Page 129 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3943
  1. #1921
    Spectacular Member Project37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    His venom sting is fine tho, he does as much flips and hits as Peter or any other Spider person before he uses it, and if he doesn't he winds up using the venom sting multiple times on an opponent which shows how little power it can possess, him not using it (which is the version you get in Champions) makes him interchangeable as a spider person, I'm really not getting the constant complaining; you take away his venom sting and he does the same thing all spider people do in their fights, its just with Miles that venom sting is his finishing move. Bendis shouldn't decrease Miles abilities or weaken them just b/c some people think it's to much ...especially when 3 previous villains of Miles already showed just what kind of enemies need to be created for Miles rogue gallery and be good adversaries so the grumbling about Miles ~supah dupah powah~ can die completely.

    His venom blast/bomb is also fine, he's suppose to be weakened after using it according to Bendis, but the 2 times they were used, the issues were rushed for events. Since the Spider-Men story is being planned so far ahead, this will be the first time we will truly see what happens after Miles uses that ability, is he so weakened that he can't walk or maybe he just can't use his venom abilities for a time period, until it's shown completely I'm neutral on Miles not so newest ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I"m surprised that a miles podcast owner would say this. As the examples of numerous people have stated, it's no different than Wolverine's claws or Thor's lightning, and it's a key aspect that separates him from Peter Parker. Sometimes it works wonders, other times it's just a deterrent until he finds another way to stop his opponent. But like anything else, it's a tool. A relatively powerful tool, but just a tool none the less. Way to really advertise your podcast when your comments mimic those of miles haters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    ^My sentiments exactly, Miles not using that power is like Kaine not using his stingers because he could just end the fight by killing his opponent or Cindy not using hers because she doesn't have to worry about running out of web fluid. Not to mention it adds a visual effect that's unique to Miles. My only complaint about his powers is that I wish he'd use his camo ability more, but I can somewhat understand its low use because comics are such a visual medium you don't want your MC to be unseen for a long period of time.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa guys! I didn't realize it was such a sore spot and I didn't mean for my humble opinion to be read as "mimicing a miles hater" (come on, now).

    I think you've gotten me wrong, so let me try to explain again. I like the idea of the venom sting and agree that it's important to make Miles a unique Spider-Character (same with camo mode).

    My frustration with the venom sting is that it inadvertently robs drama from Miles' battle scenes. The earlier stories highlighted Miles' inexperience in battle, which made for exciting storytelling (he was afraid, so I got caught up in the moment as a reader and was afraid for him). His team-up battle with 1610 Peter where they both battled the Goblin was one of the most visually stunning issues in the series' history, but the plot beats were basically Sting/Down/Get Up/Sting/Down/Get Up/Sting. I overlooked that because it was genuinely thrilling, but Miles deserves a story where he's outgunned and has to work out a solution. Otherwise as much as I love the character (enough to create a fan podcast), it's less fun for me to see the venom sting as the answer every time.

    But then we get the opening of Spider-Man issues 1 and 2, where Blackheart has decimated all of the Avengers, yet Miles can put down the demon with a venom sting. Does that make Miles the most powerful hero in the Marvel Universe? It just didn't read right for me in that context.

    I'm not sure why my personal opinion about the venom sting touched a nerve. All I said was that I'd personally find it interesting if the power was balanced out by some kind of risk or limitation. I don't think that's out of line...is it?

    And for what it's worth, our podcast loves the character but is okay with being critical. That doesn't make me a "hater" or someone that mimics that line of conversation. If we love (or don't love) something, we try to get into *why* and never take the easy way out of just saying "it was awesome" or "it sucked." Also, even if there are times where we don't necessarily connect with the work, we *never* disrespect the creators involved. It's also a fan effort - it costs me time and money to produce, edit and distribute, and I'll never take money for it. It's just for fun and conversation. That's all I'm looking for, and I love hearing different opinions. Clearly I found one here!

    I love the character and like sharing the conversation with my fellow fans here at CBR...even if we respectfully disagree from time to time. It seems like answers are coming in Spider-Men 2 and in his main book. Plus we've got Generations. Then there's the novel and movie as well. I'm looking forward to all of it!

    EDIT: I can't seem to share the link, but I've got a review of Spider-Man 2 at the Superior Spider-Talk website where I try to explain my POV on the Blackheart fight a bit better (I still gave the issue 9/10).
    Last edited by Project37; 04-19-2017 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typos and then to share a link
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators, including BENDIS!

  2. #1922
    Incredible Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Here's a WIP from Sara's Instagram

  3. #1923
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa guys! I didn't realize it was such a sore spot and I didn't mean for my humble opinion to be read as "mimicing a miles hater" (come on, now).

    I think you've gotten me wrong, so let me try to explain again. I like the idea of the venom sting and agree that it's important to make Miles a unique Spider-Character (same with camo mode).

    My frustration with the venom sting is that it inadvertently robs drama from Miles' battle scenes. The earlier stories highlighted Miles' inexperience in battle, which made for exciting storytelling (he was afraid, so I got caught up in the moment as a reader and was afraid for him). His team-up battle with 1610 Peter where they both battled the Goblin was one of the most visually stunning issues in the series' history, but the plot beats were basically Sting/Down/Get Up/Sting/Down/Get Up/Sting. I overlooked that because it was genuinely thrilling, but Miles deserves a story where he's outgunned and has to work out a solution. Otherwise as much as I love the character (enough to create a fan podcast), it's less fun for me to see the venom sting as the answer every time.

    But then we get the opening of Spider-Man issues 1 and 2, where Blackheart has decimated all of the Avengers, yet Miles can put down the demon with a venom sting. Does that make Miles the most powerful hero in the Marvel Universe? It just didn't read right for me in that context.

    I'm not sure why my personal opinion about the venom sting touched a nerve. All I said was that I'd personally find it interesting if the power was balanced out by some kind of risk or limitation. I don't think that's out of line...is it?

    And for what it's worth, our podcast loves the character but is okay with being critical. That doesn't make me a "hater" or someone that mimics that line of conversation. If we love (or don't love) something, we try to get into *why* and never take the easy way out of just saying "it was awesome" or "it sucked." Also, even if there are times where we don't necessarily connect with the work, we *never* disrespect the creators involved. It's also a fan effort - it costs me time and money to produce, edit and distribute, and I'll never take money for it. It's just for fun and conversation. That's all I'm looking for, and I love hearing different opinions. Clearly I found one here!

    I love the character and like sharing the conversation with my fellow fans here at CBR...even if we respectfully disagree from time to time. It seems like answers are coming in Spider-Men 2 and in his main book. Plus we've got Generations. Then there's the novel and movie as well. I'm looking forward to all of it!

    EDIT: I can't seem to share the link, but I've got a review of Spider-Man 2 at the Superior Spider-Talk website where I try to explain my POV on the Blackheart fight a bit better (I still gave the issue 9/10).

    It's pretty obvious why people are upset at this "criticism", primarily because it's not a criticism at all. Let's put it this way, Flint just moved pluto in Royals. He moved a object that's literally was once a planet, and yet a venom sting needs to be depowered? Do we really need to start bringing in feats from other much more powerful heroes just to realize how standard miles move is? And that's why the criticism is in question, because this "criticism" is one of the main go to complaints that they used to hide their actual problems with miles.

    Because people who follow the comic knows quite well that there are plenty of times where Miles have used the Spider Sting where it was either a tool that helped finish the fight or was completely not effective like against the giant woman and the villain that could absorb people's powers and required 5 people to take down. That's why this criticism is in question, because the actual criticism becomes debunked the minute you take into account all the actual times he used it and compare that with how many times it actually finished the show in one blow.

    That's why I stated before, it's a tool, a powerful tool, but still a tool no different none the less, and the fact that Miles got knocked out by a actual human (his different universe father no less) clearly shows the "drama" is quite there. He continues to be rescued regularly by different people, be it gwen, his friends, his teammates. So again, this whole "needs to be outgunned" criticism is asinine and definitely alerts fans when said criticism is given.

    Ultimately, one of miles biggest draws and why I think he's was more successful then say sam wilson's captain america is that Miles was portrayed as an effective hero. While he definitely needed help and assistance on numerous occasions, he was able to overcome using his abilities villains that many assumed a rookie couldn't do. And especially for black heroes, we're tired of seeing black characters as always being subpar, needing help and assistance and rarely getting the job done. Cap America biggest complaint when under Rick's pen was the fact that he was never able to finish a fight. It would have to be Misty, or someone else coming in to save the day, and this was supposed to be an hero that was fighting for the past 30 years.

    In the end, he has to be effective, and in his own way. Peter Parker was/is the genius. He has good powers but he's constantly being overpowered by his villains so he using his high intellect to save the day. Miles isn't a genius. He's smart, but not high tier smart. So his balance is that for powers level, he's higher then Peter. He has more powers, higher strength, etc. but that's counter balance by a weak spider sense. So miles should not be written like Peter where he has to constantly use his intellect to figure out a way to stop his opponents, because he's not Peter. That's peter's schtick.

  4. #1924
    Fantastic Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa guys! I didn't realize it was such a sore spot and I didn't mean for my humble opinion to be read as "mimicing a miles hater" (come on, now).

    I think you've gotten me wrong, so let me try to explain again. I like the idea of the venom sting and agree that it's important to make Miles a unique Spider-Character (same with camo mode).

    My frustration with the venom sting is that it inadvertently robs drama from Miles' battle scenes. The earlier stories highlighted Miles' inexperience in battle, which made for exciting storytelling (he was afraid, so I got caught up in the moment as a reader and was afraid for him). His team-up battle with 1610 Peter where they both battled the Goblin was one of the most visually stunning issues in the series' history, but the plot beats were basically Sting/Down/Get Up/Sting/Down/Get Up/Sting. I overlooked that because it was genuinely thrilling, but Miles deserves a story where he's outgunned and has to work out a solution. Otherwise as much as I love the character (enough to create a fan podcast), it's less fun for me to see the venom sting as the answer every time.

    But then we get the opening of Spider-Man issues 1 and 2, where Blackheart has decimated all of the Avengers, yet Miles can put down the demon with a venom sting. Does that make Miles the most powerful hero in the Marvel Universe? It just didn't read right for me in that context.

    I'm not sure why my personal opinion about the venom sting touched a nerve. All I said was that I'd personally find it interesting if the power was balanced out by some kind of risk or limitation. I don't think that's out of line...is it?

    And for what it's worth, our podcast loves the character but is okay with being critical. That doesn't make me a "hater" or someone that mimics that line of conversation. If we love (or don't love) something, we try to get into *why* and never take the easy way out of just saying "it was awesome" or "it sucked." Also, even if there are times where we don't necessarily connect with the work, we *never* disrespect the creators involved. It's also a fan effort - it costs me time and money to produce, edit and distribute, and I'll never take money for it. It's just for fun and conversation. That's all I'm looking for, and I love hearing different opinions. Clearly I found one here!

    I love the character and like sharing the conversation with my fellow fans here at CBR...even if we respectfully disagree from time to time. It seems like answers are coming in Spider-Men 2 and in his main book. Plus we've got Generations. Then there's the novel and movie as well. I'm looking forward to all of it!

    EDIT: I can't seem to share the link, but I've got a review of Spider-Man 2 at the Superior Spider-Talk website where I try to explain my POV on the Blackheart fight a bit better (I still gave the issue 9/10).
    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    It's pretty obvious why people are upset at this "criticism", primarily because it's not a criticism at all. Let's put it this way, Flint just moved pluto in Royals. He moved a object that's literally was once a planet, and yet a venom sting needs to be depowered? Do we really need to start bringing in feats from other much more powerful heroes just to realize how standard miles move is? And that's why the criticism is in question, because this "criticism" is one of the main go to complaints that they used to hide their actual problems with miles.

    Because people who follow the comic knows quite well that there are plenty of times where Miles have used the Spider Sting where it was either a tool that helped finish the fight or was completely not effective like against the giant woman and the villain that could absorb people's powers and required 5 people to take down. That's why this criticism is in question, because the actual criticism becomes debunked the minute you take into account all the actual times he used it and compare that with how many times it actually finished the show in one blow.

