Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast

Does Warren still have his healing powers? The kind that would keep him from getting dunk? If he doesn't it seems kind of reckless for a guy who is afraid of loosing control of Archangel to drink like that in Iceman #6 and possibly loose control of himself.

Also seemed a little inconsistent for Warren to refuse to fight the British police so Archangel wouldn't get free in Astonishing 3 and then turn around in 4 and attack Logan by smashing him into an area with a lot of civilians. He could have lost control of Archangel just as easily and put a whole lot of civilians in danger.

I'm happy to have real Warren back but he seems to be written a little inconsistent with how he behaves in trying to control Archangel. Marvel would be better of just giving Warren full control of his personalities.

Ultimate Member

Or just get rid of the Archangel persona and be done with it, allowing Warren to be himself and not rehashing Remender's run...

I like Archangel/Angel struggle. I think we have fans of both versions. This Hulk version that turns Archangel when he is angry is interesting for me. He is better then soulless Teminator from Buncanny.

Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I like Archangel/Angel struggle. I think we have fans of both versions. This Hulk version that turns Archangel when he is angry is interesting for me. He is better then soulless Teminator from Buncanny.
    the Buncanny version was just weird...especially there being two of them...I never got that.

But Bunn resolved that and made a single Archangel personality... but that seems to not have lasted. Thanks, Soule.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Maybe have the SK at the end of Astonishing just take that persona with him and leave Warren fully in charge of his faculties and such...that say Betsy would be the one to split them as she knows him so well...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Maybe have the SK at the end of Astonishing just take that persona with him and leave Warren fully in charge of his faculties and such...that say Betsy would be the one to split them as she knows him so well...
    I doubt. They may fight Archangel is second arc.

Ultimate Member

That doesn't keep my idea from happening though in full...

Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I doubt. They may fight Archangel is second arc.
    Really? that seems kind of samey...they're fighting Wolverine and Gambit possessed by another being do they really need another story arc where they fight each other?

Astonishing X-Men #5 (Land Cover)

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Gorgeous! Land comes through sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Nice cover but the problem comes with the storyline being a rehash of something that other writers have already done recently...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Nice cover but the problem comes with the storyline being a rehash of something that other writers have already done recently...
    I wouldn't look at as a rehash of another story so much as getting Archangel back to being a character that works. Warren really doesn't have much going for him outside of being Archangel. I have always kind of viewed the story where he first becomes Apocalypse's horseman to be Warren's real origin story. I'm just hoping Warren isn't the one who get's left behind in the astral plane or dies.

Soule himself brought back the Angel vs Archangel plot point so I think it would be a little surprising if he did nothing with it.

And besides that's just a cover and they can be misleading.
    Last edited by JarOfFlies1; 10-13-2017 at 03:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

Well the rehash is the having two psyche's in his head, Warren and Archangel, basically it was Remender's storyline before he killed Warren off and we got NuAngel, so I don't see this storyline as growth for Warren sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    For some reason i think this is actually spider-man...