Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Latour's "Wolverine & the X-Men" Fights the Future

"Wolverine & the X-Men" writer Jason Latour tells CBR about making the Jean Grey School's staff and students confront their possible destinies.

Full article here.

Wouldn't it be crazy if Honest John was actually Fantomex from the future? Probably not since that guy is huge.
    How about Alex?

Um...OK. Hellion has a hand back in that preview art. That's unexpected.
    User formerly known as Gary Cody.

Now this interview brought out a question that should have been explored more...what do the X-kids, outside the current focus ones, think of Cyclops and Wolverine's schism and Cyclops current actions ?

LOL Wolverine can't do anything without Cyclops.

this book hsa become horrible! unbearable! i think i'll wait until the first arc is done and then read it all, cause i don't think i'm getting the plot
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

BANNED

Yeah, this things is a total stinker. It just fell way off the deep end with heavy new plot points that will never get referenced because they aren't that fresh. The Phoenix is DONE.

I can't respect the tenor of any book that lays supposed claim to referencing other new x-men and then proceeds to give us paneltime for Anole.

Is this supposed to be the future Oya in the art? I get they are doing the Janelle Monae thing with her appearance but she seems to have aged pretty substantially from the last volume till the current.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Is this supposed to be the future Oya in the art? I get they are doing the Janelle Monae thing with her appearance but she seems to have aged pretty substantially from the last volume till the current.
    no, that's modern Oya.
    her costume in general makes no sense (why Idie, as a student, even has one, when did she get a new one instead of her old blue/red costume, when she even have time to put it on, etc), but the scene is clearly taking place around the events of the current storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    What little I've seen of Idie in this current run just seems wrong.

I like all the wackiness that happens in this series has been a lot of fun, I can't wait to see how this first arc will end.

Honestly I enjoy all the run ins this series is going to have with the rest of the MU, should be interesting to see the guys who sent Wolverine to hell show up before he dies.

I wish this had been a Q&A with Jason. One thing the Xbooks haven't addressed since the original Cyclops & Phoenix mini, that I can remember, is Rachel Summer's relationship with the Askani and their's with her. She started the darn thing when she arrived in that future to fight Apocalypse. When she eventually got lost back in the time stream to be rescued by Cable later, she came back to the present and that was it. For being their revered "mother" I just think it's odd that they wouldn't seek her out... since they would have to know she's alive and well in the past. (How that whole time loop thing works is also a bit of a mind bender, Rachel went to the future and eventually "died", got lost back in the time stream, ended up back in the present day at a point past the time she first went to the future to become Mother Askani... kind of hurts the brain.)

On the one hand I get that the Askani would evolve beyond her, but since they have re-appeared in the present day I think it's a miss not to have Rachel involved in a story with the group she formed... a group that has a member now hell bent on killing a young boy in the X-Men's care. I think present day Rachel would have an issue with that, despite future Mother Askani Rachel forming the group to fight Apocalypse.

when sales go south bring cyclops in.

Looks interesting. And Fantomex finally makes an appearance.
    Visit Storm-Goddess One of the longest running and most advance Storm fan sites on the net

Storm #4 by Greg Pak - October 15, 2014