View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
549. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

16 2.91%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

10 1.82%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

16 2.91%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

30 5.46%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

27 4.92%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

29 5.28%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

30 5.46%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

49 8.93%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

31 5.65%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

78 14.21%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

40 7.29%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

16 2.91%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

25 4.55%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

36 6.56%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

116 21.13%
Page 668 of 668 FirstFirst ... 168568618658664665666667668
Results 10,006 to 10,019 of 10019

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Marvel and Fox shares the rights of the Skrulls. james Gunn confirmed it a long time ago. Marvel can't use specific Skrulls like the Superskrulls, but both company share the rights.
    Xavin WAS a Superskrull, though. But I don't think FOX has any claim over her because of her lack of association with FF and/or X-Men. They probably can use her, but they'll have to change her origin a bit so she would be a regular Skrull, kind of like they'll have to change Molly's mutant origins. And even if they can use her, I still worry a little, because the Skrulls are so important to the MU and Marvel Studios has been holding back on them for some reason. I'm afraid they might not allow Runaways to use Xavin if they feel like introducing the Skrulls on a TV show that'll likely have no impact in the larger MCU might get in the way of their plans. I just really hope they manage to use the original concept for Xavin as Karolina's love interest, even if she has to be a part of a different alien race or something.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-26-2017 at 08:48 AM.

The Week In Gay!

Hellcat #17 is the end of the series, which is sad. Kate Leth, the writer, identifies as queer, which automatically makes it relevant to this thread. Ian and Tom were adorable and remain cute together. This issue has a couple minor characters from earlier in the series - a couple of Patsy fangirls - pop up, with one of them being in love with the other, who almost certainly likes her, too. Also, there was this:

straight (2).jpg

Very subtle, Kate! Clearly getting in a jab at the fact that she wasn't allowed to have Patsy be queer. Cute moment.

Ultimates #6 has very little of America, but it does have her mention she's going to be going to college, so she can learn more and be better prepared for their foe.

Hulk #5 came out, written by Mariko Tamaki, who is gay, so it's relevant to the thread, even if there's no LGBTQ+ content in this issue. (Still a great comic, though, and one well worth reading.)

Anole has a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo in X-Men Gold #2.

In X-Men Blue #2, we find out that Romeo's been ghosting Bobby, not answering calls or responding to texts. Not cool, Romeo. Also, Bunn had better not drag that shit out too long.

Great Lakes Avengers #7 has Flatman and Goodboy, you know, around. Their sexualities don't come up, but hey, at least Goodboy is terrible at quips.

I'm gonna miss the Patsy Walker comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post

Ultimates #6 has very little of America, but it does have her mention she's going to be going to college, so she can learn more and be better prepared for their foe.

Which Al Ewing even writes THAT brief snippet BETTER than the entirety of her solo thus far. <grumble grumble>
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Which Al Ewing even writes THAT brief snippet BETTER than the entirety of her solo thus far. <grumble grumble>
    Fingers crossed Iceman will re-fill us with the good feels that America was supposed to deliver.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Fingers crossed Iceman will re-fill us with the good feels that America was supposed to deliver.
    The pressure is ON.

I need it to be good. WE need to be good. Please for the love of Kelly Clarkson, let it be GOOD!
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The pressure is ON.

I need it to be good. WE need to be good. Please for the love of Kelly Clarkson, let it be GOOD!
    I've been sampling some of Grace's other work. There are pieces I've liked more than others, there's nothing that's set off warning bells yet, and he can tell a good story. So... fingers crossed. I've still got "Burn the Orphanage" on the to-read pile.

This Week's Comics: Wonder Woman #21, Insexts #10, Hook Jaw #5, Powerless #1, Gold Digger #240, Monstress #11, Star Trek/Green Lantern v. 2 #5

Oh, possibly relevant to the thread's interests: B&W variant cover preview for Iceman #2 by Tana Ford.

This Week's Comics: Wonder Woman #21, Insexts #10, Hook Jaw #5, Powerless #1, Gold Digger #240, Monstress #11, Star Trek/Green Lantern v. 2 #5

Veteran Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Great Lakes Avengers #7 has Flatman and Goodboy, you know, around. Their sexualities don't come up, but hey, at least Goodboy is terrible at quips.
    Who is Goodboy? I've never heard of this character before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Very curious how they'll address xavin if marvel doesn't have the rights for skrulls. I'm sure this is a very minor hiccup that can be addressed but I feel like any shapeshfiting alien would get them in trouble so I wonder if they'll do an inhuman or human tested on like pietro and Wanda. I worry we won't see Xavin since the basis of the entire character is arranged marriage from a shapeshifting alien species and they can't use the shapeshifting alien species part.
    I still say using Xavin as the first trans character is problematic.

I have never ever liked that story, it's representative elements or it's base understanding of sexuality, attraction and gender.

/ rant, before I begin!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Oh, possibly relevant to the thread's interests: B&W variant cover preview for Iceman #2 by Tana Ford.

Yay for Ford! I hope Marvel gives her more work soon. I do like her style. In the meantime, though, this dpes mean she'll have more time to work on Duck! Vol. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Who is Goodboy? I've never heard of this character before.
    Godoboy is a new character. She's a werewolf, who actually identifies as male in his fursona. Which is actually pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I still say using Xavin as the first trans character is problematic.

I have never ever liked that story, it's representative elements or it's base understanding of sexuality, attraction and gender.

/ rant, before I begin!
    Well, you're assuming they're going to treat Xavin as a trans representation, something I don't think she was ever supposed to be in the first place. That scene where she explains to Molly why she doesn't stick to one gender makes it clear to me that her gender identity is not black and white as ''being cis or trans''. Which is why I feel like it's a story worth telling, since there are people IRL who don't fall into neither category as well, and that is something that can be very complex for most people to understand, since we're socially engineered to see gender as a binary thing. I think Xavin's storyline broke that stereotype in many ways.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-27-2017 at 03:05 PM.

The Week In Gay!
    Hulk #5 came out, written by Mariko Tamaki, who is gay, so it's relevant to the thread, even if there's no LGBTQ+ content in this issue. (Still a great comic, though, and one well worth reading.)
    I am enjoying the book overall, but I do think there is a pacing problem. I expect this series will read better in TPB format than it does in single issues.

Great Lakes Avengers #7 has Flatman and Goodboy, you know, around. Their sexualities don't come up, but hey, at least Goodboy is terrible at quips
    I am so sorry to see this series end--and especially so abruptly. It is disappointing that the final issue had to be spent dealing with the Dr. Nod storyline when there was far more interesting stuff going on that remains unresolved--like Flatman reaching out to his former friend/potential love interest a few issues ago, or further exploring the stories of Good Boy and her brother (whom we never got to fully see in his 'fursona', unfortunately), or learning more about Pansy and what exactly she's up to, etc. sigh

One other thing I noticed in this week's books, OCCUPY AVENGERS #6 had a Skrull who was the wife of a human--but when 'she' reverted to natural form, she appeared to be a male Skrull.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, you're assuming they're going to treat Xavin as a trans representation, something I don't think she was ever supposed to be in the first place. That scene where she explains to Molly why she doesn't stick to one gender makes it clear to me that her gender identity is not black and white as ''being cis or trans''. Which is why I feel like it's a story worth telling, since there are people IRL who don't fall into neither category as well, and that is something that can be very complex for most people to understand, since we're socially engineered to see gender as a binary thing. I think Xavin's storyline broke that stereotype in many ways.
    I disagree for a whole host of reasons, but I see where you're coming from. I still dont like the character and likely never will, but yeah, I can see how you got what you got from the story
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God