Page 453 of 453 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453
Results 6,781 to 6,789 of 6789

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    In a way it would be funny if it did, after a lot of the recent concerns that Taylor is coddling Laura too much.
    Which is why I'd welcome it. As long as Gabby doesn't die, bring on the bad things. I like high stakes and tension.

Elder Member

I'm personally tired of them TEASING that she's finally going to pull herself out of the darkness/violence, only to contrive a way to pull her back in. Enough backtracking Marvel, the misery/darkness needs to end at some point. Otherwise, it just gets dull and repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm personally tired of them TEASING that she's finally going to pull herself out of the darkness/violence, only to contrive a way to pull her back in. Enough backtracking Marvel, the misery/darkness needs to end at some point. Otherwise, it just gets dull and repetitive.
    She doesn't need to get pulled back into the misery and darkness for there to be high stakes and tension. I'd argue Laura is at her best when she still holds onto that thread of hope when impending doom is all around her.

Newbie Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Variant cover for all new wolverine 20 from Panniccia twitter by Kirk and Aburtov
    Attachment 47173

Its verry sweet......but I'm worried the book being Macbeth hints at some bad things to come.
    That is a great cover

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Now, this is a guy who has no idea what the real world is lol I have bad news for you. The Darkness and misery never ends in real world. lol They are keeping it up in the comics probably means they want to be somewhat relevant to the real world, i guess.
    Last edited by Batarang; Today at 09:21 AM.
    Bat-napped at young age

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Now, this is a guy who has no idea what the real world is lol I have bad news for you. The Darkness and misery never ends in real world. lol They are keeping it up in the comics probably means they want to be somewhat relevant to the real world, i guess.
    They're not keeping it up, which is the point of contention; some believe the pendulum is swinging a little to far in the opposite direction.

Also, "realism" does not make it not dull and repetitive; a lack of realism might destroy suspension of disbelieve and make it impossible to be invested in, but under not circumstances is "realism" an excuse for boring, bad, or structurally unsound writing. (This has nothing to do with the issue at hand I just hate the "realism" deflection.)
    Last edited by Nazrel; Today at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    They're not keeping it up, which is the point of contention; some believe the pendulum is swinging a little to far in the opposite direction.
    Ofcourse i haven't read the Laura comics which we are talking about right now, that's why i said '' i guess '' i need to read the comics at hand to talk about it further, and i don't know when i will read it. I'm so behind of the things, it's crazy.
    Bat-napped at young age

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Also, "realism" does not make it not dull and repetitive; a lack of realism might destroy suspension of disbelieve and make it impossible to be invested in, but under not circumstances is "realism" an excuse for boring, bad, or structurally unsound writing. (This has nothing to do with the issue at hand I just hate the "realism" deflection.)
    Real life can be very dull and repetitive. Most of us like it that way actually, can you believe having just one adventure these super heroes have ? even that would be too much... lol you would be like OMG please let it end, let it end ! lol if you survive, aspecially a second adventure after that would be davistating if you survive that too... you need to be the most unfortunate lucky guy ever to live those horrors and survie twice ! lol

So super heroes having those adventures over and over again and acting like nothing happend is pretty unrealistic, comics is unrealistic. No one can go on like that... lol they can only be relatively connected to being human at some point to be somewhat relevant to real world and that's being miserable because of one or two unfortunete event like all of us.( but not at the scale of super hero comics lol) So i never say Realistic for super hero comics cause it can't be but to be somewhat relevant to real world in this unrealistic world, this can happen. Otherwise we wouldn't read them.
    Last edited by Batarang; Today at 10:29 AM.
    Bat-napped at young age

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Real life can be very dull and repetitive. Most of us like it that way actually, can you believe having just one adventure these super heroes have ? even that would be too much... lol you would be like OMG please let it end, let it end ! lol if you survive, aspecially a second adventure after that would be davistating if you survive that too... you need to be the most unfortunate lucky guy ever to live those horrors and survie twice ! lol

[b]So super heroes having those adventures over and over again and acting like nothing happend is pretty unrealistic, comics is unrealistic. No one can go on like that... lol they can only be relatively connected to being human at some point to be somewhat relevant to real world and that's being miserable because of one or two unfortunete event like all of us.( but not at the scale of super hero comics lol) So i never say Realistic for super hero comics cause it can't be but to be somewhat relevant to real world in this unrealistic world, this can happen. Otherwise we wouldn't read them.
    I think people who are looking for a happy and jolly teenage girl who laughs all the time and worries about nothing greater than having her nails done, should petition Marvel to start another Pixie or even a Surge book. I saw the same complaints when I was reading the pre-Nu52 Supergirl. Kara had been morose (mostly to differentiate her from her cousine) it turned out that she had been abused by her father and some fans couldn't deal with it and wanted her to be happy all the time.

Part of the appeal of X-23/Laura for many of us is that she's a teenage girl who went under went horrible childhood abuse. Yet still has picked herself up and tried to be her own person. Instead of just rolling over and playing dead or adopting a victim mentality. That's what inspires many of us and what makes many of us like to read about her. A character with problems and with baggage is infinitely more interesting to read about. Than some character who has never had a significant problem. Like I've posted several times on here before, it's pretty clear that her creators in writing her made her to be an introvert and a more serious/melancholic type of person. People like this do exist in real life (many are in science and tech, and engineering). Laura's personality probably would have been the same if she had had a regular happy childhood. It's also unrealistic to expect someone who has suffered that much abuse and at that age to just fluff if off in a matter of years. I've read and heard testimonies from people who have had suffered extreme trauma as children who haven't even begun to recover from it until decades later. And often this is with counselling or getting some sort of spiritual help. Does anyone have an issue in the books where Laura is spending time with a psychologist,priest or a rabbi? To expect Laura to just fluff off her trauma and 'pull herself out of despair' all by herself and in a matter of months is just bad writing and lazy storytelling.
    "Endurance is patience concentrated."--Thomas Carlyle