View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
562. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

17 3.02%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

10 1.78%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

16 2.85%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

31 5.52%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

27 4.80%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

30 5.34%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

31 5.52%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

51 9.07%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

32 5.69%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

79 14.06%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

43 7.65%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

16 2.85%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

26 4.63%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

36 6.41%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

117 20.82%
Page 665 of 704 FirstFirst ... 165565615655661662663664665666667668669675 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 10558

I was at the premiere of GoTG last night. I don't recall any LGBTQ characters.
    I'm a fighter. I fight for normal people. But I'll never be one. I'm not a hero. Some people can't handle that.

#midnightermonday

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Clearly you weren't watching hard enough.

Anyway, it's totally better if you can't tell if any of the characters are gay. Subtlety, that's the key. If someone can watch a film and walk away not knowing that one of the characters was gay, then that's success. Invisible representation is the best representation!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The Week In Gay!

USAvengers #5 has a really nice scene between Aikku and Toni, as Aikku expresses concern for Toni's constant work on her Rescue armour. It's a good scene. They have a good chemistry. Aikku is cute.
    Yeah, it is wonderful to see Aikku finally getting to display some real personality now that she is no longer Pod. Her joke about Toni's non-lethal "concussion guns" may have been may favourite part of the whole issue! lol

As noted earlier, Man-Killer, a minor villain, died in Thunderbolts #12. Of course, she's a villain. so it's not like any writer will sweat it if they want to use her. "How'd she survive? Who cares?"
    Especially given that the book includes a reality warper, Kobik, who has already brought back at least one dead character in this series. But one minor correction--while Man-Killer is indeed a minor villain in the context of the larger Marvel Universe, within the context of THUNDERBOLTS she is a significant ongoing cast member--a recurring presence in the book since issue #3 of the original Busiek/Bagley run, and a former member of the team.

Star-Lord #6 has Peter's abs. Including a shower panel. Also, Brand being Brand. (Kris Anka books always count in this thread, I say.)
    Peter had another page or so of topless action in the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: DREAM ON one-shot with beautiful art by Andrea Di Vito. Moondragon and Phyla both have blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameos during Drax's fantasy sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    James Gunn is now hinting that there might be a gay character in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

http://www.newnownext.com/guardians-...-gunn/04/2017/

when asked by the Press Association if he’d ever consider working a gay protagonist into the Guardians universe.

“Absolutely. I would love to be able to,” he told reporters at the movie’s world premiere in Hollywood. “We might have already done that. I say watch the movie. Check it out. See what you think.”

We "might" have already done that? Sounds like more gay-baiting breadcrumbs.
    Sadly I doubt it. This is the guy who was told "no space lesbians", I doubt they did a U-turn on that. Pity. Though I think his attitude is a little tone deaf. It's 2017; we are waaaaaay past "you never know, wink nudge smile"
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Clearly you weren't watching hard enough.

Anyway, it's totally better if you can't tell if any of the characters are gay. Subtlety, that's the key. If someone can watch a film and walk away not knowing that one of the characters was gay, then that's success. Invisible representation is the best representation!
    Invisable representation? Couldn't that mean none of them are gay?

Plus if you walk away from a film not knowing the sexuality of a character, then by default the characters are usually straight.
    Last edited by kevlon; 04-21-2017 at 03:54 AM.

Yeah I would rather nothing at all than the heterosexual giggling "oh my gosh you don't think..." moments. So over them

Fantastic Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Well, that sucks. That optimism I had lasted for about a minute. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Sadly I doubt it. This is the guy who was told "no space lesbians", I doubt they did a U-turn on that. Pity. Though I think his attitude is a little tone deaf. It's 2017; we are waaaaaay past "you never know, wink nudge smile"
    Wait, what? Is that for real? Who told him that?

Mighty Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Wait, what? Is that for real? Who told him that?
    That was technically just a rumour. As I recall there were two women cosplaying as Phylla-Vell and Moondragon at Comic-Con that Gunn met and he told them he'd "Love to include space lesbians, but Marvel said; no space lesbians". But I don't know if Gunn himself ever confirmed that officially.

Fantastic Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

UGH. That is depressing. I really hope it's not true. Although if it did happen back when Ike Perlmutter was calling the shots, I could totally see it being a mandate. And now that the bastard's gone, maybe things are less... awful. They did manage to finally get a female villain after he was gone, after all.

I REALLY want to hear Gunn's explanation for saying that there "might" be a gay character in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

That was technically just a rumour. As I recall there were two women cosplaying as Phylla-Vell and Moondragon at Comic-Con that Gunn met and he told them he'd "Love to include space lesbians, but Marvel said; no space lesbians". But I don't know if Gunn himself ever confirmed that officially.
    Yeah, given Gunn's personality, I am heavily inclined to believe he was being cheeky in his word choice. And that Marvel didn't tell him "No space lesbians" but instead provided him a list of characters they want him to use at this stage of development.
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah, given Gunn's personality, I am heavily inclined to believe he was being cheeky in his word choice. And that Marvel didn't tell him "No space lesbians" but instead provided him a list of characters they want him to use at this stage of development.
    Possibly. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he was specifically told there couldn't be any LGBT characters.

But anyway I'm still really curious to see what prompted him to make that comment. Is there some kind of double-entendre or another "blink and you'll miss it" moment of two people dancing together?

Possibly. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he was specifically told there couldn't be any LGBT characters.

But anyway I'm still really curious to see what prompted him to make that comment. Is there some kind of double-entendre or another "blink and you'll miss it" moment of two people dancing together?
    I'd like to believe Marvel wasn't being that bigoted about it.
    From my understanding they DO provide their respective creative teams with character lists of who can and cannot be included in their respective projects. Just like with the books, sometimes a title's writer is told which characters are off limits and/or claimed by other writers.

Well it is not surprising. When it comes to representation in general, the MCU has really sucked for the most part. I'm not expecting That to change anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Well it is not surprising. When it comes to representation in general, the MCU has really sucked for the most part. I'm not expecting That to change anytime soon.

Well, in their defense, who are they going to be able to feasibly use in the cinematic universe, as it currently stands?

Black Panther has possibilities, from a support cast stand point.
    Captain Marvel? Has an elderly lesbian friend?
    Ant Man and Wasp? <shrug>
    Spider Man? Maybe some of his classmates?
    Maybe Ragnorak's Valkyrie will prove lesbionic?

In their defense, the cinematic world being built is that of the world from yester-year's "lack of representation" comic characters. Cap. Tony. Thor. etc. It isn't until just recently, with --what are we in(?) the 3rd installment(?) that we can even conceivably introduce any LGBTQA folks. But again, who? WHO can they include? Looking at the list of heroes above? Few if any LGBTQA characters would make sense in the cinematic universe.

At this point in the game, the Space Lesbians and the Panther Lesbians are THE option, no?
    Last edited by Fokken; 04-21-2017 at 06:34 AM.