Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "X-Men: Days of Future Past" Finishes Four-Day Weekend With $302 Million Global Haul

Director Bryan Singer's film scored the best worldwide debut of any installment of the Fox franchise.

Full article here.

In four days. Pretty impressive for an X-Movie.

Not that it matters, but it's less than X-3 did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsabretooth View Post
    Not that it matters, but it's less than X-3 did.
    Important thing now is how it does in second week. X-3 had rather big drops after its opening weekend.

Edit: DoFP also almost caught up with its foreign box office in one weekend. 191mil in one weekend vs 224mil in total.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Important thing now is how it does in second week. X-3 had rather big drops after its opening weekend.
    This. If it can still maintain it's momentum then it's an improvement over X-3

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    This. If it can still maintain it's momentum then it's an improvement over X-3
    Oh, it's already a vast improvement over X-3. Which is why I'm so surprised it didn't do as well as X-3 did it's first weekend. Also because I thought First Class leading into this was far better than the first two X-movies which led into X-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsabretooth View Post
    Oh, it's already a vast improvement over X-3. Which is why I'm so surprised it didn't do as well as X-3 did it's first weekend. Also because I thought First Class leading into this was far better than the first two X-movies which led into X-3.
    I think what X-3 had going for it was that
    1. It was allegedly the final film of the X-Series
    2. Nobody was aware of how bad the movie was going to be at the time
    3. It came off of the vastly popular X-1 & X-2 films

It's like the SW prequels. Nobody at the time was fully aware how bad they were but once they really take a look at the films then they start to see the ugly side of it.

DOFP appears to be trying to atone for the awfulness of Last Stand and you have some that are hesitant in going to see it due to the bad memories of Last Stand. I was even cautious towards it till I heard some good word of the mouth relating to this movie.

It was the best of the film series in my opinion and I am glad that this movie succeeded and I looking forward to the next one. This movie revived the X-Men movies.

A DOFP X-Men movie without Lorna and having Wolverine take the lead is just not authentic enough for me. Sorry. jennifer Lawrence would have been much better off playing Lorna than Mystique. I have no idea why people find, what amounts to a naked blue suit, sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    A DOFP X-Men movie without Lorna and having Wolverine take the lead is just not authentic enough for me. Sorry. jennifer Lawrence would have been much better off playing Lorna than Mystique. I have no idea why people find, what amounts to a naked blue suit, sexy.
    if you're looking for authenticity then why in the world would you be asking for Lorna to be in the DOFP film when she wasn't in the DOFP comic?

Is Fox one of the few studios that releases their films everywhere at the same time? I mean with the exception of major Asian territories (China, Japan, South Korea and Vietnam).

I know ASM2 and TWS were both spread out over territories.

I do think the film will hit $600 million. Not quite sure it will get the chance to make $700 million though.

This was a great movie and well-deserving of any and all box-office dollars it gets. When this movie comes out on blu-ray, I will have to get it and the first X-Men to complete the X-Men quadrilogy. That's right. There's only the X-Men quadrilogy! (First Class, X-Men, X2 and Days of Future Past)
    Previously: Deep_Sleeper. Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    This was a great movie and well-deserving of any and all box-office dollars it gets. When this movie comes out on blu-ray, I will have to get it and the first X-Men to complete the X-Men quadrilogy. That's right. There's only the X-Men quadrilogy! (First Class, X-Men, X2 and Days of Future Past)
    With ya on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    With ya on that.
    The Wolverine is fine, not amazing but certainly considerably better than those two other films which can remain nameless.

Cool news. I haven't been the biggest fan of the X-Men films, but DOFP is the best yet and I think the "First Class" cast injected some much-needed life into the franchise.