Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Iron Man, Storm, Deadpool & More Face Off Against Marvel's "Axis" of Evil

Marvel's "Axis" continues to take shape as the publisher releases a second teaser featuring some of the heroes involved in the upcoming event.

Full article here.

Remender writing Deadpool again.. I'm in.

Its a good enough team.
    'Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light'

BANNED

I am looking forward to this. Finally some classic heroes vs villains stuff again. I really liked AvX and I loved Age of Ultron but didnt care for Infinity or Original Sin (all that cosmic stuff or some murder mystery isnt really my thing to be honest) so Axis certanly looks like something thats much more to my liking.

And the major Marvel heroes in battle with Red Skull, Sabretooth, Carnage ( my most fav Marvel villain!) and Green Goblin. Plus Deadpool in there too? It sounds pretty awesome. I haven t read remenders stuff since the first Uncanny Avengers arc but I loved that story and I especially loved his Uncanny X-Force run so I am definitely going to check this out.

Though Marvel is overdoing it a bit with events these days arent they? There used to be an event every few years and now we get one every 4 or 5 months? I guess its good I skipped Infinity and OS because otherwise I might be kinda tired of Marvel events now and not bother with Axis, which from the looks of it would be a shame.

I pick and choose which events I pick up from Marvel. With Original Sin, most of the books on my pull have tie-ins, so I'm just reading those. Not really interested in the main event. Since Deadpool seems to be featured here, I'll be picking this one up.

Part of me wonders.. if Wolverine wasn't slated to die, would he be there instead of Deadpool? Maybe Wade is taking his place in a way. Hopefully not to the extent of showing up everywhere. My wallet can handle that type of exposure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I pick and choose which events I pick up from Marvel. With Original Sin, most of the books on my pull have tie-ins, so I'm just reading those. Not really interested in the main event. Since Deadpool seems to be featured here, I'll be picking this one up.

Part of me wonders.. if Wolverine wasn't slated to die, would he be there instead of Deadpool? Maybe Wade is taking his place in a way. Hopefully not to the extent of showing up everywhere. My wallet can handle that type of exposure.
    Storm has replaced Wolverine as token X-Man.

Clearly with Spidey still untrusted after Superior, Cap and Hulk against the Avengers after what's happening in Original Sin and with Wolverine dead, it means a fair few of the logical heroes to battle this threat are off the table, possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Yup, you right.

More like AAAXID.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade Wilson View Post
    I am looking forward to this. Finally some classic heroes vs villains stuff again. I really liked AvX and I loved Age of Ultron but didnt care for Infinity or Original Sin (all that cosmic stuff or some murder mystery isnt really my thing to be honest) so Axis certanly looks like something thats much more to my liking.

And the major Marvel heroes in battle with Red Skull, Sabretooth, Carnage ( my most fav Marvel villain!) and Green Goblin. Plus Deadpool in there too? It sounds pretty awesome. I haven t read remenders stuff since the first Uncanny Avengers arc but I loved that story and I especially loved his Uncanny X-Force run so I am definitely going to check this out.

Though Marvel is overdoing it a bit with events these days arent they? There used to be an event every few years and now we get one every 4 or 5 months? I guess its good I skipped Infinity and OS because otherwise I might be kinda tired of Marvel events now and not bother with Axis, which from the looks of it would be a shame.
    Yeah Marvel do seem to be doing an increasing amount of events, or at least that's how it feels right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Its a good enough team.
    Agreed.

I think you're probably right.

There are two villains from Spidey's rogue galllery, but he's nowhere to be seen in the picture, even though he's still an Avenger on Ironman's team. The tagline seems to be Avengers teaming up with the X-Men, but Medusa, who has no affiliation with neither, is there. I can probably guess the reasons for not having Spidey, Cap, Wolvie or the FF involved, mostly due to their individual circumstances in their own books, but I have to point out that the Inhuman's involvement is almost definitely a result of Marvel trying to push them into the spotlight. I'm still looking forward to this more than Original Sin, though.

CBB Killah Beez..

I dunno about these concurrent events I barely want to read Original Sin..

On one hand it seems to be an interesting mix of characters (if this is showing the main cast). On the other hand it seems everyone is teaming up with everyone in some way every month anyway so it does not feel that event-like anymore.

I don't think this is a team, but representers of teams

I sincerely hope you are correct.