Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56
  1. #46
    Spectral Member Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    practicing a bit of composition and pencils using a tablet pen
    Muahahaha. Welcome to the dark side . What tablet did you end up getting (if you dont mind me asking)?

  2. #47
    No Strings on me... ExcelsiorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Guts over Fear
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Muahahaha. Welcome to the dark side . What tablet did you end up getting (if you dont mind me asking)?
    Huion 8'' x 5'' Graphic Drawing Tablet
    “Humans see what they want to see.”
    My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter
    Blog

  3. #48
    No Strings on me... ExcelsiorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Guts over Fear
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 10-02-2014 at 08:51 PM.
    “Humans see what they want to see.”
    My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter
    Blog

  4. #49
    No Strings on me... ExcelsiorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Guts over Fear
    Posts
    2,273

    Default






    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 10-14-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    “Humans see what they want to see.”
    My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter
    Blog

  5. #50
    No Strings on me... ExcelsiorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Guts over Fear
    Posts
    2,273
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 10-28-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    “Humans see what they want to see.”
    My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter
    Blog

  6. #51
    Spectral Member Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Hey man, do you draw your inks out on paper and then scan them in? Or are they done digitally? It looks like there is alot of stepping (not sure what its called) instead of them being smooth lines. If you found a way to rectify this I think it would really improve the comics look overall.
    Last edited by Ghost; 10-30-2014 at 04:04 AM.

  7. #52
    No Strings on me... ExcelsiorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Guts over Fear
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hey man, do you draw your inks out on paper and then scan them in? Or are they done digitally? It looks like there is alot of stepping (not sure what its called) instead of them being smooth lines. If you found a way to rectify this I think it would really improve the comics look overall.
    Yeah. I still have a few pages left using that method--then using the tablet.
    “Humans see what they want to see.”
    My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter
    Blog

  8. #53
    No Strings on me... ExcelsiorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Guts over Fear
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    Hey Ghost--Here is a work in progress using the tablet, Should I be playing with the sharpen/contrast--i think its causing my lines to step?

    Also I am learning how to use the traditional comic book color palette . No Gamut artifacts. So much to learn but getting there. :fingers crossed: Any advice or observations would be appreciated.


    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 11-09-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    “Humans see what they want to see.”
    My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter
    Blog

  9. #54
    Spectral Member Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Hey Ghost--Here is a work in progress using the tablet, Should I be playing with the sharpen/contrast--i think its causing my lines to step?

    Also I am learning how to use the traditional comic book color palette . No Gamut artifacts. So much to learn but getting there. :fingers crossed: Any advice or observations would be appreciated.
    Hey man, I dont think sharpness is the issue. The lines do look noticeably smoother on the page you did with a tablet. Do you know the dpi (dots per inch) setting you are using for these files? I have a hunch that may be it.

    My only observation from your coloring is that your style may benefit from more solid shapes and slightly less airbrushing. War Dogz kindof makes me think of an action animation of sorts, so maybe try a form of cel shading? I did a quick overpaint so you can see what i mean (dont know why it looks so blurry).

    Last edited by Ghost; 11-09-2014 at 10:23 PM.

  10. #55
    No Strings on me... ExcelsiorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Guts over Fear
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hey man, I dont think sharpness is the issue. The lines do look noticeably smoother on the page you did with a tablet. Do you know the dpi (dots per inch) setting you are using for these files? I have a hunch that may be it.

    My only observation from your coloring is that your style may benefit from more solid shapes and slightly less airbrushing. War Dogz kindof makes me think of an action animation of sorts, so maybe try a form of cel shading? I did a quick overpaint so you can see what i mean (dont know why it looks so blurry).

    https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...27&oe=551DD67B
    yeah. that was what I was going for.a simple comic book animation style.

    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 11-11-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    “Humans see what they want to see.”
    My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter
    Blog

  11. #56
    No Strings on me... ExcelsiorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Guts over Fear
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    “Humans see what they want to see.”
    My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter
    Blog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •