Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,488

    Default How X-MEN like will the post-Secret Wars Inhumans stories be?

    So, in order to tie into the MCU Marvel is more or less making the Inhumans the new mutants. But how far will they go story-wise to make that so? Will the post-Secret Wars Inhumans stories be very similar to the X-MEN, with racism, inequality, and acceptance being at the center? Will the Inhumans tackle the things that the X-MEN are all about? Will they go as far as to make the government start anti-Inhuman initiatives like they did to mutants in past X-MEN stories? And where will that leave the X-MEN if the Inhumans become Marvel's new book dealing with those themes? What do you think?

  2. #2
    Senior Member MikeMC005's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    976

    Default

    I think marvel is going to model the new Inhumans franchise after the success of the x-men franchise.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Action Comics, JL, JLA, Wonder Woman, SM/WW, Green Lantern, Sinestro, Superman, Suicide Squad, GL: Lost Army, Starfire, Cyborg, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: A-Force, ANAD Avengers, AN & Uncanny Inhumans, AN X-men, Amazing Spider-Man, Angela, Black Knight, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Extraordinary & Uncanny X-Men, GotG, Iron Man, Thor, New Avengers, Nova, Silk, Spider-Gwen, SP-Man, SP-Woman, Squadron Supreme, Ultimates, Wolverine
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I think marvel is going to model the new Inhumans franchise after the success of the x-men franchise.
    I think that there is a lot of truth in that statement. I think the Inhumans are the substitute, since there's the whole Fox movie thing with X-Men, that's too long to explain here. But I think you can safely say that the InHumans will take up the X-Men's role in the Marvel universe.

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    So far my guess is it will be same Avengers style with the X-Men theme done all wrong.

  5. #5
    Junior Member datugu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Nope... I fell inhumans will never take the mutants place!!!

    Even though both have powers and several forms, inhumans don't think they are humans, while mutants ARE humans!!!

    The only story I will see if that humans will hate them and they will hate humans and will not have any common grounds!!! I like several inhumans, but they cannot take the mutants place, never!!!

  6. #6
    Veteran Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    Nope... I fell inhumans will never take the mutants place!!!

    Even though both have powers and several forms, inhumans don't think they are humans, while mutants ARE humans!!!

    The only story I will see if that humans will hate them and they will hate humans and will not have any common grounds!!! I like several inhumans, but they cannot take the mutants place, never!!!
    You should read Brian Woods X-Men v3 about the original mutants. The information Storm discovered meant that mutants weren't humans.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Habis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You should read Brian Woods X-Men v3 about the original mutants. The information Storm discovered meant that mutants weren't humans.
    I may have missed something. What are you speaking about?

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You should read Brian Woods X-Men v3 about the original mutants. The information Storm discovered meant that mutants weren't humans.
    what did storm discover?

  9. #9
    Junior Member Starsmoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Very X-Men-y. The Inhumans have no mileage without it.
    X-MEN FANS SHOULD READ IMAGE
    Saga, Bitch Planet, Shutter, Kaptara, The Wicked + Divine

    Upcoming:
    The Ludocrats, Monstress, Paper Girls

  10. #10
    Eldritch Abomination dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,989

    Default

    Well, im totally for the Sentinels to show up.
    “A tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. Omnipotent moral busybodies, those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, and domestic animals”

    C.S. Lewis

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Hmmm, If Agents of Shield is anything to go by, I'm going to say as if written by Claremont himself at his best. That's what they'll aim for, anyways.
    The rrrrhate only makes Cyke stronger......

  12. #12
    Eldritch Abomination dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Hmmm, If Agents of Shield is anything to go by, I'm going to say as if written by Claremont himself at his best. That's what they'll aim for, anyways.
    With a side of Bendis.
    “A tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. Omnipotent moral busybodies, those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, and domestic animals”

    C.S. Lewis

  13. #13
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, im totally for the Sentinels to show up.
    "RECALIBRATING to seek out FILTHY INHUMAN DNA!"

    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

    Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

    "What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

    Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

  14. #14
    Junior Member Maniacal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    200

    Default

    The hints have been there...

    on Cosmic Beasts' timeline repair/equation... we see Inhumans listed before important X-men "history." In Uncanny Inhumans 0, Blackbolt's son is sent into the past...

    Now Beast is in on Inhumans... Cyclops is making an appearance. It is rumored and confirmed that something mysterious happens between the X-men and the Inhumans post Secret Wars...bringing them together...

    We're going to find out mutants are an ancient offshoot/descendants of Inhumans... regardless of what has been stated before... we are getting a major retcon connecting these two franchises.

  15. #15
    Veteran Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    The hints have been there...

    on Cosmic Beasts' timeline repair/equation... we see Inhumans listed before important X-men "history." In Uncanny Inhumans 0, Blackbolt's son is sent into the past...

    Now Beast is in on Inhumans... Cyclops is making an appearance. It is rumored and confirmed that something mysterious happens between the X-men and the Inhumans post Secret Wars...bringing them together...

    We're going to find out mutants are an ancient offshoot/descendants of Inhumans... regardless of what has been stated before... we are getting a major retcon connecting these two franchises.
    They could easily do that without messing much up - say retcon the x-gene into being an aberrant strain (mutation) of the inhuman gene, one that ended up manifesting without terrigenesis.
    The rrrrhate only makes Cyke stronger......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •