Page 177 of 245 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3663

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    Miles will only be the future when they finally let peter marry MJ and actually have a daughter to raise
    Or they stop pushing Peter as Spider-Man.

The animated movie is probably the only major piece of upcoming media (unless we're counting the novel) where Miles will be the definitive lead and not a co-star or supporting character in something with Peter as the main character.

The same would probably be true if he's introduced in the MCU early (as in the next Spider-Man movie early).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or they stop pushing Peter as Spider-Man.

The animated movie is probably the only major piece of upcoming media (unless we're counting the novel) where Miles will be the definitive lead and not a co-star or supporting character in something with Peter as the main character.

The same would probably be true if he's introduced in the MCU early (as in the next Spider-Man movie early).
    Peter will never not be Spider-man we all know that... but what need to happen is they need to let him get married again... but knowing marvel they will take years before they even let them date again... only way i can see miles become the prime spider-man is only when peter hangs it up to raise his family

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    He looks like he could've been a live action Miles too
    Just about to say the same, actually.

Random panels from vol 2 line some of the walls of the Disney Music Emporium

I'm interested in seeing how they would tackle peter and miles both being spiderman around the same time as well as them being the same age.

It will certainly be interesting to see Peter interact with two characters he's mentored even though they'll all be starting out at around the same time.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 07-16-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It will certainly be interesting to see Peter interact with two characters he's mentored even though they'll all be starting out at around the same time.
    Makes me wonder how Pete will come off about it, since pretty much all of the Spider-Man shows that depict him being relatively new never actually starts when he does. By the first episode, Peter's already been Spider-Man for varying but appreciable lengths of time. With that said, even if he's only been at it for 6 months to a year by the point Miles and the rest gain their powers, they still might have him try to "mentor" the others, even if it might potentially come off as weird and/or forward of Peter to do so.

Mighty Member

So I'm starting to wonder. Do you think that Marvel put in the Miles and Aaron easter egg in homecoming because they knew that Spider Man Homecoming wouldn't have the legs they were looking for? Forbes put out an idea on how Marvel really needs new blood fast and I'm thinking Sony's animated movie is possibly a prequel to determine how fast they may bring Miles into the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    So I'm starting to wonder. Do you think that Marvel put in the Miles and Aaron easter egg in homecoming because they knew that Spider Man Homecoming wouldn't have the legs they were looking for? Forbes put out an idea on how Marvel really needs new blood fast and I'm thinking Sony's animated movie is possibly a prequel to determine how fast they may bring Miles into the MCU.
    I think miles might be apart of the sony/marvel spidey deal so when pete goes he would too. So him being backup wouldnt really matter at that point so maybe marvel just did it as an easter egg?

It is a bit suspicious, considering Sony owns the movie rights to both that they would do another movie about a character with similar concepts. The only reason I can think of is that they're trying to raise Miles' profile, which I certainly appreciate.

I could understand their apprehension on Homecoming's sales, I know it's Spider-Man but it's still the sixth one in 15 years. Non-comic reading audiences would definitely give pause to giving the franchise another chance. Not to mention the superhero movie craze won't last forever so they need some way to prolong it.

Also Aaron mentioning his nephew wasn't the only egg, Miles' mask shows up during the end credits as well.

Mighty Member

And that's why I started pondering. I mean we're talking about Sony, Disney and Marvel, 3 of the biggest multimedia properties out there. With all of that backing, I'm positive that the people in back who calculate numbers on how well movies would do knew that Spider Man Homecoming wouldn't last long in terms of sales. I mean the comments were everywhere, they weren't sure how they could handle another Spider Man trilogy especially if it was a origin telling. Now compare that to wonder woman, who while started out not as high in terms of opening has had the lowest dropoff in comic book movies in a long time, and I begin to wonder that the easter eggs were in place to provide some new blood for the next spider man movie. Essentially, I believe the sales were going to determine how fast we would see Miles. If Homecoming did like Avengers numbers, then they would know that Miles wouldn't be necessary right away. But Homecoming appears to be in the same sales area as the amazing spider man series, which for Marvel/Disney isn't good.

So I'm thinking, IF Sony's Miles Morales movie does Wonder Woman well in the box office, we will probably see Miles in the next Peter Parker movie, as a co star spider man.

Ultimate Member

Wait, his mask appeared? Could Homecoming's sequel be SPIDER-MEN?

Here's the solicit for Spider-Man #21

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w)
    NICO LEON (a)
    Cover by PATRICK BROWN
    • Miles Morales has always had difficulty balancing his duties as Spider-Man with his studies at school, but his personal life is starting to suffer now, too!
    • Between Ganke, Goldballs, Bombshell, and his mother and father, Miles is being pulled in a million directions at once…and he’s starting to come apart at the seams.

And here's Spider-Men II #4

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W)
    SARA PICHELLI (A/C)
    Connecting Variant Cover by JESUS SAIZ
    • Miles vs. Miles!
    • The chaos of the moment is threatening to tear Peter’s life apart. Can he possibly allow Miles to continue on as Spider-Man?!
    • Does Peter even have a choice anymore?

It looks like October is going to be a very stressful month.

Fantastic Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

"Threatening to tear Peter's life apart"
    You'd think it would have more of an impact on the other Spider-Man.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's the solicit for Spider-Man #21

Oh snap! Sam Alexander is in something! (Even if it's just the cover. T_T)

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    "Threatening to tear Peter's life apart"
    You'd think it would have more of an impact on the other Spider-Man.
    Same... Especially since it's Miles in the choke hold.