View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
540. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

15 2.78%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

10 1.85%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

16 2.96%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

30 5.56%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

27 5.00%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

29 5.37%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

29 5.37%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

49 9.07%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

30 5.56%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

75 13.89%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

40 7.41%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

16 2.96%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

24 4.44%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

36 6.67%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

114 21.11%
Page 643 of 643 FirstFirst ... 143543593633639640641642643
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 9645

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Personally, I'd love to have Bobby go out to a gay bar to check out "the scene" solo, and just happen upon Jean Paul and Kyle.
    Jean Paul would, of course, be all flabbergasted by Bobby's arrival and Kyle would notice said flabbergastery(its a word, because I say it) and take the social reigns. He'd explain some of the nuances and maybe some of the cultural differences like how to spot if you're being cruised and what various monikers mean (bear, otter, twink, etc) and Bobby would argue to not being an idiot and Kyle would then offer to back down and let him figure it out on his own, to which Bobby would immediately concede and apologize and express appreciation for the "guidance".

All the while, Jean Paul is stifling his own frustrations -- for lack of a better word -- regarding Bobby and his introduction to "gayness" through his husband. And after some rather comical displays of failed flirtations from Bobby and guys hitting on Bobby, he'd leave and encounter a mugging and save someone's life and that someone would compliment him and Bobby would reply with something absurd like "You're welcome. I'm a twink. I think. Sort of. What did Kyle say I was?" and the civilian would just awkwardly leave while Bobby is still clumsily working through his speech out loud ending with him waving goodbye.

As time passes, Northstar would grow increasingly flustered around Bobby, as he was back in the Austen days, and Kyle would acknowledge his crush but assure him he isn't jealous and understands they have history -- whatever that history may be-- and suggest they continue to help Bobby acclimate however they can.

And eventually, Iceman and Hercules would bone.

Yup.

Also, it'd be funny if Bobby compared Gaydar to Cerebro in some capacity. I dunno. It just seems like something he'd do.
    I love this!
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

The Week In Gay!

America was boss in Ultimates 2 #5. Her sexuality isn't brought up, but whatever, she was boss.

Aneka was a major character in Black Panther #12, though again, her sexuality isn't relevant here. But she does get some very strong scenes. (And there was also a letter in the back complaining about Black Panther pushing LGBTQ+ issues. Because apparently a story set in an African country should pretend gay people don't exist. The guy who wrote that letter is a jackass.)

In Hulk #4, Bradley is still the best assistant, and his husband made bagels, so clearly, he has the best husband.

Unworthy Thor #5 has a most disturbing lack of abs.

Aaaand, as far as I can tell, that's it for this week, from Marvel.

Not Marvel, but Jem & the Misfits #3 was focused on Blaze, a trans woman, who is the second most adorable Misfit, behind only Stormer. (Third most adorable character in the Jem comics, behind Stormer and Kimber.) Real talk: Jem & the Holograms is one of the best comics out there. Legitimately, one of the best. It is an amazing series, LGBTQ+ friendly, and just wonderful.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    And eventually, Iceman and Hercules would bone.
    Oh yes that would give me life. they used to be in the Champions together. Hope the writers remember that:
    Witness Herc and Bobby fighting over a sex toy below ;P

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Our first superhero slut!
    It'd be more realistic than every gay character being in a long-term relationship that ends in marriage. Most people in general fish for a while before they reel their rod in (pun maybe intented).
    TOP 10 HEROES:
    1) BLACK BOLT - 2) CYCLOPS - 3) SWAMP THING - 4) MOON KNIGHT - 5) WICCAN - 6) BATMAN - 7) SPIDER-MAN - 8) NIGHTWING - 9) INFINITY MAN - 10) SLEEPWALKER

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION | TRITON APPRECIATION | GORGON APPRECIATION

Is Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do considered canon? Because the first issue of that seems to confirm Black Cat is queer. If it is canon, I'm surprised this fact has gone unnoticed by most people for so long...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/5_Gs-6_p0JL...WzFdb43UigQ=s0

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The Week In Gay!

America was boss in Ultimates 2 #5. Her sexuality isn't brought up, but whatever, she was boss.

Aneka was a major character in Black Panther #12, though again, her sexuality isn't relevant here. But she does get some very strong scenes. (And there was also a letter in the back complaining about Black Panther pushing LGBTQ+ issues. Because apparently a story set in an African country should pretend gay people don't exist. The guy who wrote that letter is a jackass.)

In Hulk #4, Bradley is still the best assistant, and his husband made bagels, so clearly, he has the best husband.

Unworthy Thor #5 has a most disturbing lack of abs.

Not Marvel, but Jem & the Misfits #3 was focused on Blaze, a trans woman, who is the second most adorable Misfit, behind only Stormer. (Third most adorable character in the Jem comics, behind Stormer and Kimber.) Real talk: Jem & the Holograms is one of the best comics out there. Legitimately, one of the best. It is an amazing series, LGBTQ+ friendly, and just wonderful.
    There is mention of Jen's secretary's husband and making food trying to invite her out sometime with them in this weeks Hulk (that was this week, right?).

Edit: Whoops you mentioned it and way more accurately than I. My bad. My eye must'e skipped that line.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 03-23-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do considered canon? Because the first issue of that seems to confirm Black Cat is queer. If it is canon, I'm surprised this fact has gone unnoticed by most people for so long...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/5_Gs-6_p0JL...WzFdb43UigQ=s0
    It is suposedly canon but there's never really been much if any follow up to my knowledge at least in 616. Though it is part of why folks really want Felicia and Cindy (Silk) to become a couple. It doesn't help that a lot of folks dislike the entire story as it's most famously known for retconning rape into Black Cat's history (or well pre Black Cat Felicia).