    That's why I stated before, it's a tool, a powerful tool, but still a tool no different none the less, and the fact that Miles got knocked out by a actual human (his different universe father no less) clearly shows the "drama" is quite there. He continues to be rescued regularly by different people, be it gwen, his friends, his teammates. So again, this whole "needs to be outgunned" criticism is asinine and definitely alerts fans when said criticism is given.

    Ultimately, one of miles biggest draws and why I think he's was more successful then say sam wilson's captain america is that Miles was portrayed as an effective hero. While he definitely needed help and assistance on numerous occasions, he was able to overcome using his abilities villains that many assumed a rookie couldn't do. And especially for black heroes, we're tired of seeing black characters as always being subpar, needing help and assistance and rarely getting the job done. Cap America biggest complaint when under Rick's pen was the fact that he was never able to finish a fight. It would have to be Misty, or someone else coming in to save the day, and this was supposed to be an hero that was fighting for the past 30 years.

    In the end, he has to be effective, and in his own way. Peter Parker was/is the genius. He has good powers but he's constantly being overpowered by his villains so he using his high intellect to save the day. Miles isn't a genius. He's smart, but not high tier smart. So his balance is that for powers level, he's higher then Peter. He has more powers, higher strength, etc. but that's counter balance by a weak spider sense. So miles should not be written like Peter where he has to constantly use his intellect to figure out a way to stop his opponents, because he's not Peter. That's peter's schtick.
    Good points of debate on both sides. Any chance at finding middle ground here, or should we just chalk this up to having different fan preferences for the character, and ultimately its up to the writer whether we like it or not. Because like I'm sure, Bendis has said at one point, "trying to please everyone leads to pleasing no one." (paraphrased but you guys get the point.)

  5. #1925
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    25,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Good points of debate on both sides. Any chance at finding middle ground here, or should we just chalk this up to having different fan preferences for the character, and ultimately its up to the writer whether we like it or not. Because like I'm sure, Bendis has said at one point, "trying to please everyone leads to pleasing no one." (paraphrased but you guys get the point.)
    I think there can always be a right balance to anything.

    Like, for all my issues with the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, I liked how they retained the Venom Sting but toned it's power down a little so it didn't feel as overpowered as it has in the comics at certain points (note I said points, not always) and Miles did more then just use it to end a fight like he does most of the time. There it felt more like a "tool," ala Thor's hammer or Wolverine's claws, and less like a conflict-ender.

    Granted, Miles was obviously not the lead of that show and was pretty much just another Spider-sidekick (Cough)Kid-Arachnid(Cough) but even if he were the star I would expect them to still downplay the Sting like that so he could have more involved or clever fights that you would expect from Spider-Man rather then a countdown to a finishing move.

    But that's just me...

  6. #1926
    Incredible Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    664

    Default

    This is probably just going to have to be one of those different preferences situations, as I don't think there's a way to satisfy both sides at the moment. I say we just move on, from what I've some people want 616 Miles to be evil so I have a question for them. Powers or no powers? Should he have some spider abilities to go in line with the people from different dimensions have the same powers? Or maybe some tech that replicates them and make the fight more even? Or just have him be a trained fighter? Or maybe something completely different like having him be a magic user?

  7. #1927
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there can always be a right balance to anything.

    Like, for all my issues with the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, I liked how they retained the Venom Sting but toned it's power down a little so it didn't feel as overpowered as it has in the comics at certain points (note I said points, not always) and Miles did more then just use it to end a fight like he does most of the time. There it felt more like a "tool," ala Thor's hammer or Wolverine's claws, and less like a conflict-ender.

    Granted, Miles was obviously not the lead of that show and was pretty much just another Spider-sidekick (Cough)Kid-Arachnid(Cough) but even if he were the star I would expect them to still downplay the Sting like that so he could have more involved or clever fights that you would expect from Spider-Man rather then a countdown to a finishing move.

    But that's just me...

