Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Cudmore's Colossus Fights the Good Fight in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"

Daniel Cudmore discusses gearing up as Colossus once again in order to save mutankind from the threat of the Sentinels in "Days of Future Past."

Full article here.

I only remember Cudmore having dialogue in X-2.

He may have had dialogue in XMtLS and DoFP but I only remember him speaking there.

he told bobby what happen to rogue after she bounced.

He was never my favorite character, but as an iconic member of the team, Colossus really deserves more screen time and dialogue.

Rather that fight any sort of fight, I recall spoilers:
    his being pulled into two halves.
    end of spoilers

Colossus is one of those characters that has been seriously underutilized in the X-Men movies.

Mostly he's just been used as muscle in a few fight scenes and that is it. I don't even remember him having that many lines (if any), and they never once mentioned anything about his being Russian.

Kind of ticked of that Singer has dealt such a crappy hand to such a wonderful character.

Also, they should bring back Nightcrawler, it was a shame he was only used in X-2 and then quickly forgotten.
    You don't have to break it to fix it.

well i love colossus but he doesn't really have much to contribute in the comics anyway. it's not like he is a great leader or has a lot to say most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    Colossus is one of those characters that has been seriously underutilized in the X-Men movies.

Mostly he's just been used as muscle in a few fight scenes and that is it. I don't even remember him having that many lines (if any), and they never once mentioned anything about his being Russian.

Kind of ticked of that Singer has dealt such a crappy hand to such a wonderful character.

Also, they should bring back Nightcrawler, it was a shame he was only used in X-2 and then quickly forgotten.
    Agreed. "My" X-Men are always going to be Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Wolvie, Colossus, Kitty and Kurt. Every one of those except Wolverine has been either underused or misused. I've enjoyed most of the movies, mind you, but I really, really would love to see this lineup featured strongly in the next.

Always wished he had more too do.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    well i love colossus but he doesn't really have much to contribute in the comics anyway. it's not like he is a great leader or has a lot to say most of the time.
    Well he did have a great moment when he sacrificed himself to cure the Legacy Virus.
    Join LEGION WORLD - the web's biggest Legion of Superheroes fan forum

Currently MagSeven

Cudmore? More like CUDyoupleasetalkMORE. Am I right ladies and gentlemen? I think this guy's said 3 words in 3 films!

Agree to disagree. I'm still bitter about that, and think it was lazy writing to commit suicide to prove his love. There's a bit of a sad male power fantasy there. Real tough guys find a way instead of taking the easy way out. I thought that was poorly done, as was Piotr turning to Magneto. This is why Scott Lobdell and I will never see eye to eye.

My favorite Colossus moments, in no particular order.

1. Going toe to toe with Gladiator.
    2. Revenge on Ord/reunited with Kitty. Yeah, something got in my eye when I saw Cassaday's panel with Kitty putting her hand over her heart.
    3. Proteus. He did what no one could or wanted by killing the youngster.
    4. The Brood. With Havok thinking he had accidentally killed Colossus, Piotr emerges from wreckage with his Brood sparring partner in hand.
    5. Savageland 3-some love. I think this is what all little straight fanboys dream of...
    6. Anything "fastball special." Most recently upon resurrection, Wolvie: "I've got two words for you, bub."
    7. Kitty and mistletoe. I really love that relationship.

OK. I will stop now.

X-Force movie is still a go right?
    If so I hope Colossus joins Cable, Blink, Deadpool, Domino, and Warpath

while he's not my favorite X man, he's still an awesome character that would benefit from a bigger role

Quote Originally Posted by shokdiesel View Post
    My favorite Colossus moments, in no particular order.

1. Going toe to toe with Gladiator.
    2. Revenge on Ord/reunited with Kitty. Yeah, something got in my eye when I saw Cassaday's panel with Kitty putting her hand over her heart.
    3. Proteus. He did what no one could or wanted by killing the youngster.
    4. The Brood. With Havok thinking he had accidentally killed Colossus, Piotr emerges from wreckage with his Brood sparring partner in hand.
    5. Savageland 3-some love. I think this is what all little straight fanboys dream of...
    6. Anything "fastball special." Most recently upon resurrection, Wolvie: "I've got two words for you, bub."
    7. Kitty and mistletoe. I really love that relationship.

OK. I will stop now.
    these are all great colossus moment. but let's not kid ourselves. he didn't give any riveting speeches or provide many witty one-liner's for any of those moments.

Loved Colossus's drunken bar fight with Juggernaut.
    How about Alex?