Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1312

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I would agree it's the only good movie of the three, but I really enjoy the Batman/Catwoman parts of Rises. It's really silly, and the nuke at the end makes me so mad, but that's the Batman with another themed character fighting side by side I wanted so desperately.
    This. The Bat and the Cat fighting alongside one another makes the movie.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    This. The Bat and the Cat fighting alongside one another makes the movie.
    Aw, yeah.

Another controversial Batfamily opinion (at least, from what I can tell) - I really liked the art during the early 2000s before Jim Lee and Hush shifted things - Shawn Martinborough, Scott McDaniel, Trevor McCarthy, Steve Lieber, Damion Scott, Rick Burchett - it was cartoony, but I love clean lines and appealing designs, and it all meshed well while still having unique artistic qualities.
    Last edited by millernumber1; 07-08-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

I loved Zero Year and I like that it is Batman's current origin story.
    Marvel: All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, All-New Wolverine, Amazing Spider-Man, Darth Vader, Star Wars, Unbelievable Gwenpool, X-Men: Gold.

DC: Aquaman, Batman, Detective Comics, Flash, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Trinity.

"Iron Man, Iron Man, Does whatever an iron can; presses pants really fine, keeps those pleats right in line. Hey there, there goes the Iron Man!"

Helena Wayne > Damian Wayne

::ducks for cover::

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Helena Wayne > Damian Wayne

::ducks for cover::
    No need to duck for cover it's a controversial opinions thread after all.

Spectacular Member

There are various artist that I enjoyed on Batman / Detective that it seems many don't have a real fondness for:

Don Newton
    Scott McDaniel
    Kelley Jones
    Jim Aparo ( I guess folks don't appreciate the over expressive co)
    Gene Colan

I also wish that back in the day we could have had a Man-Bat series with Gene Colan doing the artwork. I would say it should be written by Marv Wolfman but I think there would have been too many unfair comparisons to Tomb Of Dracula.

Spectacular Member

(((Plus, Gotham Central is fantastic, but unless a book/story made today addressed how most American cops are horrid, and all the reasons why, I wouldn't be able to enjoy any storyline where cops are portrayed as "heroes" or "the good guys.")))

How small minded are you? The THOUSANDS of good law enforcement officers that are out there risking their lives day and night FAR outnumber the bad officers. I don't know what world you live in but I live in a world where the good officers far outnumber the bad. I'm not defending the bad, not at all. But I will stand up for the good all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post

How small minded are you? The THOUSANDS of good law enforcement officers that are out there risking their lives day and night FAR outnumber the bad officers. I don't know what world you live in but I live in a world where the good officers far outnumber the bad. I'm not defending the bad, not at all. But I will stand up for the good all day long.
    The number of cops who murder innocent people and get away with it are not the majority, no. But who are the majority are the cops who stand by their fellow officers who've committed monstrous acts, and who continue to enforce unjust laws.

The cops I have the most respect for are the ones who, during the Dakota Access Pipeline protests, chose to resign instead of continue to partake in the atrocities the authorities were committing.

I only brought up what I did as it related to comics. Let's not make a whole political debate out of this.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    ....and who continue to enforce unjust laws.
    it's not their job to decide what laws to enforce or not. Their job is to enforce the laws On the books and keep people safe.

And, FYI, you made it a whole big police thing with your broad, sweeping generalizations that can't be supported by facts.

it's not their job to decide what laws to enforce or not. Their job is to enforce the laws On the books and keep people safe.
    I don't make the rules. I just enforce them. Blindly and without question. Would you excuse the actions of the members any other oppressive force because they were "Just following orders?"

And, FYI, you made it a whole big police thing with your broad, sweeping generalizations that can't be supported by facts.
    Exactly what generalizations did I make, and what did I say that can't be supported by facts?

I also can't help but notice you'd didn't refute my other arguments.

If you'd like to continue this conversation, even though it seems pretty clear neither of us is going to convince the other of anything, PM me. We don't need to derail the thread.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Bruce and Helena(Bertinelli) should have given it a go pre-flashpoint.

I like that idea ^.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    I like that idea ^.
    ^I like you.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

It be nice to see some influence from Lego Batman movie on future writers and issues. For me the movie was a tad too long and some scenes were too busy but seeing thousands of ideas compressed in one small movie was pretty much awesome. It wouldn't hurt Bruce's character too much writing him like a thrillseeker who enjoys what he does once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    It wouldn't hurt Bruce's character too much writing him like a thrillseeker who enjoys what he does once in a while.
    That's one element from The Dark Knight Returns which never seemed to make it back to regular continuity.