Page 300 of 303 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303 LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 4540
  1. #4486
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    12,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quicksilver #2 comes out today. I am hoping to get more insight into Wanda's family life from it.

    Saladin Ahmed tweeted this
    The Magnus Gang! (art by @RodReis, from his incredible upcoming guest stint on EXILES #6-7)
    Attachment 67050
    Thanks Wichfan

    New Cosplay Forka and new Polaris Gifted




  2. #4487
    Astonishing Member CuteClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    The Magnus Gang!
    art by Rod Reis on EXILES #6-7

    Yeah, baby, Cyclops was right! Cyclops was right yet again! Cyclops is always right!! So bring RightClops back.

  3. #4488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    The Magnus Gang!
    art by Rod Reis on EXILES #6-7
    Looks fun. I will say I am very close in removing Quicksilver No Surrender from my pull list. I didn't expect it to undo the retcon, but so far it managed to touch on every character important to Quicksilver in his history and now Magneto twice and based on the previews a third time next issue other then Lorna. I will have to decide in the next few days on that score. Quicksilver and Lorna have been on three different teams together and one national cabinet. The retcon is one thing, but their rather significant interaction over the years happened.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-14-2018 at 07:59 AM.

  4. #4489
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    12,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post


  5. #4490
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Looks fun. I will say I am very close in removing Quicksilver No Surrender from my pull list. I didn't expect it to undo the retcon, but so far it managed to touch on every character important to Quicksilver in his history and now Magneto twice and based on the previews a third time next issue other then Lorna. I will have to decide in the next few days on that score. Quicksilver and Lorna have been on three different teams together and one national cabinet. The retcon is one thing, but their rather significant interaction over the years happened.
    Quicksilver #2 was another nail in the coffin of those who still believe that the Maximoffs are related to Magneto.

  6. #4491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quicksilver #2 was another nail in the coffin of those who still believe that the Maximoffs are related to Magneto.
    Corporate retcons are corporate retcons and they exist until the corporation deems them no longer helpful or of use.

    I wasn’t talking about the corporate retcon as Magneto and his past with Quicksilver is being brought up consistently, but not Lorna where they has an very close relationship for 13 years in the comics before they were officially related for 11 years.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-14-2018 at 09:48 AM.

  7. #4492
    Spectacular Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Unfortunately, I didn't see any hint that Lorna would be showing up. I think someone asked on twitter, and was told nothing definitive. It's a serious oversight, considering freaking Jarvis showed up in #2. Yes Jarvis has always been kind to Pietro, but Lorna is practically his best friend, even if they weren't related. They have very similar personalities and have both been kicked in the teeth by life in much the same way (having the love of your life cheat and dump you, losing their powers, being mind controlled a lot). But no one but Peter David remembers that. It's like Lorna is considered purely optional when it comes to Magnus family stories, and most writers skip that option.

    As for 'putting a nail in the coffin' of Magneto being his father, I don't think so at all. It's pretty clear that Saladin is comparing and contrasting Magneto and Django, in terms of their influence on Pietro's outlook on life. This storyline started off with that article on Pietro's doubts about the Axis retcon and desire to be a part of the mutant community again. It's only the second issue. And I have a feeling that Magneto will continue to make appearances throughout. If nothing else, this book establishes Magneto's importance in Pietro's life. The first thing he literally does when he realizes time has stopped was to go look up and play a prank on his supposed not father, and even protects Magneto despite his stated reluctance to do so. Pietro still cares, even if he can't bring himself to admit it.

    I'm patient, so I am going to stick it out and see where this book goes.

    Also, as an aside, how does Pietro know where Magneto has his base? I didn't think that was common knowledge. I remember Pietro was supposed to be the on who returned Magneto's helmet after Rogue used it in Uncanny Avengers, so maybe from there?

  8. #4493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Unfortunately, I didn't see any hint that Lorna would be showing up. I think someone asked on twitter, and was told nothing definitive. It's a serious oversight, considering freaking Jarvis showed up in #2. Yes Jarvis has always been kind to Pietro, but Lorna is practically his best friend, even if they weren't related. They have very similar personalities and have both been kicked in the teeth by life in much the same way (having the love of your life cheat and dump you, losing their powers, being mind controlled a lot). But no one but Peter David remembers that. It's like Lorna is considered purely optional when it comes to Magnus family stories, and most writers skip that option.

    As for 'putting a nail in the coffin' of Magneto being his father, I don't think so at all. It's pretty clear that Saladin is comparing and contrasting Magneto and Django, in terms of their influence on Pietro's outlook on life. This storyline started off with that article on Pietro's doubts about the Axis retcon and desire to be a part of the mutant community again. It's only the second issue. And I have a feeling that Magneto will continue to make appearances throughout. If nothing else, this book establishes Magneto's importance in Pietro's life. The first thing he literally does when he realizes time has stopped was to go look up and play a prank on his supposed not father, and even protects Magneto despite his stated reluctance to do so. Pietro still cares, even if he can't bring himself to admit it.

    I'm patient, so I am going to stick it out and see where this book goes.

    Also, as an aside, how does Pietro know where Magneto has his base? I didn't think that was common knowledge. I remember Pietro was supposed to be the on who returned Magneto's helmet after Rogue used it in Uncanny Avengers, so maybe from there?
    I never said you shouldn't, but as a Polaris fan when you pull a slight like this it has to go answered so yes its off my pull list I decided tonight. Hopefully the author changes his tune, but right now he seems like one of those creators a decade ago that took the view Lorna and Pietro weren't related in my era of comic buying 'so I will ignore they ever interacted' or that Lorna 'is a nobody character' and isn't worthy of being around Pietro.

