Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: The Wicked + The Divine #1

Every ninety years, twelve gods incarnate as humans. They are loved. They are hated. In two years, they are dead. The team behind critically thermonuclear floor-fillers Young Avengers and PHONOGRAM reunite to start a new ongoing superhero fantasy with a beautiful oversized issue. Welcome to THE WICKED + THE DIVINE, where gods are the ultimate pop stars. But remember: just because you're immortal, doesn't mean you're going to live forever.

Full preview here.

Really excited for this. McKelvie has always done great work, but he's in top form here.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Have this on my pull list to check out at least the first couple of issues. Looks promising and the art looks great.

Yeah, pre-ordered already!
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

BANNED

great preview!! I'm curious about this series, has a new and interesting premise.

Hmm, I may give this a shot. I do love me some Gillen and McKelvie.
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|RAT QUEENS|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM

Looking to be a keeper on my pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by RoguishGurl View Post
    Hmm, I may give this a shot. I do love me some Gillen and McKelvie.
    Me too. I didn't preorder it, but this is definitely getting me to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Me too. I didn't preorder it, but this is definitely getting me to try it out.
    Need to pre-order to support! Just kidding, my retailers don't usually order many of the smaller titles.
    My fan fiction:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    But remember: just because you're immortal, doesn't mean you're going to live forever.

Full preview here.

im·mor·tal
    i(m)ˈmôrtl/
    adjective
    living forever; never dying or decaying.
    "our mortal bodies are inhabited by immortal souls"

Huh.

Friendly Spider Chrysalis_Changling's Avatar

Gillen And Mckelvie's Young Avengers run kinda bored me...so I'm not so sure i should jump on board this series(especially since gillen's tastes and my tastes are so far apart it's insane)

I imagine this will be more in line with "Phonogram" than "Young Avengers".
    My fan fiction:

Good Evening.

This looks bloody fantastic, and has me wanting to check out Phonogram. So yeah.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Friendly Spider Chrysalis_Changling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    I imagine this will be more in line with "Phonogram" than "Young Avengers".
    eh never read Phonogram so that doesn't exactly make me feel any better