View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

18 3.05%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

10 1.69%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

16 2.71%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

32 5.42%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

31 5.25%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

31 5.25%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

34 5.76%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

52 8.81%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

32 5.42%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

86 14.58%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

46 7.80%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

16 2.71%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

27 4.58%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

37 6.27%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

122 20.68%
Page 762 of 762 FirstFirst ... 262662712752758759760761762
Results 11,416 to 11,423 of 11423

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, the first 3 episodes of Runaways are out in Hulu btw. Relevant gifs:

The thirst is real lol.
    Awesome .

You've got to be f*cking kidding me. As if a mutant Nazi wasnt enough, now Kologoth (villain in X-Men Gold) is....gay?????

I actually had today off, so earlier than usual: The Week In Gay!

Generation X #9 has more Ben/Nate feels. Strain is trying to kill me with those two. This is attempted murder. I just want to make that known, Christina Strain is an attempted murderer. Anyway, I love them. There's also Roxy, and a scene between her and Mercury that makes me think the stuff Wood set up with them is going to be brought back here. So that's neat. (There's also a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo of Graymalkin.)

Royals #11 had Swain somehow mentally communicate with Ash so they could talk about their feelings for each other. Swain said she loves Ash, and Ash said she can't feel happy or sad, but Swain's presence makes her life better, and if it's not love, well, Inhumans get to define things for themselves anyway.

X-Men Gold #16, as noted, showed that the monster villain is gay. It also had a bit of Anole.

And I might be wrong, but in Moon Girl #25, it looked like there was a lesbian couple picking up their kid from school.

And I think that's it.

Thank you for once again gracing us with 'The Week In Gay". Really is something to look forward to + entices me to pick up other titles just for the sake of some LGBT+ content (or supporting LGBT+ creators).

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    X-Men Gold #16, as noted, showed that the monster villain is gay. It also had a bit of Anole.
    Maybe Guggenheim is more tone-deaf than we thought. Has the moron ever heard of the pink triangle?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя₯ Tycon View Post
    Thank you for once again gracing us with 'The Week In Gay". Really is something to look forward to + entices me to pick up other titles just for the sake of some LGBT+ content (or supporting LGBT+ creators).

Maybe Guggenheim is more tone-deaf than we thought. Has the moron ever heard of the pink triangle?
    I try.

As for Guggenheim, he does seem to have a bit of a mixed history when it comes to LGBTQ+ representation. He did create Graymalkin, a gay character. And I think he's used gay characters in other books. And he does seem to really like Anole, having used him as a major character in Young X-Men, and making him a pretty regular extra in Gold. But yeah, making the monster villain gay is an odd choice.

I do feel it's always important to remember, also, that Marc Guggenheim is a sexist prick. (Grace DeVoll, who worked with Guggenheim, outright said that he hates women. And here's an entire thread of Guggenheim being awful.) So the fact that, while writing a book whose main cast is canonically straight, and actually going out of his way to push het romances (even hooking Rachel up with Kurt, just as an extra "SHE'S DEFINITELY TOTALLY STRAIGHT, GUYS!" bit), he decided, "Hey, why don't I take the monster-looking villain who I'd previously shown with distinct Nazi undertones, and make him gay?" - yeah, it's not surprising at all.

Anyway, I wish Guggenheim would be removed, and replaced by someone who isn't a hack and a jackass. Get a damn woman of colour on this shit already. Let the main X-title be done by someone who actually understands, first-hand, the realities of insitutionalized oppression. And someone who cares about intersectionality! The X-Men franchise sucks at that! Get someone who can actually handle it!

Bleh.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by th€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя₯ Tycon[/QUOTE
    I'd like to second that. I find it a really helpful resource, helping to keep aware of LGBT character appearances in titles I don't normally follow. Thanks again for doing these, Tiamatty!

Quote Originally Posted by th€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя₯ Tycon[/QUOTE
    In principle I am not opposed to having gay villains--there's no reason we shouldn't be able to have LGBT villains as well as heroes, supporting players, etc.

As for the Nazi angle, I agree that at first glance it seems odd/unlikely...but even in real life there were gay Nazis and fascists, so it is actually a lot more plausible than one might think, unfortunately.

I actually had today off, so earlier than usual: The Week In Gay!

Generation X #9 has more Ben/Nate feels. Strain is trying to kill me with those two. This is attempted murder. I just want to make that known, Christina Strain is an attempted murderer. Anyway, I love them. There's also Roxy, and a scene between her and Mercury that makes me think the stuff Wood set up with them is going to be brought back here. So that's neat. (There's also a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo of Graymalkin.)

Royals #11 had Swain somehow mentally communicate with Ash so they could talk about their feelings for each other. Swain said she loves Ash, and Ash said she can't feel happy or sad, but Swain's presence makes her life better, and if it's not love, well, Inhumans get to define things for themselves anyway.

And I might be wrong, but in Moon Girl #25, it looked like there was a lesbian couple picking up their kid from school.

And I think that's it.
    A few more....

ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #27 continued the "Orphans Of X" arc guest starring Daken!

CABLE #151 has appearances by Shatterstar and Doop (but it is a time-displaced Shatterstar from before he came out--but whether he knows it or not, he's still technically an LGBT character). Shatterstar and Cable get to show off their abs too, in a random gratuitous shirtless scene.

I see there was a new issue of BLACK PANTHER as well, but I'm not sure if the Midnight Angels turned up or not?

So the fact that, while writing a book whose main cast is canonically straight, and actually going out of his way to push het romances (even hooking Rachel up with Kurt, just as an extra "SHE'S DEFINITELY TOTALLY STRAIGHT, GUYS!" bit)
    To be fair, although Rachel has had a healthy dose of LGBT subtext over the years (as is her birthright as a Claremont-woman), all of her official on-panel romantic or sexual relationships have been heterosexual--including a past hint of attraction between her and Kurt. So I don't think this is him pushing a bias in terms of sexuality--I think this is him pushing a bias in terms of pairings from the past that he was a fan of (Kurt/Rachel, Kitty/Colossus) and pushing them forward again even if the characters had previously moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя₯ Tycon View Post
    You've got to be f*cking kidding me. As if a mutant Nazi wasnt enough, now Kologoth (villain in X-Men Gold) is....gay?????
    Homosexuals can't be villains too?
    Last edited by ZNOP; Today at 09:00 PM.
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #27 continued the "Orphans Of X" arc guest starring Daken!
    Why do I keep forgetting this book?! I get it every month. I love it every month. And this is the second issue in a row where I forgot to include it. Argh!

CABLE #151 has appearances by Shatterstar and Doop (but it is a time-displaced Shatterstar from before he came out--but whether he knows it or not, he's still technically an LGBT character). Shatterstar and Cable get to show off their abs too, in a random gratuitous shirtless scene.
    Mad at myself for forgetting this one, too.

I see there was a new issue of BLACK PANTHER as well, but I'm not sure if the Midnight Angels turned up or not?
    They didn't, sadly. Still a good issue.

To be fair, although Rachel has had a healthy dose of LGBT subtext over the years (as is her birthright as a Claremont-woman), all of her official on-panel romantic or sexual relationships have been heterosexual--including a past hint of attraction between her and Kurt. So I don't think this is him pushing a bias in terms of sexuality--I think this is him pushing a bias in terms of pairings from the past that he was a fan of (Kurt/Rachel, Kitty/Colossus) and pushing them forward again even if the characters had previously moved on.
    Yeah, it's Guggenheim being a total hack with no original ideas of his own, and so just copying what Claremont did, without understanding why people liked what Claremont did.

I really, really do not like Marc Guggenheim, or his run on X-Men Gold.