Page 256 of 328 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4913
  1. #3826
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Now I'm curious if Sony will attempt a movie-tie in game. I absolutely loath movie-tie games but I would really be torn if one would star Miles.
    Perhaps the new PS4 game will suffice? (Assuming you get to play Miles for a bit there)

  2. #3827
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    30,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Perhaps the new PS4 game will suffice? (Assuming you get to play Miles for a bit there)
    Yeah, I expect the PS4 game will be the only Spider-Man game we get for a while.

    We really don't see that many movie tie-in games anymore, at least that I've seen.

  3. #3828
    Incredible Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    We'll be getting our first look at the movie in two days at Brazil Comic-Con.
    https://twitter.com/SonyPictures/sta...70086222950401
    According to this Collider Article the Sony panel for CCXP17 (Where the Spider-man movie preview will be shown.) will be at 4-6pm Brazil time. So that's AROUND 1-3pm EST & 10AM-12PM PST FOR THE U.S.

  4. #3829
    Incredible Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Well in theory Miles could use camo+venom shock +webs to sneak attack people from distance or set up invisible traps.
    I'm always up for seeing Miles using the stealth option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    According to this Collider Article the Sony panel for CCXP17 (Where the Spider-man movie preview will be shown.) will be at 4-6pm Brazil time. So that's AROUND 1-3pm EST & 10AM-12PM PST FOR THE U.S.
    I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open.

  5. #3830
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I think one of the main components Miles' new powers can serve is as a replacement for his web shooters.
    I honestly donít get why he needed to get rid of Milesí web shooters and then rip off Julia Carpenterís webs in the first place. This whole plot line of Spider-Man being just Peterís thing and Miles going for his own thing just feels forced especially in a universe where there are numerous doubles of heroes between original and legacy. On top of that, Miles has been one of the most successful legacy characters for this day of Marvel so why try fixing what isnít broken?

  6. #3831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I honestly don’t get why he needed to get rid of Miles’ web shooters and then rip off Julia Carpenter’s webs in the first place. This whole plot line of Spider-Man being just Peter’s thing and Miles going for his own thing just feels forced especially in a universe where there are numerous doubles of heroes between original and legacy. On top of that, Miles has been one of the most successful legacy characters for this day of Marvel so why try fixing what isn’t broken?
    I think that's my problem with this book recently. Why is Miles the only one that needs to go on this journey and have radical changes? It feels like Bendis isn't writing Miles for Miles fans anymore and instead trying to appease people who don't like him being Spider-Man.

  7. #3832
    Incredible Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I honestly don’t get why he needed to get rid of Miles’ web shooters and then rip off Julia Carpenter’s webs in the first place. This whole plot line of Spider-Man being just Peter’s thing and Miles going for his own thing just feels forced especially in a universe where there are numerous doubles of heroes between original and legacy. On top of that, Miles has been one of the most successful legacy characters for this day of Marvel so why try fixing what isn’t broken?
    Every hero need to go on a "hero's journey" sooner or later so I think its less of trying to fix him and more of making an attempt to define him more as his own Spider-Person in general. Remember what Ganke said in the issue that Miles is going through "super-hero" puberty? It makes sense since he's still young both on a meta level and in-universe as well. "New" doesn't always equal "bad" for a character so I kin of like were Bendis is going with this whole Bio-electric webbing power and look forward to seeing how Miles experiments with it. It could also mean he'll rely less on the venom blast in the future and get more creative in fights like he mentioned he needed to do after seeing how Spider-Gwen fought in the "Sitting In The Tree" crossover. This all could lead him to becoming even more of a bad@$$ Spider-Man than he already is.

    If I remember right, Julia's webbing was psionic based, while Miles' is Bio-Electric based, so there might be some startling differences in how these powers perform. Its still too soon to tell for certain though. Hey maybe Miles will get new web-shooters specifically designed to help him focus and channel his Bio-Electric webbing. And he could even wear them on the outside of his costume like he did back in his early Ultimate Universe days, when Ultimate Aunt May gifted Ultimate Peter Parkers web shooters and formula to him.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 12-07-2017 at 02:51 PM.

  8. #3833
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I honestly don’t get why he needed to get rid of Miles’ web shooters and then rip off Julia Carpenter’s webs in the first place. This whole plot line of Spider-Man being just Peter’s thing and Miles going for his own thing just feels forced especially in a universe where there are numerous doubles of heroes between original and legacy. On top of that, Miles has been one of the most successful legacy characters for this day of Marvel so why try fixing what isn’t broken?
    I really don't get the feeling that Miles is gonna stop being Spider-Man.

  9. #3834
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    30,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I really don't get the feeling that Miles is gonna stop being Spider-Man.
    When they're pushing Gwen as "Ghost Spider" I'm seriously wondering if they're going to try and come up with another codename for Miles.

  10. #3835
    Incredible Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When they're pushing Gwen as "Ghost Spider" I'm seriously wondering if they're going to try and come up with another codename for Miles.
    And they gave her Gwenpool's pink hair highlights too. Kind of some weird choices to me. You think she'll go by "Ghost-Spider" in the Spider-Man cartoon? Still not sure how I feel on that name; would really like to now the creative reason behind it and not just going with, Spider-Woman.

  11. #3836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When they're pushing Gwen as "Ghost Spider" I'm seriously wondering if they're going to try and come up with another codename for Miles.
    so is "spider-boy" still co-owned by DC? (a bad move, in retrospect).

  12. #3837
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When they're pushing Gwen as "Ghost Spider" I'm seriously wondering if they're going to try and come up with another codename for Miles.
    Like a said with Gwen. That would ruin merch sales. Like Miles is getting a animated movie. Given him a new name name at this point would just confuse the brand.

  13. #3838
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    30,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    And they gave her Gwenpool's pink hair highlights too. Kind of some weird choices to me. You think she'll go by "Ghost-Spider" in the Spider-Man cartoon? Still not sure how I feel on that name; would really like to now the creative reason behind it and not just going with, Spider-Woman.
    The only reason I could think of is because they want another character associated with the Spider-Woman codename, but I don't see them giving Jessica Drew or Julia Carpenter big pushes anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Like a said with Gwen. That would ruin merch sales. Like Miles is getting a animated movie. Given him a new name name at this point would just confuse the brand.
    I get that, it's just with the way things are going I'm wondering if Marvel is going try and come up with a way for Miles to still have a codename in media without him getting a degrading codename like "Kid-Arachnid" or just being "Miles" or the "other Spider-Man" whenever he's in something with Peter.

  14. #3839
    Mighty Member kurenai24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Essex, MD
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It wasn't mentioned yesterday, but I'm glad Ganke was going to tell Miles about Danika. He didn't get the chance to but he made the attempt which shows he wasn't just putting it off. This does still mean that Miles could just end up finding out about it on his own. Do you all think he'll get the chance to tell Miles or will it just be a caught in the act type deal?

    For the new powers Unspeakable brought up an idea I really like but what's everyone else's ideas on how it could be used?
    You know the trope, Miles will find out by catching Ganke in the act and all hell will break lose.

    As for Miles new ability, his venom blast can travel across spidey web so it seems redundant but he doesn't have his web shooters so I guess this is the next best option, in this way at least he will never have to be close to his oppenent and it will help with this whole undercover storyline.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    We'll be getting our first look at the movie in two days at Brazil Comic-Con.
    https://twitter.com/SonyPictures/sta...70086222950401
    This is great and all but will we still be able to view it, like I know Chris Miller tweeted out the image with a number but a lot of clips or teasers are released in other countries that we don't get to see and if we do get to see it, it's a shorter version or something.

    I guess I'll believe we'll get something of substance.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-07-2017 at 11:43 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

    ~~

    Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.


    ~~

    Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

  15. #3840
    Incredible Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    You know the trope, Miles will find out by catching Ganke in the act and all hell will break lose.

    As for Miles new ability, his venom blast can travel across spidey web so it seems redundant but he doesn't have his web shooters so I guess this is the next best option, in this way at least he will never have to be close to his oppenent and it will help with this whole undercover storyline.



    This is great and all but will we still be able to view it, like I know Mark Miller tweeted out the image with a number but a lot of clips or teasers are released in other countries that we don't get to see and if we do get to see it, it's a shorter version or something.

    I guess I'll believe we'll get something of substance.
    Yeah, that's probably what'll go down, but I do feel better that Ganke wasn't trying to keep the relationship secret for as long as possible.

    I feel like if we'll definitely get at least something directly from Lord or Miller on their Twitters, it's in their best interests that they start the hype train asap.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •