View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
562. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

17 3.02%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

10 1.78%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

16 2.85%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

31 5.52%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

27 4.80%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

30 5.34%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

31 5.52%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

51 9.07%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

32 5.69%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

79 14.06%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

43 7.65%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

16 2.85%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

26 4.63%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

36 6.41%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

117 20.82%
Page 666 of 704 FirstFirst ... 166566616656662663664665666667668669670676 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 9,990 of 10558
    Fantastic Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    But anyway I'm still really curious to see what prompted him to make that comment. Is there some kind of double-entendre or another "blink and you'll miss it" moment of two people dancing together?
    It could've been a deleted scene, too. Who knows... I hope he clarifies his comments as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'd like to believe Marvel wasn't being that bigoted about it.
    From my understanding they DO provide their respective creative teams with character lists of who can and cannot be included in their respective projects. Just like with the books, sometimes a title's writer is told which characters are off limits and/or claimed by other writers.
    I don't think it's Marvel being bigoted; I think most of the people who are involved in the creation of the stories would be more than fine with having LGBTQ characters. But the thing is, sometimes they have higher-ups that stop them. It used to be like that with Ike Perlmutter and his irrational fear of prominent and marketed female characters. And honestly, I see no other reason why Phyla and Heather would be on a ''to not include'' list. They are relevant to the story and I doubt they're going to show up anywhere else.

Well, in their defense, who are they going to be able to feasibly use in the cinematic universe, as it currently stands?

Black Panther has possibilities, from a support cast stand point.
    Captain Marvel? Has an elderly lesbian friend?
    Ant Man and Wasp? <shrug>
    Spider Man? Maybe some of his classmates?
    Maybe Ragnorak's Valkyrie will prove lesbionic?

In their defense, the cinematic world being built is that of the world from yester-year's "lack of representation" comic characters. Cap. Tony. Thor. etc. It isn't until just recently, with --what are we in(?) the 3rd installment(?) that we can even conceivably introduce any LGBTQA folks. But again, who? WHO can they include? Looking at the list of heroes above? Few if any LGBTQA characters would make sense in the cinematic universe.

At this point in the game, the Space Lesbians and the Panther Lesbians are THE option, no?
    Well, Space Lesbians and Panther Lesbians are more than enough for a good representation if done right, IMO. The Thor franchise has Valkyrie, like you said, and also Loki. And then there's Hela... I would guess she could be considered queer as well since she and Leah are supposed to be the same person. We're talking about 6/7 potential characters in just 3 movies, not to mention brand new supporting characters that can be created. I really don't buy that they're out of options.

Mighty Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

At this point in the game, the Space Lesbians and the Panther Lesbians are THE option, no?
    But apparently we're still not getting them either. Phylla-Vell and Moondragon aren't in GotG 2 and while it sounds like someone tried to included Aneka and Ayo in Black Panther, Marvel has already shot that down.

And the MCU could acknowledge that gay people exist without using gay superheroes. There has also been characters that were newly created for the movies that could have been gay, Phil Coulson could have been a gay man with a crush on Steve Rogers but they chose to make him yet another straight guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post

And the MCU could acknowledge that gay people exist without using gay superheroes.
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Ok, obviously they won't acknowledge that gay people exist aside from that one-time Tony made a double-entendre to Rhodey and Rhodey said; you had to make it "weird".

Also hey look this is the 666th page of this thread.

That is just silly. Do Hawiian people not exist in the MCU? Brazillians? Street performers? Quakers? Candlestick makers?

A lack of something doesn't mean they're refusing to acknowledge something exists.
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

That is just silly. Do Hawiian people not exist in the MCU? Brazillians? Street performers? Quakers? Candlestick makers?

A lack of something doesn't mean they're refusing to acknowledge something exists.
    Perhaps I could've expressed myself better. Not including any LGBT characters in their movies doesn't mean that LGBT people don't exist in the MCU but they're still not acknowledging LGBT people. The definition of acknowledge is; "accept or admit the existence or truth of."

And I do genuinely believe that homophobic people prefer it when movies and tv shows don't include any LGBT characters because it lets them ignore that LGBT people exist. When homophobes get upset that a book series set in the Star Wars universe includes gay characters and when JJ Abrams said that gay characters would "eventually" be included in the Star Wars movies it's because they'd prefer to think that gay people literally don't exist at all in the world of Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Clearly you weren't watching hard enough.

Anyway, it's totally better if you can't tell if any of the characters are gay. Subtlety, that's the key. If someone can watch a film and walk away not knowing that one of the characters was gay, then that's success. Invisible representation is the best representation!
    That's great. Feel free to enlighten me either here or DM. I ask that you do so with less condescendion and rudeness than this message. Look forward to hearing from you.
    I'm a fighter. I fight for normal people. But I'll never be one. I'm not a hero. Some people can't handle that.

#midnightermonday

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    That's great. Feel free to enlighten me either here or DM. I ask that you do so with less condescendion and rudeness than this message. Look forward to hearing from you.
    Maybe I shouldn't speak for Tiamatty, but I'm pretty sure he was using sarcasm to express his frustration with Marvel and the apparent lack of gay representation in the movie. I honestly don't think he intended to be rude to you.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Sorry, I was joking. It was Marvel I was being snarky about, not you. I was saying that the "well maybe one of the characters is already gay" stuff is stupid and insulting.

I've been trying to figure out more info on the possibility of an LGBT character being in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and this is what I've found;

spoilers:
    Apparently Slyvester Stallone and Michelle Yeoh play Stakar and Aleta Ogord the male and female versions of a character called Starhawk. These characters sometimes share a single body and because of a storyline where the female version controlled the male body and tried unsuccessfully to rekindle her romance with a male character some people have considered the character transgender.
    https://www.gayleague.com/starhawk-ii/
    Personally I don't really think that sounds like a trans character.
    end of spoilers

I haven't seen the movie myself so I don't know if this is the reason why Gunn made that comment.

There's also the fact that spoilers:
    Miley Cyrus plays a robotic head, that could very well be asexual.
    end of spoilers

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

Wasn't Gunn specifically asked about a GAY CHARACTER, though? Unless he took ''gay'' as an umbrella term for any sexual/gender minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    There's also the fact that spoilers:
    Miley Cyrus plays a robotic head, that could very well be asexual.
    end of spoilers
    Seriously? I didn't know that was in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Wasn't Gunn specifically asked about a GAY CHARACTER, though? Unless he took ''gay'' as an umbrella term for any sexual/gender minority.
    All of the articles online about what Gunn said only directly quote Gunn's response, they never use the actual quote of what the interviewer asked, they simply state that he was asked about a "gay protagonist". So I suppose it's possible that the interviewer's wording was different.

Also when I thought about Gunn's response more I realized I focused mostly on the fact that he said; “We might have already done that. I say watch the movie. Check it out. See what you think.” And how that sounds so non-committal, like he knows that it's not really in the movie but maybe some people will interpret it that way.

But what is the most telling about his quote was the first part; “Absolutely. I would love to be able to.” I would love to be able to. Think about that.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

If Adam is coming, maybe Moonstone wont be far off - there are 5 after credits scenes after all - maybe someone appears there?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    If Adam is coming, maybe Moonstone wont be far off - there are 5 after credits scenes after all - maybe someone appears there?
    I think you meant Moondragon, right? Anyway, these are the 5 post-credit scenes... SPOILERS, obviously:

http://furiousfanboys.com/2017/04/ma...redits-scenes/

There is no mention of Moondragon or any other openly LGBTQ character that I know of. They did set up spoilers:
    Adam Warlock for possibly the 3rd movie
    end of spoilers, so I hope you're right and Heather (alongside Phyla) is not far behind. Man, I'm gonna be SO disappointed if the GOTG trilogy ends without a single glimpse of these two. :\