    You saw some of both happening in the Children's Crusade to AvX era. In the 1990s X-Factor the writers were hemming and hawing about bringing back Lorna's family connections and basically wrote Lorna and Pietro with the idea in mind Pietro was Magneto's current son and Lorna was once Magneto's daughter, but it was retconned. So, they were close friends yes, but with a brother/sister vibe to it and it wasn't just PAD that did it rather intentionally.

    The problem is the 80s and early 90s is alot of creators right now nostalgia centrist era of comic buying and they weren't related then. Oh, and no it wasn't just PAD, when Lorna went to Genosha the writers at the time remembered their X-Factor relationship.



    Pietro was there when they basically pulled Lorna from the rubble of Genosha to Lorna's wedding he and Wanda were at to the revel and his visit to Genosha with Lorna in 2004.



    To funerals like for Banshee

    From 2000-2006 their relationship was widely respected. In some ways I think because Lorna was an important X-Men character at the high point of her comic book fan popularity. She wouldn't have gotten in House of M and thus WATXM if she wasn't considered near to being an A list X-Men coming off the Austen era.



    Then she was punted to space and her popularity cratered and after that only PAD respected their previous relationship. It doesn't matter though longer term as Lorna's popularity is surging and that will continue and a new generation that doesn't see the family through a nostalgia based 80s-90s lens is coming up. The retcon will come down as well though I can't say when.

    I am still removing the Quicksilver mini from my pull list and will reverse it the title respects Lorna's very long term close connection to Pietro even slightly.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-14-2018 at 04:02 PM.

  9. #4494
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    12,821

    Default

    new selfie cosplay Forka
    Last edited by juan678; 06-16-2018 at 10:19 AM.

  10. #4495
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    12,821

    Default


  11. #4496
    Amazing Member SSminos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quicksilver #2 was another nail in the coffin of those who still believe that the Maximoffs are related to Magneto.
    I honesty I dont think this retcon be gone in the QS solo (in later/ahead maybe do, yeah) and too how we can see in the issue is fair Pietro´s feeling and thinking that about Erik, was ungrateful with them, with his childrens, but too we see how Pietro try keep care for him, soo Pietro is around of Erik looking him and not ignoring it, that said something else

    I like the made way the write of this story and I like see more this issues ahead but really I like see more interaction into Pietro and Lorna, or Luna, or Crystal, in his flashback, well this only is the issue 2 soo I keep wait for the next later

  12. #4497
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Unfortunately, I didn't see any hint that Lorna would be showing up. I think someone asked on twitter, and was told nothing definitive. It's a serious oversight, considering freaking Jarvis showed up in #2. Yes Jarvis has always been kind to Pietro, but Lorna is practically his best friend, even if they weren't related. They have very similar personalities and have both been kicked in the teeth by life in much the same way (having the love of your life cheat and dump you, losing their powers, being mind controlled a lot). But no one but Peter David remembers that. It's like Lorna is considered purely optional when it comes to Magnus family stories, and most writers skip that option.

    As for 'putting a nail in the coffin' of Magneto being his father, I don't think so at all. It's pretty clear that Saladin is comparing and contrasting Magneto and Django, in terms of their influence on Pietro's outlook on life. This storyline started off with that article on Pietro's doubts about the Axis retcon and desire to be a part of the mutant community again. It's only the second issue. And I have a feeling that Magneto will continue to make appearances throughout. If nothing else, this book establishes Magneto's importance in Pietro's life. The first thing he literally does when he realizes time has stopped was to go look up and play a prank on his supposed not father, and even protects Magneto despite his stated reluctance to do so. Pietro still cares, even if he can't bring himself to admit it.

    I'm patient, so I am going to stick it out and see where this book goes.

    Also, as an aside, how does Pietro know where Magneto has his base? I didn't think that was common knowledge. I remember Pietro was supposed to be the on who returned Magneto's helmet after Rogue used it in Uncanny Avengers, so maybe from there?
    Just as I figured, they cant make Pietro.interesting without a Magneto add along. Hilarious. He will always need to whine and cry about Magneto to prop himself up and make excuses for his shortcomings. White privilege type behavior. Sad but more importantly weak.

  13. #4498
    Astonishing Member Doctor Know's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Just as I figured, they cant make Pietro interesting without a Magneto add along. Hilarious. He will always need to whine and cry about Magneto to prop himself up and make excuses for his shortcomings. White privilege type behavior. Sad but more importantly weak.
    That hasn't changed for several decades now. Pietro is either Magneto's disappointing son or Wanda's less impressive (power wise) sibling.

    Can't escape the magnetic pull.


    Last edited by Doctor Know; 06-16-2018 at 04:53 AM.

  14. #4499
    Spectacular Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    206

    Default

    I honestly thought this was the Magnus family appreciation thread. I think it's very clear you hate Pietro, or any male character that has any friction with Magneto. Again, this is the appreciation thread. Please stop bashing one of the people we are supposed to appreciate in the thread. I imagine a lot of people would appreciate that.

  15. #4500

    Default

    The thread is not about bashing any member of the family. At the same time I knew Quicksilver’s line last issue about Magneto making him a slave would rankle with many and I even felt it a bit off for him to say it even with his normal blaming Magneto for a great deal of his lives problems.

    I know what the issue was referring to, but an issue or two of Avengers story line in the Silver Age where Magneto was going to mind control everyone on Earth hardly was their normal dynamics.



    This was more their normal dynamics back then. Quicksilver joined Magneto out of a combination of wanting to balance the scales for Magneto saving him from the humans and his own anger at humanity.

    The idea he was just his victim/slave is self deceit.

    Anyway Wiccan news.

    Last edited by jmc247; 06-16-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •