Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Nicholas D'Agosto Bumped to Series Regular on "Gotham"

Get ready for a lot more of Nicholas D'Agosto -- who plays Harvey Dent, the future Two-Face -- next season on Fox's "Gotham."

Full article here.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Hmm... so maybe less focus on Penguin next season?

Great news, as pre-Two-Face Harvey Dent offers lots of story potential; the more heroic we see him during his prosecuting the bad guys days, the more tragic his downfall will be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Hmm... so maybe less focus on Penguin next season?
    That seems highly unlikely, given the way this season ended. I expect Harvey will be grabbing some of the screen time vacated by the departures of Fish Mooney, Falcone, and Maroni.

There's no way we should see Two-Face on the show unless they pick up on the movie backstory and the GCPD start calling him that behind his back at some point. In the comics, and the animated show, I was resistant to them showing that Harvey was crazy before he was scarred, but realistically it makes sense that he always had that in him. It could be great to see him grappling with the two sides of himself since many of the characters on the show are clearly either good or evil. (including Bullock, who may be compromised, but is clearly good)

At least he doesn't have to worry about Maroni anymore...

I'm just wondering what Victor Zsasz will be doing now that Falcone is retired.

BANNED

So are we ever going to see Montoya and Allen again?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least he doesn't have to worry about Maroni anymore...
    Presumably it will be a younger member of the Maroni family that acids him in this continuity. Perhaps Maroni has an unmentioned son?

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I don't think they knew what to do with her this season. The whole thing with her boiking Sarah and then immediately regretting it screamed "aborted arc".

I wondered that too. They just disappeared, I think from having too many regular characters and not enough for everyone.

I liked the actress, maybe not so much what they did with her character but an out cop played by an actor who was a big bat-fan in real life was pretty good to have. I hope they find some more to do with her.

She's really supportive of LGBT causes as well
    https://twitter.com/vickicartagena

They didn't really plans things very well in this show, so they didn't know what to do with these characters. So that meant they just quietly disappeared them. Who knows if they will be back. The show kind of went on without them. Also they made Montoya quite unlikeable (not the fault of the actress, this was the writing's fault) with the whole Barbara subplot that kind of went nowhere. Allen didn't really do anything, so maybe he can be back with a new direction.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

The unexpected increase in their episode order apparently threw the writers off quite a bit. I suspect they had to pad out Barbara's storyline in order to fill time, and that meant they had to go in a different direction with her.

Montoya and Allen might be back next season, since Gordon will need allies in his hostile takeover of the GCPD.

I didn't know about the unexpected increase in episodes. I had thought they disappeared them so as to give Jim fewer allies so he could go all "lone wolf" at the end.

Astonishing Member

It also might be that they just didn't fit in with the "Gotham P.D. is utterly corrupt" theme they were going for. It's like, Gotham is utterly corrupt...except for Gordan and these two cops who are convinced he's corrupt despite them being part of a police department so corrupt that criminals can openly hunt inside the police HQ. Montoya just did not make sense in the world the writers had created.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I seem to remember reading an article (probably on CBR?) stating that D'Agosto was always going to be promoted to series regular with season 2...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009