Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 88
  1. #46
    Super Moderator Expletive Deleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have the same problem too when I want to look at the previews of a comic on the front page. Ads come in and block everything and sometimes I can't get rid of them easily. So I will head to another site instead that displays them in a more friendly way. I will try and do more screen caps if anyone wants to see.
    Have you checked your computer for malware?

  2. #47
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    I'm not having a problem with ads on my computer but the ads make browsing the website on my phone near impossible because half of them cannot be closed. The especially problem ad is the one asking me to sign up CBR's newsletter because my only option on that popping up is closing the window entirely because nothing you tap on makes it go away, not even the "don't show me this again" part.

  3. #48
    Timey Wimey Sans Simian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I'm not having a problem with ads on my computer but the ads make browsing the website on my phone near impossible because half of them cannot be closed. The especially problem ad is the one asking me to sign up CBR's newsletter because my only option on that popping up is closing the window entirely because nothing you tap on makes it go away, not even the "don't show me this again" part.
    I can confirm this. As I think I've said before, I get the popup even though I'm signed into the forums *and* I'm already signed up for the newsletter. iOS.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

  4. #49
    penetrator of things
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    559

    Default Really sketchy intrusive mobile ads

    CBR on mobile - using Chrome - has been getting really shitty intrusive ads. Not the giant "pls subscribe" or entire page ads. But, ads that forcefully redirect you to somewhere else, the page "warns" you about a virus, makes your phone vibrate. It's just CBR, but I've seen it on other sites with ads. Usually happens on the forum, not so much the main site.
    Last edited by tako; 01-01-2016 at 08:37 PM.
    I know things,
    SECRET things.
    I might post about such things sometimes,
    but I doubt it.

  5. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    CBR on mobile - using Chrome - has been getting really shitty intrusive ads. Not the giant "pls subscribe" or entire page ads. But, ads that forcefully redirect you to somewhere else, the page "warns" you about a virus, makes your phone vibrate. It's just CBR, but I've seen it on other sites with ads. Usually happens on the forum, not so much the main site.
    Yes I completely agree I get those as well and makes me not want to go on CBR as much anymore knowing what it may contain
    Teach a man to fish, you feed a village. Give a man a fish, the ever growing village demands free fish. We will now spend trillions on social services and SSI for people who don't know how to fish.

  6. #51
    Spam Hunter Conn Seanery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1997
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    3,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    CBR on mobile - using Chrome - has been getting really shitty intrusive ads. Not the giant "pls subscribe" or entire page ads. But, ads that forcefully redirect you to somewhere else, the page "warns" you about a virus, makes your phone vibrate. It's just CBR, but I've seen it on other sites with ads. Usually happens on the forum, not so much the main site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Venkman View Post
    Yes I completely agree I get those as well and makes me not want to go on CBR as much anymore knowing what it may contain
    Please send screen grabs of the offending ads to jonah@comicbookresources.com
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

    "Looks like someone is going to college! And that person and I have something in common; college!" ~Kimmy Schmidt

  7. #52
    Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Hey all,

    If you have a problem with any ad on the site -- especially one that is hijacking your screen -- please take a screen grab of it and send it to jonah@comicbookresources.com. Most of what people are describing here is not supposed to happen, which makes me think those ads aren't necessarily coming from CBR. But going based just on the descriptions, it's hard to understand what is and is not meant to happen.

    Especially the complaints about issues on mobile devices -- that doesn't sound like it's coming from CBR or if it is, it's not supposed to and we need to work with our networks to make sure it doesn't happen.

    Again, if you have an issue with an ad, please e-mail me directly WITH a screen grab. Just posting complaints in here will not help us understand the user experience you're having.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

  8. #53
    THE RED HOOD JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WITH THE OUTLAWS
    Posts
    5,117

    Default

    Jonah,

    It's a bit pointless to Screen cap a blank page to send to you but I've gotten the same persistent blank screen with no loading ad again this time in the DC solicits page you all just posted a few hours ago. It takes over the whole screen but never loads the ad and seems to activate when I scroll down.