    But what you may find a right balance may not be what others such as myself find a right balance. For me, I'm perfectly fine that in certain situations, it's a conflict ender. It means he has a heavy hitter punch that can put foes on their back if needs be. But that also means if it doesn't work, what else can he do to finish the fight. So the question of, if he use it, will it end the conflict, is more then enough for me. Thor's lightning is the exact same, it comes out, it lays waste to people. But when it gets directed back to her like in War of Worlds, you're like okay, what else can she do. There's a reason why wrestlers in WWE has finishing moves and why those finishing moves are so popular. I can't count how many times I've seen classmates trying to stone cold stunner people in classes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    This is probably just going to have to be one of those different preferences situations, as I don't think there's a way to satisfy both sides at the moment. I say we just move on, from what I've some people want 616 Miles to be evil so I have a question for them. Powers or no powers? Should he have some spider abilities to go in line with the people from different dimensions have the same powers? Or maybe some tech that replicates them and make the fight more even? Or just have him be a trained fighter? Or maybe something completely different like having him be a magic user?
    Eh, I'm a little hesitant with 616 miles being evil. First his actual uncle was evil, then his pops was evil in another universe, and now his alternate self becomes evil? That's a little too much evil in one person's lineage and that can ring off some bells. Not saying I wouldn't ever want to see an evil version of miles, but I personally would hope they would give that a break.

  8. #1928
    Incredible Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    664

    Default

    I'm with you on the 616 Miles being evil thing for the reasons you said and also because I feel like it would take away from his need to not be like his uncle or father.

  9. #1929
    Spectacular Member Project37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    <long post>
    Hey man - I read this and get where you're coming from, and perhaps more importantly, *why* my opinion rubbed you the wrong way. I really do get it. It's an interesting take and while I don't think we see it the same way, I'm also not sure why you need to question my "fan credentials" (i.e., "people who follow the comic") and dismiss my take as "asinine". That just seems needlessly hostile. I've read and re-read the entire series to date a few times and just stated one personal reaction. We're just talking comics, no need to be rude.

    As for the implication that it's a "go to complaint" to "hide an actual problem with Miles", I really hope that's not about race and lumping me in with people like that. I'm a PoC myself with mixed kids that has written thousands (!) of words about Miles Morales and why he is important to me on a personal level (and it's not just about his skin color). My complaint/criticism/comment/whatever you want to call it is from me as a reader, not someone with an agenda or problem with the character.

    I don't need or want Miles to be Peter 2.0. I never said that. That's actually why I started reading in the first place. I agree with you, having him written like Peter would defeat the whole purpose of the character. He's got this great supporting cast, so I was thinking more along the lines of Jefferson, Rio, Gloria, Ganke, Fabio, or Bombshell giving him an idea or inspiring him with insight that he could use to solve a problem - not just as Miles but also as Spider-Man.

    Just my humble take. I'm honestly not here to argue.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators, including BENDIS!

  10. #1930
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Hey man - I read this and get where you're coming from, and perhaps more importantly, *why* my opinion rubbed you the wrong way. I really do get it. It's an interesting take and while I don't think we see it the same way, I'm also not sure why you need to question my "fan credentials" (i.e., "people who follow the comic") and dismiss my take as "asinine". That just seems needlessly hostile. I've read and re-read the entire series to date a few times and just stated one personal reaction. We're just talking comics, no need to be rude.
    It's more based on the wording that you used, as mentioned earlier, it's pretty much a direct replica of comments that miles haters would normally use. If you have issue with finishing moves, that's not a problem. No one has an issue with that. After all, not everyone likes wrestling and the finishing moves is one of the things they don't like. That's not a problem, but when your entire post seems to be a direct rep from the miles haters hand book, people question it.

