Page 206 of 211 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3158

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I hope this mission in Tokyo lets Miles use some of the skills he got while training in the Red Room, that'd be a nice bit of continuity and give Miles a chance to show off his stealth and hand-to-hand skills.
    Bendis did say that Miles will be showing off the Drunken-Fu that Aaron taught him.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Oh....and don't forget about Preview Pages for CHAMPIONS #12.

I admit I lol'd at Cyclops' Halloween costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cho's probably the only member of the team that's really wealthy so on-top of the tech and transportation I'm betting he pays for everything else.
    Probably the case, yeah.

Makes me wonder how they'll carry on if events in his solo (he's going to be off-world) force him off the team.

I hope this mission in Tokyo lets Miles use some of the skills he got while training in the Red Room, that'd be a nice bit of continuity and give Miles a chance to show off his stealth and hand-to-hand skills.
    Good point, is the book now set after Secret Empire?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-03-2017 at 06:19 AM.

So today's issue was pretty light, but enjoyable. I imagine Project37 will end up having a laugh on the UltimateSpin Podcast because Bendis does the "How we got here" story framework again.

Though in this case, I think it works better since this is only going to be a two-issue story.

spoilers:
    Miles finds himself at some type of Formal Affair at Tokyo. Ganke is the only person who knows where Miles has disappeared to and when Miles starts receiving texts from Lana asking why he is in Tokyo, it becomes apparent that Ganke let it slip to her. Miles ends up coming face to face with the person throwing the invite, Tomoe, who is curious over why he decided to come to Japan.

The scene cuts to two weeks prior, where Miles is venting to Gank about everything that has been happening in his life. His parents' separation, Civil War II, the fight with Hammerhead, Fabio ghosting on them, Lana's sudden infatuation, Secret Empire. Miles doesn't want to deal with that anymore, and he's seriously considering ditching his civilian side of his life and just becoming a hero full-time. While Ganke is skeptical, he decides to support Miles and cover for him. Miles decides he wants to fight crime in Japan. We then get a really neat montage of how Miles managed to hitch hike around the world.

Now in Tokyo, Miles is still in communication with Ganke but then he walks upon some gang members (wearing what looks like Goblin Masks) mugging some women. Miles contemplates whether or not he actually needs to wear his costume, but decides to confront them as is since no one will recognize him anyway. Miles manages to beat most of them up , but still finds himself almost getting shot. Tomoe arrives on the scene however and prevents him from being shot. She is the leader of the gang, and apparently has some type of magnetic ability and manages to yank the gun away.

She ends up shooting the mook and invites Miles to the event that took place at the start of the issue.
    end of spoilers

So pretty solid issue. At first I was wondering why it was Tokyo of all places Miles decided to run off to, but the more I thought about it, it makes sense. He's a teenager who was raised on martial arts films. It's only natural that a kid going through a "no one understands me" phase of their life would run away to a place like Japan, because they think it'd be cool.

For those who don't recognize Tomoe, she was actually an inhuman character that Bendis created over in Invincible Iron-Man before Civil War II went down. She's a technopath and a crime boss.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yeah the issue definitely was light, but I liked it a lot. Kinda makes me want a future arc were Miles goes on a bit of a global super-hero road trip. Maybe do a spidey team up with others heroes from around the world while he's at it. I also really liked Ganke's commentary while the whole street fight was going on. Just couldn't stop grinning.

I enjoyed it a lot, and it was a really fun read. It also makes sense that Miles would want to get away with all the stuff that's been going on with his life.
    spoilers:
    Miles' thoughts on going full time hero were interesting, and in theory it would make his life more manageable.
    I remember Bendis mentioning in an interview about the avatars for the texts that Leon came up with and I liked them they were a really nice touch Ganke's being a lego head with his hair was just so fitting.
    I'm wondering what Miles' role in this will be, Tomoe wants to use him for something but we'll only know what next issues.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

I enjoyed it a lot, and it was a really fun read. It also makes sense that Miles would want to get away with all the stuff that's been going on with his life.
    spoilers:
    Miles' thoughts on going full time hero were interesting, and in theory it would make his life more manageable.
    I remember Bendis mentioning in an interview about the avatars for the texts that Leon came up with and I liked them they were a really nice touch Ganke's being a lego head with his hair was just so fitting.
    I'm wondering what Miles' role in this will be, Tomoe wants to use him for something but we'll only know what next issues.
    end of spoilers
    This Miles is different from the one in the 2017 toon. The comic version is full of self doubt while the cartoon version is over enthusiastic.

Ultimate Member

To be fair, the cartoon version doesn't have his powers yet, and a lot of this doubt comes from balancing his hero and civilian lives.

Just started reading the issue and i am glad miles is in tokyo.... cough cough Surge is from there

Astonishing Member

As others have said, this issue was light on incident but yet I really loved it. So cool to see Miles in Tokyo - it was cool when he realized he didn't have to change into costume to handle the street thugs - and the set-up for the rest of the story is intriguing. This book has really been on a role lately. I love where it's going - mostly because I can't predict where it's going!

It just occurred to me,where exactly did Miles get the money had? We've never seen any mention of a job, it could just be money that he saved up though.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    Just started reading the issue and i am glad miles is in tokyo.... cough cough Surge is from there
    Hmm, that would be a fun meeting. Miles has his own bioelectric powers (the fabled "Venom Sting") and Surge has her electrical powers that she uses to intermittently amplify her speed, likely by accelerating her synapses since brain impulses are technically electromagnetic. Maybe she could teach him a thing or two about the potential applications of his bioelectric powers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Marvel's Spider-Man | Miles Morales Character Profile

It just occurred to me,where exactly did Miles get the money had? We've never seen any mention of a job, it could just be money that he saved up though.
    I assume he's a good saver.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Marvel's Spider-Man | Miles Morales Character Profile
    Does anyone else get the feeling this implies that Miles gets the symbiote? I watched the other spotlights they had and none of the other even bring it up, but his is a little sinister.