    Current Top 25 Titles:Accell/Super Sons/Red Hood and the Outlaws/Incidentals/New Super-Man/Superb/Green Lanterns/Maxwell's Demons/Batman and the Signal/Noble/Black Lightning/My Hero Academia/Ninja-K/Monstress/Gotham City Garage/Alters/Batman/Kino/ASM: Renew Your Vows/Summit/Bloodshot: Salvation/Moon Knight/Astonisher/Falcon/Tales of Suspense


    Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

  9. #54
    THE RED HOOD JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WITH THE OUTLAWS
    Posts
    5,117

    Default

    I'm getting a strange message while I'm in my private messages. The message keeps popping up and asks if I would like to exit the page "yes" or "no". At first I though I'd inadvertently hit the exit button but now I've sat here for ten minutes without doing anything at all and then message has popped up half a dozen times and it keeps redirecting me off the page. Anyone else having this problem?

    Current Top 25 Titles:Accell/Super Sons/Red Hood and the Outlaws/Incidentals/New Super-Man/Superb/Green Lanterns/Maxwell's Demons/Batman and the Signal/Noble/Black Lightning/My Hero Academia/Ninja-K/Monstress/Gotham City Garage/Alters/Batman/Kino/ASM: Renew Your Vows/Summit/Bloodshot: Salvation/Moon Knight/Astonisher/Falcon/Tales of Suspense


    Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

  10. #55
    Duly appointed enforcer of the Admin Accord Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 1997
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    524

    Default

    If you could take a screenshot of what's happening, that'd be great. I know it sounds silly but it really does help.
    Also listing what OS and browser you use would be informative.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

  11. #56
    THE RED HOOD JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WITH THE OUTLAWS
    Posts
    5,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If you could take a screenshot of what's happening, that'd be great. I know it sounds silly but it really does help.
    Also listing what OS and browser you use would be informative.
    Never mind. It seems to have stopped now.

    Current Top 25 Titles:Accell/Super Sons/Red Hood and the Outlaws/Incidentals/New Super-Man/Superb/Green Lanterns/Maxwell's Demons/Batman and the Signal/Noble/Black Lightning/My Hero Academia/Ninja-K/Monstress/Gotham City Garage/Alters/Batman/Kino/ASM: Renew Your Vows/Summit/Bloodshot: Salvation/Moon Knight/Astonisher/Falcon/Tales of Suspense


    Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

  12. #57
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,074

    Default

    I think you guys should be aware that this latest ad you have on your site for some Valiant thing is making it really difficult to log in. I was trying last evening several times on my Mac and couldn't get to log in each time before the ad took over the screen so I tried on my PC and the same thing happened. I finally was able to log in just now, but I don't know exactly how I was able to do it this time or if I'll be able to do it next time when I've timed out.

    I realize the ads look cool and all and they pay the rent, but if they don't let a person get in, then they kinda defeat the purpose of the site. And if a body can't log in, then it's not so easy to communicate the problem or find a solution.

    edit: also when I tried to preview this post, the preview post itself was covered by a pretty but blank blue box from the ad.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 04-20-2016 at 05:23 AM.
    “Don’t mistake my patience for weakness”

  13. #58
    Don Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think you guys should be aware that this latest ad you have on your site for some Valiant thing is making it really difficult to log in. I was trying last evening several times on my Mac and couldn't get to log in each time before the ad took over the screen so I tried on my PC and the same thing happened. I finally was able to log in just now, but I don't know exactly how I was able to do it this time or if I'll be able to do it next time when I've timed out.

    I realize the ads look cool and all and they pay the rent, but if they don't let a person get in, then they kinda defeat the purpose of the site. And if a body can't log in, then it's not so easy to communicate the problem or find a solution.

    edit: also when I tried to preview this post, the preview post itself was covered by a pretty but blank blue box from the ad.
    I felt this pain as well. I tried for a long time to start a thread in the Spiderman section and the ad just blew my chances....
    Kind regards
    Godfather

    "...Now, that's the power you can't buy! That's the power of fear​..."

  14. #59
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    I haven't been getting ad blocking problems, but what I do see are parts of CBR's banners are transparent and make it hard to see the menus when the red text shows up poorly against certain backgrounds, and this appears on PCs both at home and at work with Chrome. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。

  15. #60
    Read my mind Lois's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I haven't been getting ad blocking problems, but what I do see are parts of CBR's banners are transparent and make it hard to see the menus when the red text shows up poorly against certain backgrounds, and this appears on PCs both at home and at work with Chrome. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Yes...I am seeing the same things you are.
    Am also seeing ads popping up too.
    Am finding it rather annoying when trying to navigate the threads, user profile, etc.
    Not a major problem for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •