Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I'm writing this here because I like Saga. And I'd like Saga readers to become Alex + Ada readers.

Alex + Ada (issue 7): I really like this. they’re bringing us to the edge of asking what it means to be human. I like the oblique angle: life is oblique, oblique and opaque. There're many examples of human life: the neighbor who panics just to know Ada's next door; Alex's buddy who sees Ada as only a fancy fantasy; Alex's grandmother who knows Ada's now far more than just 'a robot'. And Ada, now trying to pretend to be 'just a robot'.

A&A has got to be one of the quietest, subtlest comics I’ve read (and I go back many decades): could be just any girl, Ada, admiring how the bracelet looks on her wrist, but it is Ada, and she notices as well what the bracelet hides; just one quiet panel of a girl admiring jewelry, but it conveys a whole social and psychological under-current more.

A&A is one of the best world-building comics I’ve read: moreso even than Saga, certainly one of the best, but its multiple worlds whirl together somewhat higglety-pigglety. The world of Alex and Ada is orderly, is just there as they move through it revealed by Alex's and Ada's movement through it—a world of small changes, but significant changes, a very neatly complete world, a world easy to believe in.
    Age/Bronze, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, AstroCity, Bone, Cerebus, Courtney C, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Goon, Groo, Hawkeye, Hellboy, JonahHex, Kane, Lazarus, Lone Wolf, NextWave, Popeye, Powers, RatQueens, SiP, StrayBullets, 10G, Thief, Usagi

Issue 20 is out today according to Previews. Can't wait.
    Badboy House on the forums before the reboot.
    Member since 2009.

While searching on Amazon,there's a deluxe hc coming out in Dec.It contains the first three volumes.

Wanted to pop over here and say that Saga is my hands-down favorite ongoing comic, and seriously one of the best comics stories that I've read in years.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Clea, before you popback into those dark dimensions, I hope you will try two or three issues of Image's Alex+ Ada. As a Saga fan, I deeply appreciate the incredible world-building subtly put before us, and, even more importantly, the deep characterization given Alex and Ada. Please check into it-- I suspect you'll find it most enjoyable. Some say it's slow; I say, it's building and building and pulling its readers ever deeper into it...
    Age/Bronze, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, AstroCity, Bone, Cerebus, Courtney C, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Goon, Groo, Hawkeye, Hellboy, JonahHex, Kane, Lazarus, Lone Wolf, NextWave, Popeye, Powers, RatQueens, SiP, StrayBullets, 10G, Thief, Usagi

just saying... i freaking love this comic XD