Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950 LastLast
    Spectacular Member victor borkowski's Avatar

so many good characters to choose from and who do we get stuck with? eye boy

Eye boy is like the Fantomex of X Kids, no matter how much people don't like him it seems like writers all love him because they keep using him.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Well, when Paniccia did his "6-man team you want to see" on Twitter, he liked my "NXM reunion with Surge, Hellion, X, Mercury, Dust, and Rockslide."
    nice. But i don't see anything coming from it.

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    I don't dislike Eye Boy. And I don't fault the Gen X writer for wanting to use students who never really got the limelight/development. Because really if we think about it: Julian, Cessily, Nori, Santo, Victor and so on should have graduated by now. So they really don't need to be students.

But alas they're stuck in late teens limbo.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    nice. But i don't see anything coming from it.

I don't dislike Eye Boy. And I don't fault the Gen X writer for wanting to use students who never really got the limelight/development. Because really if we think about it: Julian, Cessily, Nori, Santo, Victor and so on should have graduated by now. So they really don't need to be students.

But alas they're stuck in late teens limbo.
    The thing is these characters did get spotlight. They were the main roster of Wolverine and the X-men and its successor Spider-man and the X-men. Quentin, especially has been used quite a bit. He was created back in the Morrison era, so I dont get why he'd still be a student. Most of the New X-men kids havent had much to do in years. FYI, they did graduate at the end of WATX. Unfortuantely that didnt lead to any progression for them in the main books

true. But they're still treated/seen as students by the X-Men thus making their "graduation" a sham.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is there a resurgence bc I dont see it. Then arent being used now any differrently than they were post-SW. We still saw them but they primarily remained as background material. We were lucky they even had an arc as main characters during Apocalypse Wars
    At least we see them. For a year and a half, all we got of Surge was a variant cover for Storm. At least we saw her and Gentle have speaking roles. At least Guggenheim is actively trying to include the forgotten X-Men. He promised important roles for Armor and Rockslide at the end of the first arc. Plus, I can write off Apocalypse Wars as Anole just being Anole, who seems to be a lot of comic book writers' fav.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Well sort of Surge they had blue hair at least but no gauntlets and no electrical powers. Not sure if that was just an artistic fluff up or what.

I guess we'll see how much of a resurgence it really is and how much of a part they will play. I like to think if we keep making noise about them and having enough polls on how much we as readers still like these characters and want to see their stories continue to develop that they might listen and do something with the backlog of NXM characters put to the side so creators can have their own X kids.
    Most likely artist fluff. I wouldn't mind putting the Aaron!kids and post-Second Coming kids as the current students if it meant the New X-Men got to headline a main team. Making noise got Digital Codes back, fewer events, and even ResurrXiOn, so I think people bringing up New X-Men over and over again will tell editors and writers what we really want.

Well, when Paniccia did his "6-man team you want to see" on Twitter, he liked my "NXM reunion with Surge, Hellion, X, Mercury, Dust, and Rockslide."
    He seems really passionate about the NX-Men kids so I don't know why anything hasn't been done yet.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    Yep I feel the same way.. I mean Morph, Triage and Hijack were great additions. I know Hijack is a bit old so he should have been used on Xmen Gold tbh.. But they could have used so many good characters. They had Georgia Dakei from Xfactor that was a women of color and blank slate mostly, they had Loa, Surge, Trance, hell they could have repowered Wind Dancer for me. As far the guys they could have used Prodigy- they missed the boat not having his sister Kim becoming an inhuman drawing him into a dilemna. She wanted powers but wasnt a mutant and it would have be a good nod making her an inhuman. Rockslide, Anole and/or Gold Balls would have been nice comic relief and been great foils to Hellion being serious and hot headed.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Dust isn't even a full fledged NXM. Paniccia, get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    At least we see them. For a year and a half, all we got of Surge was a variant cover for Storm. At least we saw her and Gentle have speaking roles. At least Guggenheim is actively trying to include the forgotten X-Men. He promised important roles for Armor and Rockslide at the end of the first arc. Plus, I can write off Apocalypse Wars as Anole just being Anole, who seems to be a lot of comic book writers' fav.
    Again, how is this any different than before? Lemire had the kids be lead in an entire arc over in New X-men and Elixir was used in Uncanny. I think its too early to claim any type of resurgence

Gentle & Loa are missed most by me! Anybody knows when we last saw them!?
    During AvX?

Anyone know where I could get some nice art prints of these characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Dust isn't even a full fledged NXM. Paniccia, get a clue.
    Yes she is.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKY JAWS View Post
    Gentle & Loa are missed most by me! Anybody knows when we last saw them!?
    During AvX?
    Gentle was in Prime last month

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Anyone know where I could get some nice art prints of these characters?
    Art.com and AllPosters.com have the licenses for a lot of POD Marvel covers. Random selection of NXM covers:

Link
    Link
    Link
    Link

Otherwise you'll probably have to commission it yourself.

This Week's Comics: Wonder Woman #25, Saga #44, Elephantmen #77, TMNT #71, Heroines #1, Raven The Pirate Princess #12

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Otherwise you'll probably have to commission it yourself.
    Know any good artists who are fairly inexpensive but do great work? I'd love to get some NXM art, but money is tight.