Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cassie Lang/Stature - future speculation (Ant-Man #4 spoilers)

This thread contains spoilers for Ant-Man #4 and the following issues. If you do not wish to have the story spoiled for you, please leave the discussion - fair warning.

So at the end of Ant-Man #4, it's heavily implied that Cassandra Lang's heart was transplanted into Darren Cross, and we know that Augustine promised to find another heart donor for Cassie so that she wouldn't die - but what does that transplant do to her powers? Without her own Pym Particle imbued heart, she probably won't be able to use her powers without harming herself. Is this officially the end of 616 Stature? Or will they find a way to get her own heart back into her body? Maybe her body will accept the new heart and the Pym Particles in her blood will re-saturate her heart, restoring her powers to her - this would be a rather hand-wavey way of dealing with the problem but it's a possible way out for the writers. So what do you guys think Spencer has planned here? Honestly, I feel almost violated for Cassie. It's really gross and repulsive what Augustine just did to her, and I'm very disappointed with the doctor... BUT... I guess this makes for good stories.

BANNED

They did that? That's dumb. Looks like they really want to sideline her as Scott's sick daughter in order to create synergy with the movie.

Well to be fair, Augustine not only threatened to kill Cassie in front of her but also her own son, so the doctor had no other choice (also AT LEAST she had the option to save Cassie rather than just let her died). Anyways, I guess this will be a way to for the time being get Cassie out of the possible chance that she could become Stature or even use her powers for minor stuff (like shrinking to hang out at Scott's new "apartment").

While I believe it shouldn't be a problem in the long run for her new heart to be able to adapt to the Pym particles in her blood, at least I see this a piece of drama for the time being (and also we have no idea how Secret Wars will end up in the end affecting this book eventually).

I thought this was the weakest issue so far.
    Pull List keeps shrinking

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Yeah. Having Crossfire kidnap Cassie again is just a weird thing to do. It's like another spider biting Peter Parker.

I think this is gonna stop her from size changing, which is a total waste because she wasn't even size changing in this book to begin with.

Guess it's gotta align with the MCU...
    A-Force wish list: Songbird, Diamondback, Hazmat, Stature, Transonic, Hope Summers, Selah Burk (Sun Girl), Ultimate Bombshell, Crystal, and many others!

Have Wiccan magically construct a heart for her or maybe Grizzly gives her his heart and then dies thus giving Cassie another reason to be a hero.
    Thor - They doth plunder our professions!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    You are correct I'm hoping they can get back on track this is the only Marvel book I've been reading , I loved the first three issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Have Wiccan magically construct a heart for her or maybe Grizzly gives her his heart and then dies thus giving Cassie another reason to be a hero.
    I don't think Cassie would very much like someone dying for her to get powers...
    A-Force wish list: Songbird, Diamondback, Hazmat, Stature, Transonic, Hope Summers, Selah Burk (Sun Girl), Ultimate Bombshell, Crystal, and many others!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    They did that? That's dumb. Looks like they really want to sideline her as Scott's sick daughter in order to create synergy with the movie.
    I don't think it was about synergy because Cassie was already not showing any hint of having her powers. This strikes me more as Spencer wanting to write something that would get people stirred up emotionally. He's pushing his limits before secret Wars possibly makes it all irrelevant, I guess.
    "O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens... When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him?" Psalm 8

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I don't think Cassie would very much like someone dying for her to get powers...
    Not really for powers just motivation kind of like when she first became a hero it was because Scott "died".

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Not really for powers just motivation kind of like when she first became a hero it was because Scott "died".
    I really don't think that's a good story route. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I really don't think that's a good story route. At all.
    Really, I was just giving some completely silly guesses, but maybe someone needs to die in order for Cassie to be a hero, like she needs an "Uncle Ben Moment" lol.