View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
648. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

18 2.78%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.85%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

19 2.93%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

37 5.71%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

33 5.09%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

33 5.09%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

37 5.71%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

55 8.49%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

35 5.40%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

98 15.12%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

52 8.02%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

19 2.93%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

33 5.09%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

40 6.17%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

127 19.60%
Page 795 of 841 FirstFirst ... 295695745785791792793794795796797798799805 ... LastLast
Results 11,911 to 11,925 of 12603

My headcanon about Billy and Tommy's powers is that it comes from the fact that their souls are actually parts of Mephisto lol. Technically they're like demonic children. I wish that would be explored. And their actual specific powers(magic/reality warping and super speed) comes from Wanda relating the fact she was having twins with herself and Pietro, kind of a subconscious thing.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 02-12-2018 at 03:52 PM.

It could have been a good story if Billy or Tommy were revealed as trans. The souls of Wanda’s twin boys.. what if one of them ended up in the body of a female when they were reincarnated? I saw a fan comic Aud Koch (who does great Billy/Teddy fanart) made of Billy coming out as trans to his parents (ofc in the Kaplan way were wonderfully accepting). By now I feel like it’s a missed opportunity but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    My headcanon about Billy and Tommy's powers is that it comes from the fact that their souls are actually parts of Mephisto lol. Technically they're like demonic children. I wish that would be explored. And their actual specific powers(magic/reality warping and super speed) comes from Wanda relating the fact she was having twins with herself and Pietro, kind of a subconscious thing.
    That makes sense I guess. Would that mean they're destined for hell then? If they're apart of Mephisto, their souls would return from whence they came right? And yeah I suspect the powers came about from Wanda's reality warping and a subconcious imprint upon the twins, making them very much like herself and Pietro.

I like that theory. I actually forgot about there souls being apart of Mephisto. Family tree just gets more fucked up! Doesn't that mean the twins have like 4 dads? Lets see first Mr Kaplan/Mr Shepherd, then Vision, you could throw in Wonderman too probably because of the connection to Vision, and now Mephisto as a soul donor! Imagine them all at one table! Woo that would be a messy little dinner.

Side note Mephisto would be a great nemesis for Billy and or Tommy.

Also I just remembered future Sorcerer Supreme Billy was an X-Men, so yeah the mutant thing still in the air.
    Last edited by Journey; 02-12-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    That makes sense I guess. Would that mean they're destined for hell then? If they're apart of Mephisto, their souls would return from whence they came right? And yeah I suspect the powers came about from Wanda's reality warping and a subconcious imprint upon the twins, making them very much like herself and Pietro.
    I'm not even sure what's the canon right now. Originally Wanda's kids stopped existing because their souls went back to being part of Mephisto. But then they were reincarnated... I don't think anyone thought that much about the whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I like that theory. I actually forgot about there souls being apart of Mephisto. Family tree just gets more fucked up! Doesn't that mean the twins have like 4 dads? Lets see first Mr Kaplan/Mr Sheperd, then Vision, you could throw in Wonderman too probably because of the connection to Vision, and now Mephisto as a soul donor! Imagine them all at one table! Woo that would be a messy little dinner.

Side not Mephisto would be a great nemesis for Billy and or Tommy.

Also I just remembered future Sorcerer Supreme Billy was an X-Men, so yeah the mutant thing still in the air.
    LOL. But Vision and Simon are considered brothers, so he would be their uncle. And thinking about that, both of them have some relation to their uncles. Speed is pretty much a Quicksilver Jr, and Billy was named after Wonder Man, and their color scheme is lowkey similar.

Yeah, that's my headcanon as well until proven otherwise. The fact that they are the reincarnation of two beings that were created purely from a demonic essence would absolutely explain why they have powers. The X-Gene explanation is ok, but I never got why some people associate that with Wanda, considering they are not her biological children. If they naturally inherited the X-Gene, it was from the Kaplans/Shepherds, not Wanda.

Remember that scene between Ayo and Okoye in the Black Panther movie that was described as ''flirty'' by the Vanity Fair reporter, and then Marvel had her edit her article to clarify the scene didn't have any romantic context? Now the screenwriter of the movie is claiming he doesn't even remember if the scene ever existed, LMAO.

http://comicbook.com/2018/02/12/blac...e-gay-lesbian/

I'm fully expecting the scene to not be in the final cut, specially with the screenwriter playing the forgetful card. It's probably their way to sweep it under the rug. So much for a movie that's being promoted and praised because of its ''diversity''.

~~~

Shatterstar was confirmed in Deadpool 2, though:

https://www.inverse.com/amp/article/...ar-terry-crews

I'm not even sure what's the canon right now. Originally Wanda's kids stopped existing because their souls went back to being part of Mephisto. But then they were reincarnated... I don't think anyone thought that much about the whole situation.

LOL. But Vision and Simon are considered brothers, so he would be their uncle. And thinking about that, both of them have some relation to their uncles. Speed is pretty much a Quicksilver Jr, and Billy was named after Wonder Man, and their color scheme is lowkey similar.
    Huh. I mean, some reality warping chaos was going on, so who knows what the status quo is right now. Definitely a strange scenario. Is some part of them still attached to Mephisto?

Yeah, I've often imagined what the dinner table at Thanksgiving would look like. You've got Scarlet Witch and Vision, their children being Billy, Tommy and Viv. Visions 'brother' is Wonder Man. Wanda's brother is Pietro. Pietro's child is Luna Maximoff. Visions father is Ultron, who in turn has two wives (Jocasta and Alkhema, based upon the brain patterns of Wasp + Mockingbird). Ultron also has a son in Victor Mancha. Ultron's father is Hank Pym. Then you've got Magneto, who should at least be credited as a father figure for Wanda + Pietro. He has his own daughter, Lorna. The family tree just gets bigger and bigger, and ten times more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Huh. I mean, some reality warping chaos was going on, so who knows what the status quo is right now. Definitely a strange scenario. Is some part of them still attached to Mephisto?

Yeah, I've often imagined what the dinner table at Thanksgiving would look like. You've got Scarlet Witch and Vision, their children being Billy, Tommy and Viv. Visions 'brother' is Wonder Man. Wanda's brother is Pietro. Pietro's child is Luna Maximoff. Visions father is Ultron, who in turn has two wives (Jocasta and Alkhema, based upon the brain patterns of Wasp + Mockingbird). Ultron also has a son in Victor Mancha. Ultron's father is Hank Pym. Then you've got Magneto, who should at least be credited as a father figure for Wanda + Pietro. He has his own daughter, Lorna. The family tree just gets bigger and bigger, and ten times more complicated.
    Add Nadya on there on the Hank/Ultron part. And she took Janet's surname, so she would probably be there too. Wanda and Pietro wouldn't want Magneto on there though, after they found out he wasn't their dad seems like they cut strings completely. He wasn't really a father figure as they were raised by the Maximoffs.

Add Nadya on there on the Hank/Ultron part. And she took Janet's surname, so she would probably be there too. Wanda and Pietro wouldn't want Magneto on there though after they found out he wasn't their dad seems like they cut strings completely. He wasn't really a father figure as they were raised by the Maximoffs.
    Oh right. Huh, so regarding Champions, Nadia and Viv are... cousins? I don't even claim to understand. And yeah Wasp is Jocasta's 'sister' which I mentioned too. I think it's tragic Wanda + Pietro seem to have abandoned him. Even if not their father, he still loved them in his own way, and they've been in each other's lives for years. Cutting ties is a little cold. Same goes for Lorna, who seemingly has lost contact with her 'siblings'. Damn I thought my family was complicated.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Remember that scene between Ayo and Okoye in the Black Panther movie that was described as ''flirty'' by the Vanity Fair reporter, and then Marvel had her edit her article to clarify the scene didn't have any romantic context? Now the screenwriter of the movie is claiming he doesn't even remember if the scene ever existed, LMAO.

http://comicbook.com/2018/02/12/blac...e-gay-lesbian/

I'm fully expecting the scene to not be in the final cut, specially with the screenwriter playing the forgetful card. It's probably their way to sweep it under the rug. So much for a movie that's being promoted and praised because of its ''diversity''.

~~~

Shatterstar was confirmed in Deadpool 2, though:

https://www.inverse.com/amp/article/...ar-terry-crews
    I was just coming here to mention the Black Panther scene getting cut. Disappointed but not at all surprised, it's going to be a loooooooooong time before we see openly gay characters in any of the see popular movies.

I highly doubt Shatterstar's sexuality will be mentioned in Deadpool 2.

I think Shatterstar has the best chance just due to the tone of the Deadpool films. It might not be anything serious, but I could see something like Wade giving Shatty a Bugs Bunny kiss, obvs played for laughs, then having Shatty either return it later or ask if they can do it again or some such.

This Week's Comics: Manifest Destiny #35, Animosity #14

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

The movie Shatterstar looks like a Liefeld style extreme dude bro version of 'Star, so I wouldnt bet on his sexuality being mentioned
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Woohoo!

