Page 130 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2389

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    My impression (and I could be wrong) was that it was a series of one-shots by different creative teams with stories linked by the legacy theme.
    That is correct, it is ten one-shot issues, each by different people, focusing on a character and their legacy equivalent. It's just in what way the characters will interact we're unsure of yet, but the rumour is that the legacy character gets sent back in time where they go on a little adventure with the past version of the character with their mantle.

So that's how we get classic looking Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, etc. interacting with Jane, Amadeus, Riri, and Sam, along with bringing back dead characters like Adult Jean Grey, Mar-Vell, and Logan. I am interested about what the Spider-Man one is going to be, if this means Miles is going to team-up with teenage Peter Parker, that would be kind of cool.
    Current Reading List: Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Batman/TMNT Adventures, Spider-Gwen, Unbelievable Gwenpool, Hawkeye, Hulk, U.S.Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Secret Empire, Secret Warriors, I Am Groot
    Future: Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Edge Of Venomverse
    DC: Batman, The Flash, Green Lanterns, Batgirl, Superman, Suicide Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    So that's how we get classic looking Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, etc. interacting with Jane, Amadeus, Riri, and Sam, along with bringing back dead characters like Adult Jean Grey, Mar-Vell, and Logan. I am interested about what the Spider-Man one is going to be, if this means Miles is going to team-up with teenage Peter Parker, that would be kind of cool.
    I'm starting to feel like that's pretty likely, especially since we're getting a team-up with adult Peter in Spider-Men II so another one in Generations would be kinda redundant.

There's also probably a lot, story-wise, that could be mined from Miles meeting Peter in his early years as Spider-Man.

I guess the only question is how Bendis would depict a teenage Peter, though something tells me he'll probably just write him like Ultimate Peter Parker .

Astonishing Member

Looks like it was meant to be 11 one-shots, considering the original art. Now that the Nova series is cancelled, we can probably assume they were also meant to have a Generations issue that's also been axed.

Mighty Member

Details here

http://www.newsarama.com/34150-origi...nerations.html

GENERATIONS: THE SPIDERS starring Peter Parker and Miles Morales
    Written by Brian Michael Bendis
    Art by Ramon Perez

It's going to be very interesting to have Spider-Men II and Generations: The Spiders coming out at the same time. I also wonder at what point in Peter's career Miles is going to meet him because depending on when it is they could be almost the same age and I think that could be interesting to see them meet on more equal ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa guys! I didn't realize it was such a sore spot and I didn't mean for my humble opinion to be read as "mimicing a miles hater" (come on, now).

I think you've gotten me wrong, so let me try to explain again. I like the idea of the venom sting and agree that it's important to make Miles a unique Spider-Character (same with camo mode).

My frustration with the venom sting is that it inadvertently robs drama from Miles' battle scenes. The earlier stories highlighted Miles' inexperience in battle, which made for exciting storytelling (he was afraid, so I got caught up in the moment as a reader and was afraid for him). His team-up battle with 1610 Peter where they both battled the Goblin was one of the most visually stunning issues in the series' history, but the plot beats were basically Sting/Down/Get Up/Sting/Down/Get Up/Sting. I overlooked that because it was genuinely thrilling, but Miles deserves a story where he's outgunned and has to work out a solution. Otherwise as much as I love the character (enough to create a fan podcast), it's less fun for me to see the venom sting as the answer every time.

But then we get the opening of Spider-Man issues 1 and 2, where Blackheart has decimated all of the Avengers, yet Miles can put down the demon with a venom sting. Does that make Miles the most powerful hero in the Marvel Universe? It just didn't read right for me in that context.

I'm not sure why my personal opinion about the venom sting touched a nerve. All I said was that I'd personally find it interesting if the power was balanced out by some kind of risk or limitation. I don't think that's out of line...is it?

And for what it's worth, our podcast loves the character but is okay with being critical. That doesn't make me a "hater" or someone that mimics that line of conversation. If we love (or don't love) something, we try to get into *why* and never take the easy way out of just saying "it was awesome" or "it sucked." Also, even if there are times where we don't necessarily connect with the work, we *never* disrespect the creators involved. It's also a fan effort - it costs me time and money to produce, edit and distribute, and I'll never take money for it. It's just for fun and conversation. That's all I'm looking for, and I love hearing different opinions. Clearly I found one here!

I love the character and like sharing the conversation with my fellow fans here at CBR...even if we respectfully disagree from time to time. It seems like answers are coming in Spider-Men 2 and in his main book. Plus we've got Generations. Then there's the novel and movie as well. I'm looking forward to all of it!

EDIT: I can't seem to share the link, but I've got a review of Spider-Man 2 at the Superior Spider-Talk website where I try to explain my POV on the Blackheart fight a bit better (I still gave the issue 9/10).
    For what it's worth I'm with you, and the Spider-Gwen crossover seemed to at least acknowledge the debate over it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Here's a bit of Miles as he appears in Secret Empire Uprising

Astonishing Member

Where did that come from? Is there a new Previews book out?

It was just over on someone's blog.

Astonishing Member

Well, that "Continued in" box definitely looks like it's from a previews mag, the previews sent to websites don't usually have that. Are we due one next week?

Here's a few theories about who the 616 may be, personally I'm a fan of the first and last options.
    https://www.n3rdabl3.com/2017/04/20/...ampaign=buffer

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's a bit of Miles as he appears in Secret Empire Uprising

I'm betting Miles will be one of the six chosen to go undercover since his identity is the most secret among them at the moment. Also his dad has plenty of experience as an undercover agent so it would be pretty cool to see Miles sort of inherit those skills. The other undercover agent would either be Nadia or Riri. I'm leaning more towards Nadia since she has previous Red Room training.

Going undercover in the Hydra Youth Choir could also feed into Miles' fears and insecurity that deep down he can be just as cold and ruthless as his criminal uncle Aaron Davis and his Dad when he had to go undercover. That's just the perfect storm for some teen Spidey drama.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 04-21-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Not to mention it would give him the perfect opportunity for his confrontation with Hydra Cap.

Here's a few theories about who the 616 may be, personally I'm a fan of the first and last options.
    https://www.n3rdabl3.com/2017/04/20/...ampaign=buffer
    I think the first two options would be to most interesting to explore and to help expand the dynamic between Peter and Miles.

Not to mention it would give him the perfect opportunity for his confrontation with Hydra Cap.
    You see, the story is practically writing itself with how well those puzzle pieces fit together!

Or maybe Miles is on support, one or both the agents get found out and he goes to bail them out. Just keeping the options open, but I'd much prefer Undercover Miles.