Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Days of Future Past" Brings in $36 Million in North America on Friday

The latest "X-Men" film from director Bryan Singer looks to bring in $110 million over the four-day Memorial Day weekend.

Full article here.

Wow.....The Winter Soldier is still hangin in there with $36.9M.

Let the record show that even I had Cap2 down for 3rd place behind both Spider-man and Fox-men. And at this point ASM2 might not even reach $700M.

Fine let Cap2 and Fox-men duke it out for Marvel superiority. Being that it's such a close race I tip my hat to Marvel Studios and FOX while shaking my head at Sony for letting their grip slip yet again. 2 studios clearly weren't playing around. While Webb.....? Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by YoungThanos View Post
    Wow.....The Winter Soldier is still hangin in there with $36.9M.

Let the record show that even I had Cap2 down for 3rd place behind both Spider-man and Fox-men. And at this point ASM2 might not even reach $700M.

Fine let Cap2 and Fox-men duke it out for Marvel superiority. Being that it's such a close race I tip my hat to Marvel Studios and FOX while shaking my head at Sony for letting their grip slip yet again. 2 studios clearly weren't playing around. While Webb.....? Pathetic!
    Singer/Fox brought their game, because they knew they had to undo the ill will generated from the previous X-Men movies. Sony's Spider-Man wasn't up to snuff, because the studio was more concerned about setting up future franchises, like a possible Sinister Six spin-off. I feel bad for Webb, because he probably had a lot of execs telling what to put into ASM2.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is probably my favorite Marvel herofilm. It's also made me appreciate: CA:TFA more! Its success is deserved.

No really huge openings for CBMs this year like IM3 and MOS had last year. All good openings for cap, spidey, and x men but nothing blowing things off the map.

Damn, this film really should get more cash than Last Stand. It's freaking insanely good (face comics film of all time, along with TDK). I'll be seeing it a third time on Monday,

Quote Originally Posted by greenish lantern View Post
    Damn, this film really should get more cash than Last Stand. It's freaking insanely good (face comics film of all time, along with TDK). I'll be seeing it a third time on Monday,
    Still nice to know that it's better than Last Stand, critically at least.

Quote Originally Posted by greenish lantern View Post

I just think even though the appetite for these movies is still really good. It isnt was it was about 5 years ago.

YoungThanos, ASM2 already has $650 million worldwide. It's gonna blow past $700 million this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    No really huge openings for CBMs this year like IM3 and MOS had last year. All good openings for cap, spidey, and x men but nothing blowing things off the map.
    Cap ended up making almost 800 million, that's much better than anyone expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Still nice to know that it's better than Last Stand, critically at least.
    Honestly, the initial trilogy hasn't aged that well. It has its moments, but X3 is the way it is largely due to X1 and X2.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Cap ended up making almost 800 million, that's much better than anyone expected.

705 million is almost 800 million? Just saying as far as domestic none of these cbms are blowing things out of the water. They are all doing well but these are not darknight, original spidey, avengers, IM, or even MOS numbers domestically.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 05-24-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Cap currently stands at $705 million, which is great for an April release. It's officially the highest grossing domestic April release ever. Most of these other movies are release during the summer months which enhances their box office gross. Cap, has already out-grossed MOS, ASM2 will pass it this weekend, and I have high hopes for DOFP to pass it. So I don't see a dropoff in the box office. IM3 is the aberration. You just don't have that many comic based moves to gross $1 billion (4).

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    YoungThanos, ASM2 already has $650 million worldwide. It's gonna blow past $700 million this weekend.
    Wanna bet? ASM only made $2M on Friday it'll likely only make about 3.5M today and another 2M tomorrow giving it a 3 day total of $7.5M in the US BOXOFFICE. So you mean to tell me with both Godzilla and X-men out right now Sony's going to make another $50M overseas this weekend when it's been out overseas 2 weeks before it released in the US???

I'm thinking $665M WW by Monday at the most for ASM2... another $1.5M on Memorial day if they're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Cap currently stands at $705 million, which is great for an April release. It's officially the highest grossing domestic April release ever. Most of these other movies are release during the summer months which enhances their box office gross. Cap, has already out-grossed MOS, ASM2 will pass it this weekend, and I have high hopes for DOFP to pass it. So I don't see a dropoff in the box office. IM3 is the aberration. You just don't have that many comic based moves to gross $1 billion (4).
    Yeah, I'm hoping Cap will bow out with an even $725M if not more.