Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: What Did You Think of "X-Men: Days of Future Past?"

What Did You Think of "X-Men: Days of Future Past?"

Fox's franchise-rebooting "X-Men: Days of Future Past" debuted to box office success and critical acclaim last weekend, but CBR really wants to know what you thought of the latest mutant-filled movie!

Vote on the poll here.

It is the best X-Men Film yet! I loved it!

BANNED

Not bad, just disappointing. First Class is my favorite X-movie.

Great film, great cast, wonderfully erased all the bad and kept all the good. Excellent superhero flick; plus the most diverse cast of superheroes we've seen in cinema. Kudos X-verse
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-28-2014 at 05:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    erased all the bad and kept all the good.
    Mostly, though I'd argue some of the First Class characters they killed off were good...

I would rank it up there with X-2 and First Class, the films I enjoyed most from this series. Near the top of the X-movie food chain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    I would rank it up there with X-2 and First Class, the films I enjoyed most from this series. Near the top of the X-movie food chain.
    Of the same mindset.

The best X-Men film yet released, just edging out X-2 and First Class. We will probably not see such a densely packed star-studded extravaganza for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Mostly, though I'd argue some of the First Class characters they killed off were good...
    With the exception of Emma, they killed off the most forgettable/unremarkable characters from that movie. They will not be needed going forward, now that we are going to have the real X-Men back.

Emma might have faked her death since we don't see her autopsy report in Trask's files.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I wouldn't The only good parts of First Class were young Beast, Xavier, Erik and Mystique and they all survived.

I really feel they hand picked the best parts of both time periods and threw in some cool cameos (even if X3 wasn't great, I liked their Kitty and Beast) and did the best one.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Emma might have faked her death since we don't see her autopsy report in Trask's files.
    Emma as a comic character is decent but not the one they did in FC. IMO. She'd be an old lady by the time she meets Scott, unless we're counting their other Emma that was in Wolverine, also not that great.
    Make it blue
    "Define 'normal' and make a good case for it", Bruce Wayne. GOTHAM

Original Join Date: Oct 2005

She'd be an old lady by the time she meets Scott
    So just like in the comics then.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Emma as a comic character is decent but not the one they did in FC. IMO. She'd be an old lady by the time she meets Scott, unless we're counting their other Emma that was in Wolverine, also not that great.
    She could use the telepathic trick she did in Old Man Logan and make everyone see her as younger.

I rank it #2 behind the first X-Men film

agreed

the opening scene of the 1st xmen movie is a cinematic achievement that has yet to be duplicated by any superhero movie and only a handful of movies outside the genre.

DOFP I call Retcon the movie because it did exactly what needed to be done: given the franchise new life.

For me this is the best X-Men (and even Marvel's) movie ever. If there was any dissapointment from me, it would be the last battle with The Sentinels. I wish it could be more dramatic when each one died. Perhaps some different camera angles, or in editing.