Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Secret Origins, #2

Batman headlines the second big issue of SECRET ORIGINS, which also features The New 52 origins of Aquaman and Starfire!

Full article here.

Batman's parents were murdered!?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post

Oh gees, spoilers man! Don't go just shouting that out!

Quote Originally Posted by fhiz View Post
    batman's parents were murdered!?

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovely Dustin Nguyen artwork

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post

NO WAAAAAY!!!!

I thought that the origins had already been done for "New 52"-- so are they starting over again?

Three origins in one issue? I'd have figured they'd stick to one character per issue, with a full books' worth of pages.

I'm curious as to how long this incarnation of the DC Universe will be referred to as the 'New' 52. We are going on three years now. I'm happy to see a new generation having there own version of DC heroes (assuming it is a new generation of readers that is), however for me it's been a dead for a while. I don't need to re-read yet another telling of the same stories.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Spoiler: His parents get shot.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    You rat bastard! I was so interested in this new, fresh, exciting, and completely original story, and you ruined it!
    Last edited by SpOck; 05-26-2014 at 08:12 AM.
    Formerly Doctor Malekith.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I thought that the origins had already been done for "New 52"-- so are they starting over again?

Three origins in one issue? I'd have figured they'd stick to one character per issue, with a full books' worth of pages.
    It seems that the origins presented in this title are still consistent with those that were done in the zero issues. They're just meant to flush out the origins a bit more and give a little more depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Oh, screw you, man!!! Way to give it all away!

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I'm curious as to how long this incarnation of the DC Universe will be referred to as the 'New' 52. We are going on three years now. I'm happy to see a new generation having there own version of DC heroes (assuming it is a new generation of readers that is), however for me it's been a dead for a while. I don't need to re-read yet another telling of the same stories.
    Probably until they revert back to the previous timeline, which I'm guessing will happen in 1-2 years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    Probably until they revert back to the previous timeline, which I'm guessing will happen in 1-2 years.
    DC has NEVER reverted back to a previous timeline. In ANY of their time-shifts or Crisis. It has never happened. It will not happen.

If you had not noticed, DC is now headed up by corporate heads from WB that came on board AFTER the New 52. This is all they know. This is the DCU to them. They won't go back to something they were never familiar with in the first place.

This is the DC Universe. That's all it is. This is the current era.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    DC will keep using the New 52 branding for years. It is catchy, simple and everyone knows what it means.

Secret Origins is nothing new. Comic companies pump out new origins for their big names stars at least once a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    Did they ever revert to the Golden Age after Superheros became popular again in the late 50's? Did they ever revert to the Silver/Bronze Age after Crisis on Infinite Earths? They will never revert to the Post-Crisis Earth.