Super Moderator

Default Guillermo del Toro Reportedly No Longer On Board "Justice League Dark"

Amid the news of "Sandman" moving to New Line Cinema comes word that director Guillermo del Toro is no longer attached to "Justice League Dark."

Full article here.

BANNED

No real surprise. It seems like there hasn't been any real movement on the project since it was announced and that Del Toro has prioritized several other projects ahead of it. In some ways I imagine this parallels what happened with Wright and Ant-Man, as WB's plans for their big screen slate have almost certainly shifted since Del Toro first came on board, and it could be that Del Toro wasn't able/willing to adapt to the new status quo.

Nothing to do now but sit back an wait for the "those corporate bastards" backlash, I suppose.

Astonishing Member

This is par for the course Del Toro. Not unexpected in the least. i still wish he was directing Wonder Woman.

Never really expected this to get off the ground. I always felt Del Toro was just teasing the fans with this one, as nothing besides rumors ever came out for three years.

Yeah, this has as much to do with del Toro as DC, if not more. Dude does great work, but he's kinda notorious for trying to take on more than he actually has time to do, and having to drop things later.

Return to Blade, please. Also Man-Thing.

Really disappointed by this. But hey, maybe we can actually get a Hellboy 3 now!

Rookie Member

First Silent Hills and now this? I really hope it isn't true. Still, I'm sure whatever he does end up working on will be great (maybe Hellboy 3? Naoki Urasawa's Monster TV series??)
    "So we stole a painting. So we turned a policeman into a toilet. Worse things happen every day in El Salvador." - Mr. Nobody, Doom Patrol Vol 2 #29

BANNED

He's got The Haunted Mansion with Ryan Gosling at Disney, another Pacific Rim movie, and maybe At the Mountains of Madness with Legendary Pictures coming up; he probably doesn't have much time for this movie. Legendary Pictures also isn't working with WB anymore, (they're doing stuff with Universal now) which could also have something to do with it.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Holy- This project is still alive?! I thought it had been quietly cancelled or something... I guess this is the new Suicide Squad now that Suicide Squad is actually making progress (at least I THINK it was Suicide Squad that was stuck in development hell for years).
    My babies: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Bucky Barnes, Jamie Madrox, Cyclops, Kate Bishop, Batwoman, Thor, Stargirl, Jay Garrick

Sorta my babies: Damian Wayne, Jon Kent, Richard Rider, Booster Gold, Aquaman, Daredevil, Magik, Kyle Rayner, Tinya Wazzo

Trade-waiting: Action Comics, All-New Wolverine, Aquaman, Birthright, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain America, Daredevil, Deadpool, Fables, Nailbiter, Saga, Superman, Weapon X, X-Men: Gold

BANNED

I'll still be beyond surprised if this ever actually gets made.

Hopefully he doesn't use the additional time to make Pacific Rim 2. That movie was embarrassingly bad and by far the worse thing he'd ever made.

No surprise. When I first heard of this project years ago someone did say it would never come.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Hopefully he doesn't use the additional time to make Pacific Rim 2. That movie was embarrassingly bad and by far the worse thing he'd ever made.
    Haven't seen Hellboy 2? Even with it's problems, Pacific Rim is probably the best of his studio movies.

Since he's likely to never get back to this project, I hope someone at least comes along to translate his script on film. I really really want the JLD on screen.