynolds commitment and Fix taking the chance because of lukewarm profits.

    Just because fans are upset about these characters doesn't mean that is what motivated Fox. Fox doesn't give a shit about about stuff like that. They care about profits and they explored other characters as a means to greater profits because the main franchise had disappointed in that department.
    where did i say it was fact. unless you or I work for fox none of our opinions are fact. I'm basing my assessment on how convenient all the new projects popping up appear during this period where marvel has announced this merger. why didn't fox do this back early on? Why now after what dismarvel has done with it properties? is it to flex the muscle and show they can hang with the big dogs, or try to get enough people interested in the new projects to potentially have more of negotiating power to keep their jobs after the merger? of course I don't know for sure but it makes a lot of sense to me. and you can't come behind that and claim there is virtually zero chance it's true because let's be frank, you are just a clueless as me as to what is going on. you probably was also one of the ones who thought dismarvel would never get their properties back but look at where we are now.

    and I agree fox doesn't care about fans being upset. they only care about their pockets. if securing their job can get enough people riled up to vocalize keeping the fox ideas as they are after the merger, surely you don't disagree they wouldn't use that to their benefit now would you?
    MAY ORORO AND T'CHALLA FOREVER BE!!!!!! HATERS BE GONE!

    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO! ALL HAIL DAMISA-SARKI!!!

  4. #3394
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    the studio finally gave him a tiny budget and a February release date.
    I'm pretty sure it was Reynolds that wanted the budget to be small. He's the reason why Deadpool 2's budget is small.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  5. #3395
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,226

    Default

    Also, they attempt a Deadpool movie with Origins.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  6. #3396
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Reynolds that wanted the budget to be small. He's the reason why Deadpool 2's budget is small.
    Deadpool 2 will be great, but I’m even more excited about X-Force and its potential. Hopefully by then we’ll be far enough down the road with the Disney acquisition that Feige can be involved to ensure cohesion with the MCU. After all, Deadpool has been largely its own thing and I’m sure DP2 will be no different in that respect. Some Easter Eggs in an R-rated X-Force film that connect it to the broader MCU could be the very first connective tissue. Then later on we get a rebooted X-men franchise, PG-13, set firmly in the MCU with some cameos from other characters (e.g., Fury, Stark, etc.).

  7. #3397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Also, they attempt a Deadpool movie with Origins.
    We all saw how horrible that was....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  8. #3398
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,824

    Default

    It was really terrible. They’d have been better off using a different actor and making Weapon XI a totally different character IMO. He actually could’ve been a decent original character, who could’ve then been used in comics. A scary mofo with a mash-up of powers and long telescopic (they needed to be telescopic) blades that come out of his fists.

  9. #3399
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    where did i say it was fact. unless you or I work for fox none of our opinions are fact. I'm basing my assessment on how convenient all the new projects popping up appear during this period where marvel has announced this merger. why didn't fox do this back early on? Why now after what dismarvel has done with it properties? is it to flex the muscle and show they can hang with the big dogs, or try to get enough people interested in the new projects to potentially have more of negotiating power to keep their jobs after the merger? of course I don't know for sure but it makes a lot of sense to me. and you can't come behind that and claim there is virtually zero chance it's true because let's be frank, you are just a clueless as me as to what is going on. you probably was also one of the ones who thought dismarvel would never get their properties back but look at where we are now.

    and I agree fox doesn't care about fans being upset. they only care about their pockets. if securing their job can get enough people riled up to vocalize keeping the fox ideas as they are after the merger, surely you don't disagree they wouldn't use that to their benefit now would you?
    They are doing it now because Deadpool was a success. Not because of the merger.

    It is zero chance because your argument rests on Fox being psychic. Again Deadpool and Logan were planned long before the merger.

    They had planned spinoffs and such since Origins. Then Origins did not do as well as they wanted and they put stuff like Deadpool and a Gambit film with Kitsch on hold.

    Deadpool proved they could make money with low budgets hence why they greenlit a low budget New Mutants.

    The merger may increase the pressure as people look to prove themselves but it was not the reason for these films. Just about everyone that has discussed this in the movie biz has attributed this to Deadpool and Logan.
    Last edited by remydat; 01-13-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  10. #3400
    BCB 4sake Baned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It was really terrible. They’d have been better off using a different actor and making Weapon XI a totally different character IMO. He actually could’ve been a decent original character, who could’ve then been used in comics. A scary mofo with a mash-up of powers and long telescopic (they needed to be telescopic) blades that come out of his fists.
    Could have made him a version of Mimic..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •