Page 155 of 157 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2344
  1. #2311
    Incredible Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Brian Bendis as the writer of a new Catwoman series. Great idea or that sounds horrible?
    Hmmm, I don't know. I think pre-proposal, yes. I don't know if how he would right her now that she is engaged to Bats. I mean, don't get me wrong, he could certainly write her as a East End vigilante and he would probably do a good job with that. But he doesn't seem to be into Batman so he may write her extremely independent. So independent, you might forget she is engaged to the Bats.

    Remember, she is on his list (with about 50 other characters) that can "beat Batman", lol!

  2. #2312
    Incredible Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    No that was some woman from Morrison's Bat-epic. It was curious because she didn't look like Selina then, but whatever. It sure looked like her in Lost, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't meant to be.
    Okay, because I was thinking like, WOW she looks like Selina. But I was surprised because, well Metal has pretty much ignored Selina anyway so....

  3. #2313
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    I disagree. For me, Catwoman was my biggest grievance with BTAS. She was bloody incompetent and overall just had very few redeeming qualities as a character. Her episodes were some of the WORST in the entire show. I also didn't like the blonde design, it worked for Pfeifer-Selina, but it doesn't work in a vacuum IMO. And then the blue-skinned design...just wtf.

    She was more entertaining in The Batman and her DC Showcase short.
    It was the complete opposite for me. I was always pretty captivated by her in B:TAS and Adrienne Barbeau just felt like she nailed Selina in my mind .

    It also sold me on Selina as a blonde .

  4. #2314
    Heir of Batman adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    3,828
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-09-2017 at 11:14 AM.

  5. #2315
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    I disagree. For me, Catwoman was my biggest grievance with BTAS. She was bloody incompetent and overall just had very few redeeming qualities as a character. Her episodes were some of the WORST in the entire show. I also didn't like the blonde design, it worked for Pfeifer-Selina, but it doesn't work in a vacuum IMO. And then the blue-skinned design...just wtf.

    She was more entertaining in The Batman and her DC Showcase short.
    I will take whatever Selina I can get so I did like that she was included in B:TAS. But I also hated they made her blonde, and only did it because for some lousy reason
    they let Pfeiffer stay blonde in "Batman Returns", even though she was brunette in movies like "Married to the Mob". And in retrospect while Selina came off as tough
    at times, she was too often just the damsel in distress that needed Batman to save her. Especially didn't like how Red Claw just wiped the floor with her. Selina is tougher
    than that.

  6. #2316
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,433

    Default

    Gotham by Gaslight trailer:


    Selina even makes the cover art.

  7. #2317

    Default

    It was the complete opposite for me
    I'm a huge BTAS fan but I'm sorry, Catwoman was definitely misused on that show for a large portion of it. Her design and voice actress were both spot-on and Catwalk was an excellent episode but most of the time it really did feel the crew of TAS had no clue what to do with her.

  8. #2318
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,433

    Default

    It's nice to see Selina in a major role in a DC animated movie again, especially since the only other one I can think of where she played a meaningful or sizeable role was Year One back in 2011.



    Really curious to see how she's holding up all that hair though .

  9. #2319
    Incredible Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's nice to see Selina in a major role in a DC animated movie again, especially since the only other one I can think of where she played a meaningful or sizeable role was Year One back in 2011.



    Really curious to see how she's holding up all that hair though .
    But wasn't Year One just when she had her own animated short? I don't remember her being in any animated movies.

  10. #2320
    Incredible Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    I'm a huge BTAS fan but I'm sorry, Catwoman was definitely misused on that show for a large portion of it. Her design and voice actress were both spot-on and Catwalk was an excellent episode but most of the time it really did feel the crew of TAS had no clue what to do with her.
    Did you know that they were going to do a Catwoman: TAS spin-off based on her reception and popularity from BTAS? But the plans fell through. Paul Dini also said that they were trying to make a Catwoman animated movie as well but even that fell through.

    Geoff Johns is trying to get Catwoman to the DCEU. I hope it can happen.

  11. #2321
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    But wasn't Year One just when she had her own animated short? I don't remember her being in any animated movies.
    No, there was the showcase feature and there was also the Year One movie that adapted Frank Miller's story.

  12. #2322
    Fantastic Member CryNotWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    308

    Default

    What I recall is Bruce Timm pitching a Nightwing/Catwoman spin-off series that WB denied.

  13. #2323
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Timm and his gross pairings, lol.

  14. #2324
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    What I recall is Bruce Timm pitching a Nightwing/Catwoman spin-off series that WB denied.
    Okay, this is the first I've heard of that (sounds so random) .

  15. #2325
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Did you know that they were going to do a Catwoman: TAS spin-off based on her reception and popularity from BTAS? But the plans fell through. Paul Dini also said that they were trying to make a Catwoman animated movie as well but even that fell through.

    Geoff Johns is trying to get Catwoman to the DCEU. I hope it can happen.
    Do you mean before Gotham City Sirens, which I assume Catwoman will be in because it doesn't make sense to not have her in it?
    A stand alone Catwoman movie with Selina Kyle in it this time? Or just a character that shows up in other movies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •