Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Levitz to Exit "Earth 2: World's End," Confirms "Worlds' Finest" Format Shift

Paul Levitz will leave the "Earth 2: World's End" writing team, and confirms "Worlds Finest" will jump back in time to follow the original Earth 2 Superman & Batman.

Full article here.

Bleedingcool was right for once.

Probably Pfeifer or Lobdell that replaces him.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Paul Levitz will leave the "Earth 2: World's End" writing team, and confirms "Worlds Finest" will jump back in time to follow the original Earth 2 Superman & Batman.

Full article here.
    I thought Batman/Superman already did this [/sarc]. Well, this should get people up in arms and increase sales by about 30,000 issues a month

I like the angle World's Finest will take.
    "I'm not always hooked on a feeling but when i am, i'm high on believing!" My Blog!

So Worlds Finest is going to be Val Zod and Thomas Wayne? God, not only was that book such a waste of potential in the regular earth, it squanders it going back tonEsrth 2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    I like the angle World's Finest will take.
    I do to, except I wish it was the main Earth Batman and Superman, who both have 5 year gaps that need to be filled in as well

Well that's crappy news. I wanted Levitz to leave the title but didn't want a format switch. We don't need another Batman and Superman title, geez.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    So Worlds Finest is going to be Val Zod and Thomas Wayne? God, not only was that book such a waste of potential in the regular earth, it squanders it going back tonEsrth 2 as well.
    No, it will be the original Batman and Superman that were killed in the first story of Earth 2 and have been featured in Batman/Superman. Batman is married to Catwoman and Superman is married to Lois Lane. They are basically the pre-52 Batman and Superman and are about 5 years older than the prime Earth B/S
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 05-23-2014 at 01:43 PM.

So two Batman/Superman team up titles. Isn't that just going to cannibalize the sales for the main book?

This book should have been cancelled.

I don't think it'll hurt anything sales wise. Just sucks because I wanted to see someone actually write Karen and Helena well. Maybe they'll be back. But frankly I wouldn't be surprised now to see Helena actually killed off.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-23-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    So two Batman/Superman team up titles. Isn't that just going to cannibalize the sales for the main book?

This book should have been cancelled.
    It's hard to say if the shift is permanent or just temporary, though.
    "The biggest thing with 'Worlds' Finest' is [Power Girl and Huntress] aren’t going to be in it for a while!" Levitz told CBR. "They’re off on Earth 2 and they’ll be in the 'Earth 2: World’s End' weekly and someone else will be guiding their destiny for a while. We’ll see what happens to them, but I imagine they’ll have a very challenging time -- with a title like 'World's End' that’s some pretty scary stuff, I suspect! But 'Worlds' Finest' will continue, and the guys were kind enough to throw me the challenge of saying, 'We've never really told that much about the stories of the Earth 2 Superman and Batman that exist now, so why don’t you be Worlds' Finest traditional and tell some stories about those guys for a while?'

"I’m going to stick on 'Worlds’ Finest' and maybe some other projects; ultimately I decided that the structure of the 'World's End' weekly just wasn't ideal for me at this time," Levitz continued. "I wish them well with it, I hope fans have fun with them -- these weeklies are very interesting challenges, but it just wasn’t the right thing for me to be doing at this moment."

Because we clearly don't have enough Batman/Superman stuff already.
    Can we invest in the Earth 2 Bats and Supes knowing their fates?
    Also, when is somebody going to give me my Supergirl/Batgirl book? :P
    Current Monthly Pulls (though I buy a ton of trades as well all the time):
    DC: Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger, Trinity of Sin: Pandora, Justice League, Justice League United, Constantine, Justice League Dark, Smallville Season 11 Minis
    Marvel: Avengers, New Avengers, Avengers World, Original Sin

Favourite DC Characters: 1- Supergirl 2- Pandora 3- Red Lantern Bleez 4- Batgirl (Babs) 5- Larfleeze 6- Green Arrow

Hyped for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

seems like people at DC aren't even trying. Another batman/superman book?
    earth 2 has other character worth of more development and stories, like Fury.

what about bat/ww book? of course not

And to think I had high hopes for Mike Cotton's editorship. This and the ending of Pfeifer's Red Hood really make me question how prepared he is for the job of World's End or Pfeifer's New Teen Titans.

And we were free of DC related editorial mishaps for eight months too!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    seems like people at DC aren't even trying. Another batman/superman book?
    earth 2 has other character worth of more development and stories, like Fury.

what about bat/ww book? of course not
    Again, it doesn't sound like it's necessarily a permanent change . . . we'll have to wait and see, though.