The only place it's sort of brought up elsewhere is in Spider-Girl's universe MC2 where Felicia had a daughter with Flash Thompson and I believe they were later separated with Felicia now being out and dating (and possibly married) to a woman (been a few years there so I'm blanking a bit on it).

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    It is suposedly canon but there's never really been much if any follow up to my knowledge at least in 616. Though it is part of why folks really want Felicia and Cindy (Silk) to become a couple. It doesn't help that a lot of folks dislike the entire story as it's most famously known for retconning rape into Black Cat's history (or well pre Black Cat Felicia).

The only place it's sort of brought up elsewhere is in Spider-Girl's universe MC2 where Felicia had a daughter with Flash Thompson and I believe they were later separated with Felicia now being out and dating (and possibly married) to a woman (been a few years there so I'm blanking a bit on it).
    Thanks for the answer. Honestly, if it happened in the main universe and it hasn't been retconned by anyone ever since, yeah, I consider it canon. I mean, most people still consider 616 Herc as bi because someone once made a comment, so I definitely think Felicia counts. It would be nice to have that part of her fleshed out more, though.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; Yesterday at 07:36 AM.

Ugh, charming. And sure, a series dealing with an African country shouldn't do anything with LGBT characters...its not like LGBT rights have been an issue in many of those countries. Nope, no relevant material there at all.

Technically, the Midnight Angels aren't even the first gay supporting characters BP has had. Long tine supporting character Taku is gay--he and Venomm were in a relationship back in the Don McGregor run. However, it had to remain subtext at the time at get past the editors, since this was the 70s. McGregor was a bit less subtle with it in the PANTHER'S PREY miniseries in the early 90s, but even then it still couldn't be said explicitly so some people remain unaware of it (although McGregor himself has stated it explicitly in interviews).

Just in the interest of accuracy, Bradley says it is his "boyfriend" not husband. I am very much enjoying Bradley thus far--he is a ray of sunshine in a book that is otherwise rather bleak and sad in a lot of ways.

The new Quasar appeared in CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #14 (although it was a small appearance).

And on the TPB front, UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL vol.5 "Like I'm The Only Squirrel In The World" was released, with more Koi Boi goodness.

Also in the not-Marvel camp was the 2nd issue of the EMPOWERED AND THE SOLIDER OF LOVE miniseries, which has a few different same-sex hook-ups among the various superhumans who have been affected by the Solider of Love's powers.

And also the latest issue of BUFFY Season 11, with Willow facing a moral challenge and also a return appearance by her ex-girlfriend Lake.

Thanks for the answer. Honestly, if it happened in the main universe and it hasn't ben retconned by anyone ever since, yeah, I consider it canon. I mean, most people still consider 616 Herc as bi because someone once made a comment, so I definitely think Felicia counts. It would be nice to have that part of her fleshed out more, though.
    Yeah. Black Cat's bisexuality is canon...it just doesn't come up much. She is apparently more into guys than into women. But yeah, it would be fun to see it brought up again at some point (not that she's got much time for romance these days, while busy running her criminal empire... )

With the recent developments regarding Hela on Unworthy Thor, I'm hopeful that Jason Aaron might be the one to pick up on Angela's story and give us some closure to the whole Serangela situation (assuming Bendis won't). Looks like he's the only writter willing to truly acknowledge the events of Queen Of Hel.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/...nos-hela-thor/

With the recent developments regarding Hela on Unworthy Thor, I'm hopeful that Jason Aaron might be the one to pick up on Angela's story and give us some closure to the whole Serangela situation (assuming Bendis won't). Looks like he's the only writter willing to truly acknowledge the events of Queen Of Hel.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/...nos-hela-thor/
    Even if Bendis hadn't mentioned it being someone else's story, we can safely assume he wouldn't have followed up, because that would mean writing a story that acknowledges gay people are capable of being in committed romantic relationships.

Anyway, my own hope is they're giving Angela another shot at a solo. Kate Leth could write it.

I would love for Angela to get another solo, I'm just not sure it would happen anytime soon. These days it seems like the only titles that keep getting second chances so soon after they're canceled are the ones with the MCU push going on for them. Right now I just want some confirmation that she'll have a regular presence on any ongoing title, preferably alongside Sera.

Even if Bendis hadn't mentioned it being someone else's story, we can safely assume he wouldn't have followed up, because that would mean writing a story that acknowledges gay people are capable of being in committed romantic relationships.

Anyway, my own hope is they're giving Angela another shot at a solo. Kate Leth could write it.
    My interpretation was that it was a set up for another series. Sera has gone missing and Angela has sworn to do whatever she can to find her. I mean I know it's Bendis blah blah blah but I remain optimistic that it's a set up for another writer to pick up on.

I don't know where they're going with this story, I just hope it's not another ''Sera was taken and now Angela has to save her'' again.

One thing from QOH that I would love to see continued was that whole thing with Angela's adoptive mother, Loriel. At the first issue one of the Hierophants tried to negotiate information of her whereabouts in exchange for Sera, but Angela refused. Later when they were on Hel, Angela found out Loriel wasn't there and said ''that was a mystery for another time''. Bennett clearly was going somewhere with that, but then the series got canceled.