I agree, I'd love to see Billy and Teddy move on to do some more exploration of the Ewing set up with Teddy as space King Arthur. It might work out poorly for their relationship - as Billy would need to play the part of Guinevere eventually, if they kept up the analogy - but it's an easy change to the ending to have it be that the Lancelot characters is exploiting Billy and then he realises he's being used and he just wants Teddy and they come back together for a glorious moment - the drama, the angst, the spectacle, the cameos.....but alas, Iceman selling poorly means Marvel are unlikely to take a punt on a gay lead again for a while.

Kate seems to be the biggest success story. Kelly Thompson wrote a brilliant series, and I hope she gets the chance to write some bigger things, and maybe bring Kate along.
    Its sad that a canceled series is our crew's biggest success story -- although said series IS exceptional and I'll miss it dearly.
    I'd still very much love to see a DUO book -- be it Billy and Teddy, gay COUPLE taking on their destinies OR Billy and Tommy, brothers reconnecting to understand their how/why.

I'm still very much in support of them being mutants -- and I fully acknowledge my X-Men BIAS as the reasoning.

There are many mutants out there who tap into extradimensional energy sources ( Nightcrawler, for example, teleports by way of displacing himself into an adjacent dimension -- hence the sound and odor effect) as their primary "mutant power" and my thought with Billy and Tommy is that each of them is accessing/harnessing such sources --- as conduits for space/time, respectively -- which I doubly enjoy because of their being twins and space/time feeling very "paired".

I realize this is likely putting waaaaaaaaaaaay too much complicated(?) thought into their power source narrative but, I would definitely agree that Wanda's powers influenced their respective mirroring of she and Pietro's abilities, but said abilities translate differently than their Mother and Uncle.

Billy, for example, in my mind, is breaching space/(reality) barriers, rather than "shaping reality". He is subconsciously (with greater and greater ease) cherry picking dimensional energies for a variety of results -- force fields, lightning/electrical-current approximations, spatial/energy signature awareness (locator spell), transmutation etc -- which is why I'd love to see him study under a variety of Magicians/Sorcerers/Witches (Clea, Voodoo, Illyana, etc) to better understand these sources he's tapping into.
    Disclaimer: This explanation spiraled out of one of Bendis's (What? For real??) Uncanny X-Men stories involving Illyana and Dormamu and interdimensional energy siphoning.
    And whereas Billy is breaching "space", I feel that Tommy is breaching "time" -- relativistic time manipultion --effectively accelerating his own personal time field, granting him all the traditional(?) benefits/feats that come with having super speed.

Forgive the rambling/derailment.
    Last edited by Fokken; 02-13-2018 at 06:20 AM.
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Whether Wiccan and Speed are mutants or not depends on what their origin actually is and whether they are actually genetically related to Wanda.

At the moment I believe the explanation is that they are the souls of Wanda and Vision's twins, sent back in time and born to regular humans. But that doesn't explain why Billy and Tommy are identical to each other or why Magneto seemed to believe they shared a physical resemblance to a younger Wanda and Pietro. There has to be a genetic component to their relationship to Wanda.
    And if there is a genetic component, say Wanda's DNA overrode the genetics of the Kaplans and Shepherds when their souls were reincarnated there, then their mutant status would depend on if Wanda and Pietro have the X-gene or not (which is up in the air at best)

Personally I think Wanda unwittingly created Billy and Tommy at the height of her power, retrieved their souls from wherever they were, altered memories and gave them the normal lives and families she never could. And if that's the case then she would have created them when she thought she was a mutant so she could have made them with the X-gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    That’s exactly what Rowell is doing. She basically spelled it out on page. I can get behind it. I just hope we get some insight on what changed for Nico and why Karolina has become a missed opportunity for her. I’m glad we’ll see more of Karolina’s relationship with Julie soon. Curious how it’ll be depicted.

I do hope the Xavin plot thread is resolved but I do not want Xavin and Karolina to get back together at this point.

Xavin is not trans (according to Xavin, the Skrull don’t have gender) and would be closer to gender fluid. But as Xavin only initially took a female body to please Karolina, the whole thing was pretty problematic. Not exactly what I’d call great representation tbh.
    The way Xavin has been portrayed may be problematic but ignoring the character and sweeping them under the rug doesn't fix that.
    Xavin initially took a female form for Karolina's sake, but they learned something about themself in the process. Xavin enjoyed being a woman with Karolina, and they may not have discovered that part of themself without her. It's messy and it's not the ideal portrayal of a genderqueer character. But there's potential there for an interesting story analogous to someone needing an outside push to start exploring their gender identity.

And frankly I'm not crazy about Julie and Karolina's relationship since we've been told it's a good relationship more than shown. It feels very shallow. They've held hands and kissed while flying a few times, wow.