Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Really good, I am so excited for this.
    Favorites: Fables, Batman, Grayson, Rat Queens, Secret wars, Martian Manhunter, Justice League

Think non ban worthy thoughts, think non ban worthy thoughts, think non ban worthy thoughts.

Foreman's art has always been kind of cool and ugly all at once. I liked his work on Animal Man.

I thought this was really damn cool. Pulling together all these guys and gals, good and evil. Pretty sweet.

I thought Lemire's run was very disappointing, but now I'm excited again. I have always loved team books the most and hope this is full of larger-than-life adventures.

It's a pun

Eehh... The art! Just... the faces... It was just bad, then I saw Lex... ugh.

Also, Stargirl's outfit looks boring as shit. I mean, I get giving ehr pants instead of shorts, but the belly thing at least broke up the blue! Can we put something there? Like, I dunno, black material or something?

The concept itself just doesn't interest me. I wish the team had stayed smaller and focused on space stuff. I mean, sure, I like Mera, Robotman, Swamp Thing and Sinestro, but the concept just doesn't grab me, especially if it's dealing with Convergence.

Whelp, better not make the same mistake I did with the last arc of this series and get into something I'm only reading through obligation and hope that it'll get better.

Dropped.
    Last edited by Will of the Geeks; 05-28-2015 at 12:15 AM.
    There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Rookie Member

The art would be suitable if it's for a horror-themed book. Wasn't Kid Flash part of The Elite in Teen Titans? Anyways happy for Deadman, Firestorm, Beast Boy, Mera, Wonder Girl and Swamp Thing appearing and getting a push (even though it's a small one). So it will be the JLU members, Titans and solo heroes stopping another cosmic catastrophe.

Rookie Member

The *premise* really appeals to me (its one of the books I'm most looking forward too) but that art is distracting (Travel Foreman's art seems to have deteriorated but maybe I just need to get used to it again).

One thought though, do we *know* which Wonder Girl that is? Maybe its just the way she's written but she didn't seem like the NEW 52 version from what little I've seen of that version :/

Cheers.

James.

You guys are crazy. Foreman is easily one of the best artists working on any superhero book.

Rookie Member

Are some of these characters supposed to be the pre-New52 versions? Because they seemed kinda off in different instances if they weren't.

Also, just like that Static bait-and-switch, that Jaime/Blue Beetle tease was just straight up mean.

Veteran Member

I like Foreman's style a lot but I guess I can totally see why it might grate on some people. But he's earned my buy ... I've been missing him since Action # 13.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

What's happened to Luthor's face?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    What's happened to Luthor's face?
    Foreman thought he was drawing Peter Pettigrew.

I really wanted to like this book, but the art threw me off completely. I'm willing to give the big cast of mixed heroes and villains a shot, but the art made me want to punch something. Everyone's faces...and the teeth, ugh. I'm going to have to pass on this series until a new artist takes over.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC!

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
    Eehh... The art! Just... the faces... It was just bad, then I saw Lex... ugh.

Also, Stargirl's outfit looks boring as shit. I mean, I get giving ehr pants instead of shorts, but the belly thing at least broke up the blue! Can we put something there? Like, I dunno, black material or something?

The concept itself just doesn't interest me. I wish the team had stayed smaller and focused on space stuff. I mean, sure, I like Mera, Robotman, Swamp Thing and Sinestro, but the concept just doesn't grab me, especially if it's dealing with Convergence.

Whelp, better not make the same mistake I did with the last arc of this series and get into something I'm only reading through obligation and hope that it'll get better.

Dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post

I really wanted to like this book, but the art threw me off completely. I'm willing to give the big cast of mixed heroes and villains a shot, but the art made me want to punch something. Everyone's faces...and the teeth, ugh. I'm going to have to pass on this series until a new artist takes over.
    Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    This art makes me physically ill

And why do they have Post Crisis Lex Luthor?

Edit: I feel like it was better for a horror story like Animal Man.

I would like it better in this, if some of the faces did not seem really off.

Stargirl scared me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    The story intrigues me.

The art? Not so much. Those faces are terrifying.

Luckily, I tend to favor story above art, so I'm still onboard. I just hope we get a new artist, eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    The art look weird especially the teeth I mean wow

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    You guys are crazy. Foreman is easily one of the best artists working on any superhero book.
    This right here. I've been waiting for another Travel Foreman helmed book and is actually what has me interested.
    OOOHHHHHH!! - Joe Rogan

Veteran Member

Foreman is one of the most talented, exciting, and stylish artists working in the industry today. I'm buying this on the back of his work alone, because he's that good (and, let's be honest, it's not like there is much else to go on in that preview -- just a bunch of people saying the same, vaguely ominous thing over and over again in their various voices).
    Check out MURDER ONE, a 10 pg short written by me, for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    Lol... that's who he reminds me of.

BANNED

This is the best example if looser continuity that DC is going for. These are all new 52 character and this story takes place in DCnU canon but we don't know at what time this is taking place and why all these characters agreed to help. The people this story is aimed at are going to enjoy it without worry around continuity. Trolls are going to whine how new 52 is a failure and there is no canon because Mongul was in phantom zone, guy Gardner is red lantern, brainiac us gone and blah blah blah.

I going to enjoy the hell out of this story and Other upcoming DCyou stories.

The premise has potential, but the artwork is disgusting. I'm not going to follow this.
    The Green Lantern John Stewart Website: http://www.greenlantern.co