Page 137 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2344

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    Attachment 51623

I drew this a few months ago. I welcome any thoughts and criticisms. It's a bit over-the-top but I was drunk.
    Overall I like it. But I don't think Catwoman should have stripes. That's more of a Tigress thing.

Amazing Member

It wouldn't be such a bad idea either if Catwoman had multiple disguises, to keep her mystery. She could use something like the emp mask https://nerdeux.files.wordpress.com/.../batman1-2.jpg to change her appearance drastically, and have many looks like she always had in the past. I think more recent stories involving Catwoman bypass all of those cool things she used to do, hence why her comics books seem to drag on sometimes (especially new 52).

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MzTropiqWonder View Post
    It wouldn't be such a bad idea either if Catwoman had multiple disguises, to keep her mystery. She could use something like the emp mask https://nerdeux.files.wordpress.com/.../batman1-2.jpg to change her appearance drastically, and have many looks like she always had in the past. I think more recent stories involving Catwoman bypass all of those cool things she used to do, hence why her comics books seem to drag on sometimes (especially new 52).
    Agreed. Disguising herself as an elderly woman was, after all, her very first M.O. in "Batman" vol 1 #1.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    It's really bad that the Catwoman movie turned out to be so bad because the hype for the movie was insane! But I really think it was more hype for Halle Berry plus I think a lot of people, especially fans of color, were excited because they saw this as the "movie" version of Eartha Kitt who of course is know for her portrayal of Catwoman from the 60's TV show.
    I didn't even bother watching it because it wasn't about Selina Kyle.
    I knew that it would bomb because of that.

Amazing Member

Guillem March himself wanted to redesign Catwoman for her 2011 relaunch. He wrote on his design concepts that her current cowl is "ugly" and that he prefers "no goggles" and no belt or anything around her waist. However, I'm glad these designs weren't used. Here are the design sheets:

Attachment 51589

Attachment 51590

And here is a nude drawn by March:

Attachment 51592

It's censored with panels of Alfred and Bruce's shocked eyes.

That's what they should have gone with! The goggles are redundant and have to go.

Hey, guys! Looking for a fun portrayal of Selina? DC Superhero Girls finally gave her an episode where she's more than just a background character! Loved her characterization here!

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

What's more Catwoman then finding something she wants and planning a successful heist to get it, all the while playing everyone for a fiddle ?

Even her voice is pretty good. Such class and charm .

I also really like her design. The purple highlights are pretty neat .

I'm wondering if King will update her outfit in Rebirth?

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Hey, guys! Looking for a fun portrayal of Selina? DC Superhero Girls finally gave her an episode where she's more than just a background character! Loved her characterization here!

I've never watched the show, but when I first heard of it a while back I checked to see what Catwoman would look like. I was a little mad that Catwoman was nowhere to be found. It would be nice if younger audiences had more opportunity to get introduced to her as someone more than a background character. I'm glad they finally have her an episode of her own. Here's to more!

I've never watched the show, but when I first heard of it a while back I checked to see what Catwoman would look like. I was a little mad that Catwoman was nowhere to be found. It would be nice if younger audiences had more opportunity to get introduced to her as someone more than a background character. I'm glad they finally have her an episode of her own. Here's to more!
    I mostly started watching it because it had Supergirl in it. But was surprised it had Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in it but no Catwoman.

Yeah, she's been in the show pretty much since the beginning, but she's almost always just walking around in the background. Occasionally, she did something kinda useful in an action sequence for a couple seconds. But this is definitely the most exposure she's gotten since the beginning.

And yeah, hopefully this is the first of many solid episodes for her.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I wonder how much trouble she'll be in for stealing that amulet and setting off Ares ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how much trouble she'll be in for stealing that amulet and setting off Ares ?
    Realistically, this could get her expelled from the school. We haven't seen anyone getting expelled yet, but the showrunners said a long time ago that not every character at Superhero High would graduate and go on to become heroes. And again: realistically Selina should've caused quite a bit of damage and even death with a stunt like this. Seems like pretty good grounds for expulsion from a superhero school to me.

Hopefully she won't be expelled. Riddler kidnapped an innocent man and broke several other laws just for a ridiculously elaborate scheme to ask Batgirl to go out with him and he's still at the school. He definitely was arrested and spent at least some time in jail, but I've definitely seen him around since that episode.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Realistically, this could get her expelled from the school. We haven't seen anyone getting expelled yet, but the showrunners said a long time ago that not every character at Superhero High would graduate and go on to become heroes. And again: realistically Selina should've caused quite a bit of damage and even death with a stunt like this. Seems like pretty good grounds for expulsion from a superhero school to me.

Hopefully she won't be expelled. Riddler kidnapped an innocent man and broke several other laws just for a ridiculously elaborate scheme to ask Batgirl to go out with him and he's still at the school. He definitely was arrested and spent at least some time in jail, but I've definitely seen him around since that episode.
    Yeah...I mean, she committed theft, basically, and manipulated the female Trinity and Harley and Ivy to do it, so it's not like she's "innocent" or anything in this.

I would think this warrants either an expulsion or being arrested, but it might depend on how resistant she is to giving the amulet back and making up for what she did. If she's willing to help once she sees what's going on with Ares, the mitigating circumstances might land her a slap on the wrist and a detention at best.

Though I would not be surprised if this ends with someone slapping the cuffs on Catwoman or her scurrying off to avoid getting in trouble, particularly given this is about on par with what Riddler did and Batgirl had no reservations about arresting him.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Having watched The Handmaiden... Chan-wook Park would make a great director for a Catwoman movie (or Gotham City Sirens) if only he were interested. The Handmaiden features a catwomanesque character, kinda undercover in a mansion she plans to rob. Sets and costumes are beautiful photographed. A pipe dream, I know.