    Just compare yours with frontier, he never once talked about how miles having a lack of drama with fights, a huge tactic seen in the miles hater hand book, because there's been numerous occasions where he's been taken down, needing assistance, and/or rescued. Instead, he references only specific points he thinks it's overpowered, and that's primarily due to the fact that he doesn't like it as a finishing move/doesn't like finishing moves in general. Now I disagree with him about Thor's lightning cause I believe Thor's lightning is also a finishing move, but his criticism more aligns with he doesn't like it as a finishing move per say. So it illustrates he reads the books and knows quite well that his fights are very much filled with drama. So again, when you take a post that is literally a direct replica from the miles hater handbook, people rightfully give it the sideeye. That's not saying you're not a fan, that's saying your post is suspect and that's where people have a hard time grasping. It's like how someone says a post is racist and they automatically assumes that means they're racist. One does not equal the other, you can have a post be racist but not be aware that it's racist. That would just mean ignorance. So some of us who actually try to educate explain, hey, this post is racist. This is why it's racist. Investigate the behavior, self reflection, take two pills and call me in the morning lol. But instead, they take it as it means they're racist which is not the case. Now if you become aware of how the post is racist, and you still believe in the stuff you're typing, then that person becomes racist, because now he knows he posting racist spew but continues to want to do so. The same applies here, I'm calling out the post you made, not you as a fan. I will admit I was taken back by someone who dedicates a podcast to the character spit something from the miles hater handbook, but the issue still lie mostly with the post.

    As for the implication that it's a "go to complaint" to "hide an actual problem with Miles", I really hope that's not about race and lumping me in with people like that. I'm a PoC myself with mixed kids that has written thousands (!) of words about Miles Morales and why he is important to me on a personal level (and it's not just about his skin color). My complaint/criticism/comment/whatever you want to call it is from me as a reader, not someone with an agenda or problem with the character.
    Oh no, that part wasn't actually referencing to race but to miles haters trying to hide in the appreciation thread to troll about a character they don't like. You see, most other threads in the spider man thread involving miles pop up and die because they get overrun by miles haters trying any way to justify their hatred for the character. This prevents actual miles fans from wanting to participate in the thread and instead come to this safe haven, which was the entire purpose of this thread, to allow readers who actually love and enjoy the character to talk about the character in peace without having to worrying about miles haters overrunning the thread, thanks to cbr rules regarding appreciation thread. So haters know outright vitriol will get them banned in this thread, so instead they provide inaccurate "criticism" so they can participate with active posters, knowing full well they don't actually care for the character and just want the attention. But again, this is not saying I'm putting you into this category, because you obviously like the character. Those statements is referencing to how your posts mimics those that perform the behavior above.

    I don't need or want Miles to be Peter 2.0. I never said that. That's actually why I started reading in the first place. I agree with you, having him written like Peter would defeat the whole purpose of the character. He's got this great supporting cast, so I was thinking more along the lines of Jefferson, Rio, Gloria, Ganke, Fabio, or Bombshell giving him an idea or inspiring him with insight that he could use to solve a problem - not just as Miles but also as Spider-Man.

    Just my humble take. I'm honestly not here to argue.

    Hmm... that's actually a good idea. I like that, and it would stop him from having to be saved so often. Maybe just give him some insight and let his brain work, that sounds cool. It would add a different dynamic that I wouldn't mind.

  11. #1931
    Spectacular Member Project37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Thanks for the context, it's really helpful. I honestly had zero idea about any of the past drama or this thread's status as a safe haven. That's me being new, so thanks again for the background. For what it's worth, I'd meant that the venom sting had been gradually providing diminishing returns for my satisfaction as a reader since the beginning, and wasn't trying to use a blanket dismissal of its worth. But despite the disagreement, hopefully it's at least a bit clearer that I'm a fan and not working from a playbook.

    I really like seeing that Bendis is spending time developing the supporting cast in this run, and am happy that Judge hasn't been forgotten. Having more voices to bounce off of can only mean good things for continuing to see Miles grow as an individual. I'm optimistic that Spider-Men II & Generations will underscore the fact that he's his own man and not Peter 2.0.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators, including BENDIS!

  12. #1932
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,673

  13. #1933
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

    I'll be honest, I still don't know what Generations is. Is it like 10 books being release focusing on legacies? Or is it one solid mini series that has multiple legacies in one?

  14. #1934
    Spectacular Member Project37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I'll be honest, I still don't know what Generations is. Is it like 10 books being release focusing on legacies? Or is it one solid mini series that has multiple legacies in one?
    My impression (and I could be wrong) was that it was a series of one-shots by different creative teams with stories linked by the legacy theme.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators, including BENDIS!

  15. #1935
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,673

    Default

    Turned out it was a mistake anyway, Generations was never scheduled for July, it was misreporting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •