Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Marvel did regard him as Jewish, though. Everyone I talked to confirmed this, including Dave Cockrum. Chris Claremont has confirmed this in interviews. They said he was Jewish in just about every possible way, except coming out and saying, "Magneto is Jewish." He was considered a Jewish character until Bob Harras became Editor in Chief.
    `

Agree, I am just talking from the perspective of someone new to comics, Magneto being jewish would not be apparent considering the 90`s retcon and storylines like House of M in which Magnus is considered his name. So to explain all that, it`s neccesary to point to the original work of Claremont about the character, the retcon issue, and Magneto Testament. Just my oppinion.

Edited to add: I use Sabra as an example. Nowhere has any comic book come out and said, "Sabra is a Jewish character." We just presume she is. She is an Israeli, she wears the Star of David on her headband, she works for Mossad. We presume she is. Just so Magneto before UNLIMITED #2, (which by the way I don't agree is a good comic book, because of several different reasons). (The sins of UNLIMITED #2 also include the attempt to falsify Holocaust and Auschwitz history to try and twist and bend Magneto's history into being a Roma.) Magneto was presented as a Jewish Holocaust survivor, though since the early 1980s.
    1.- I did have doubts in putting this issue because I understand it creates problems about his name and his jewish identity, I decided to put this here because apart from the question of his name, the issue has some good character work with Moira and Gabrielle talking about their perception of Magneto, as well as his would be assasain makes some interesting points about his story in marvel so far, from the silver age to after the fall of Asteroid M on mutant Genesis. I also liked to see him visit his wife grave. But of course that`s my very personal oppinion. I completely agree and respect your dislike of the story but I don´t share it.

2.- Even if he were to be considered Sinte, he still would be an Holocaust survivor. Magneto Testament did make that very clear telling Magda´s story. I would like if some writers in the future, maybe Pak himself if he decides to write the sequel of Magneto Testament, to really get into Magda´s head and get to know her better.

New Mutants #38 or #39?
    that would be : New Mutants vol. 1 #35-#40 The Story about Magneto, the White Queen and the New Mutants. I really miss this version of Emma.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-30-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post

Probably one of the greatest and most romantic panels in X-Men history. This shows that Rogue and Mags were meant to be together!

loved that issue, I like them together as friends or possibly a couple, but I must say I liked him more with Storm, even if it´s purely platonic
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-30-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

"Acts of Vengeance", Captain America (vol. 1) #365-367
    That gave me goosebumps!
    Comic newbie, please be nice

inbox me about comic recommendations as I'm discovering so much within marvel everyday