Page 207 of 245 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3663
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Yeah the issue definitely was light, but I liked it a lot. Kinda makes me want a future arc were Miles goes on a bit of a global super-hero road trip. Maybe do a spidey team up with others heroes from around the world while he's at it. I also really liked Ganke's commentary while the whole street fight was going on. Just couldn't stop grinning.
    I love this idea. Bendis could have him take a gap year to backpack across the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling this implies that Miles gets the symbiote? I watched the other spotlights they had and none of the other even bring it up, but his is a little sinister.
    I had the same feeling too, but it might just be for an episode I don't think they are going to make him Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Marvel's Spider-Man | Miles Morales Character Profile
    I get these kids are super-smart, but I'm still not sure how wise it is to be giving them such access to the new, mysterious, alien substance you've only recently gotten a hold of .
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I had the same feeling too, but it might just be for an episode I don't think they are going to make him Venom.
    You can see Race Bannon AKA Flash in the Miles video. I wouldn't be surprised if they make Flash Venom so they can then just develop him into Agent Venom rather then go through the trouble of establishing multiple Symbiote hosts.

Plus it's probably not a coincidence that he's voiced by a former Venom VA (Ben Diskin).

I almost had a mini heart attack when I saw the first couple of pages of this issue, it felt like I was finally getting the Miles Morales the James Bond addition which I think his abilities are amazingly suited for.

It was also surprising to see spoilers:
    Tomoe the techno golden
    end of spoilers considering she's a spoilers:
    new villain for Tony and Riri,
    end of spoilers but hey I don't mind this.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Does anyone else get the feeling this implies that Miles gets the symbiote? I watched the other spotlights they had and none of the other even bring it up, but his is a little sinister.
    If it prevents him from being referred to as arachnic kid or whatever, I'll take it tbh.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I almost had a mini heart attack when I saw the first couple of pages of this issue, it felt like I was finally getting the Miles Morales the James Bond addition which I think his abilities are amazingly suited for.

It was also surprising to see spoilers:
    Tomoe the techno golden
    end of spoilers considering she's a spoilers:
    new villain for Tony and Riri,
    end of spoilers but hey I don't mind this.
    It's pretty cool how Bendis has all the characters he's writing be semi connected, it's a nice little addition. I also think Miles doing some spy work would also be really cool and fitting for his skills, especially after the Red Room stuff during Secret Empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuernai24
    If it prevents him from being referred to as arachnic kid or whatever, I'll take it tbh.
    Yeah, it'd be a little odd,but it's better than the alternative. Miles getting the symbiote would also explain why on all the merchandise so far it's just been his name on it and not a hero id while everyone else is listed by their id.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 09-06-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Ultimate Member

His merch says Miles Morales because, like in the comics, he's going to be called Spider-Man, the same name as Peter of course. There's an upcoming episode called Ultimate Spider-Man, that's when he'll get his powers.

Ultimate Member

Maybe they take turns! Anya's costume is actually based on Venom's, since in the comics, she inherited it from Julia Carpenter, whose costume the black suit and Venom's design was based on.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So today's issue was pretty light, but enjoyable. I imagine Project37 will end up having a laugh on the UltimateSpin Podcast because Bendis does the "How we got here" story framework again.
    Ha! You know me so well. ;-) That said, this issue was a wonderful surprise! It's really interesting to see Miles pushed into this new direction. Also appreciate seeing the "BendisVerse" come together as it did here. Nico Leon's take on Miles 007 was a great blend of cool/collected with a comedic flair when necessary. So, so good. I like plot gear shifts when they don't involve linewide crossovers, so I'm all in for seeing where things go next for Miles in Japan.

Our podcast is about trying to connect with fellow Miles (and Gwen) fans. Even though we have decent listener numbers for a niche topic, we don't get a lot of feedback on the issues (maybe people don't always read the day they come out). If anyone is ever interested in sharing comments with us (and we'll read them and respond on the show), you can always reach us via the different means on our site. :-)
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators, including BENDIS!

I like how the issue ends just as the Tokyo PD are about to jump on Miles, with him totally oblivious to it .

Assuming everyone here has them, but Miles is part of the current Generations sale at Comixology:

https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Ge...ale/page/16169
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators, including BENDIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Oh gosh, he's not the new Iron Spider, is he...?
    Could be. But let's hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like how the issue ends just as the Tokyo PD are about to jump on Miles, with him totally oblivious to it .
    Plus they are all yelling at him, anime style. Hilarious commentary there. Anime has ruined yelling!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I really dug the new issue, It was my favorite in a while. Bendis has been doing a good job on this generally since Civil War II ended.
    We need better comics

How great is Nico Leon? The tiny Miles silhouette against the Tokyo backdrop makes for a stunning image - it's almost lost in the panel design.

5c882e28cb1cb02626f10d5672d4fbc3._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

We talk about this and more in our new episode about issue 20. Check it out at the link in my signature (and let us know what you think!).

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    How great is Nico Leon? The tiny Miles silhouette against the Tokyo backdrop makes for a stunning image - it's almost lost in the panel design.

5c882e28cb1cb02626f10d5672d4fbc3._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

We talk about this and more in our new episode about issue 20. Check it out at the link in my signature (and let us know what you think!).
    Damn, how old is Miles now? He looks like a grown man here.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!