Page 325 of 325 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325
Results 4,861 to 4,872 of 4872
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Inhumanity is change
    I think I'm more sad that Thorne won't have input on the character anymore, mosaic's been around five whole minutes and there was already damage control required for Mosaic cuz writers in IVX can't read a damn book to understand his powers.

Story comes first with almost every writer nothing to be surprised here, look how every writer defines and reuses just one of BB's powers like he has nothing else to fall back on. Fit the story not the character's power set
    "Mother! I would speak to thee of visions. Visions of cosmic war at the dawn of time!"

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Story comes first with almost every writer nothing to be surprised here, look how every writer defines and reuses just one of BB's powers like he has nothing else to fall back on. Fit the story not the character's power set
    That's kind of the problem tho, if you can't tell a story with the accuracies of the character then what kind of hack writer are you?

Just makes me think of Marvel's agenda against Spider-man marriage all over again "we can't tell these stories cuz theyre married and that totes affects our ability as writers"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I think I'm more sad that Thorne won't have input on the character anymore, mosaic's been around five whole minutes and there was already damage control required for Mosaic cuz writers in IVX can't read a damn book to understand his powers.
    Yeah I mean... it isn't like Mosaics back history was huge.

It was what... 3 issues by then? 4?

Or you know... shoot the writer a damn text or email ya know?

I don't think editors really do anything anymore....
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

We didn't get a complete rundown but in the podcast Thorne did say they told him they were using Mosaic in AvX. He was apparently happy with it partly because he doesn't like magneto. Soule actually mention on twitter that he isn't a big continuity guy so that could explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    We didn't get a complete rundown but in the podcast Thorne did say they told him they were using Mosaic in AvX. He was apparently happy with it partly because he doesn't like magneto. Soule actually mention on twitter that he isn't a big continuity guy so that could explain it.
    getting someones powers right isn't continuity. especially when the character is 4 issues old. That is not trying or not caring.

to me, an outsider who knows nothing about it, it screams, "meh. Im Charles Soule and I am writing IvX and I don't give a flying hoot about what some new writer is doing. im gonna do what I want. "

aka The Bendis.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    getting someones powers right isn't continuity. especially when the character is 4 issues old. That is not trying or not caring.
    Probably not caring, writer wants things to go a certain way for the plot and ignore things that would hinder it. I don't know how far ahead IvX was planned, but 6 event size chapters written for a bi-weekly release instead of monthly sounds like it may have been rushed together. The art sure did look that way, far below Yu and Javier's usual stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

to me, an outsider who knows nothing about it, it screams, "meh. Im Charles Soule and I am writing IvX and I don't give a flying hoot about what some new writer is doing. im gonna do what I want. "

aka The Bendis.
    When they wrote IvX it was probably 1 issue old.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    That's kind of the problem tho, if you can't tell a story with the accuracies of the character then what kind of hack writer are you?

Just makes me think of Marvel's agenda against Spider-man marriage all over again "we can't tell these stories cuz theyre married and that totes affects our ability as writers"
    And the worst of that is the only Superior Spider-man, that happened several years after OMD, is the only thing couldnt have been told with a married Spidey.
    "Gorr was right".

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And the worst of that is the only Superior Spider-man, that happened several years after OMD, is the only thing couldnt have been told with a married Spidey.
    That's fair, but arguably they still could have done it and used Ock's lack of interest in Mary Jane to have ended their marriage without the faustian bullshit.

So, as a build up to the Inhumans, I'm doing what I do with most Marvel shows and movies, which is to read a bunch of comics. The biggest difference is I've read many of these stories before. I've decided to start it this early so I can pace it. It's going to be the early stuff - the initial Fantastic Four appearances until just before By Right of Birth (but including the Untold Saga backup story).

Something I noticed reading FF issues 44-48 - they had no idea where the hell they were going. Obviously, Medusa was a pretty big retcon from her original Frightful Four stories. But even her interactions with Gorgon (where he's extremely rude to her) feels wrong from a modern perspective. It also goes from the Seeker hunting Inhumans (where he has to do a DNA test to find out if Dragon Man is an Inhuman) to just bringing them back for Maximus. Maximus implied that he "accidentally" caused Black Bolt to lose his ability to speak, which is why he gave up his crown (later issues would also have Black Bolt scream in pain a few issues before he uses his voice for the first time). Even the location of Attilan was described as being in the Andes.

One of my favorite moments is when Black Bolt grabs the crown from Maximus. All the Inhumans proclaim him King again for various nonsensical reasons, but my favorite is "By Right of Fair Accompli." Essentially, he's King by right of having just grabbed the crown and saying he's King again.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

Something I noticed reading FF issues 44-48 - they had no idea where the hell they were going.
    Recently read these issues as well and you're 100% correct. Lots of major and minor inconsistencies just from issue to issue.