Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Nova #18

This June, Original Sin rocks the life of Sam Alexander as the young hero faces a mystery in NOVA #18 - from the fan-favorite creative team of Gerry Duggan and David Baldeon! The death of the Watcher has left a hole in young Nova's life, but even as he grieves for the loss of his friend, there is hope for the future. Before his death, Uatu left Sam with hope that his long-lost Father, former Black Nova Jesse Alexander, is still alive. Only there is more to the story...and it lies in the secret history of the Black Novas. What was the purpose of this clandestine sect of the Nova Corps? The secrets they kept will propel Nova to the end of the cosmos in search of answers! Was Nova's father a murderer? The secret history of the Black Novas begins to unravel this June in NOVA #18 - a tie-in to Original Sin!

Full preview here.

Marvel needs to keep Baldeon and Curiel together, because Baldeon looks much better here.

I've said this in the past, but it is still pretty cool to see Sam involved with this Original Sin event, especially with his reaction to all that's going on in front of him.

that art looks solid

BANNED

Wow that shrine.
    Pretty cool.

This issue looks fun. Now I am going to have to get this with GOTG #18. Damn you Bendis! *Shakes fist in disgust*

BANNED

Actually looking forward to an issue Nova...weird.

Its been good under DUggan..I'm looking forward to how this Jesse/ Black Nova history shakes out...and with GOTG the explanation for Rider in the Cancerverse...its a make or break summer for these books. I have a feeling how the explanations go will either save the book or sink it.

Wow, it's kind of weird to see other people in this forum enjoying this series as much as I have in the past, but it's still nice to see others are enjoying it as well.

Also, pretty cool what Sam is doing with the dead Nova helmets.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-25-2014 at 12:34 PM.