View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
568. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

17 2.99%
  • BLING! [Roxanne Roxy Washington]

10 1.76%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

16 2.82%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

31 5.46%
  • HULKLING [Theodore Teddy Altman]

27 4.75%
  • KARMA [Xian Coy Mahn]

31 5.46%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

31 5.46%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

51 8.98%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

32 5.63%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

82 14.44%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

43 7.57%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

16 2.82%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

27 4.75%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

36 6.34%
  • WICCAN [William Billy Kaplan], the Demiurge

118 20.77%
Page 718 of 718 FirstFirst ... 218618668708714715716717718
Results 10,756 to 10,764 of 10764

The Week In Gay!

America #5, of course. Kate Bishop! Kate and America are the very best of besties. Also, America gets a message from a girl she used to know. A friend who could've been something more. It's a really good issue.

USAvengers #8 focuses on Toni, and it's great. Really highlights her intelligence, her determination, and her complex feelings about her father sacrificing himself for Toni Stark. Aikku is also present in the issue, but doesn't do much. Faiza Hussein, Excalibur, is also in the issue, and she's awesome. I know she's not gay, but she's still awesome and deserves to be recognized for that.

Ultimates #9 has America access a dimension of pure concussive force that takes the form of red beams. She jumped through the dimension Cyclops' optic beams come from! That's amazing!

Astonishing X-Men #1 had Fantomex present, but probably no hints about his sexuality, though some of his interactions with Gambit could be read as flirtatious. Or just attempts at pissing Gambit off. Could go either way, really.

Royals #5 has plenty of Noh-Varr being awesome, though nothing related to him being bi. Swain is present, but does little.

Raz Maholtra exists in Secret Empire #6.

And as far as I can gather, that's basically it.

It's not Marvel, and I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I would assume that Insexts #12 is brilliant and super-gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    America #5, of course. Kate Bishop! Kate and America are the very best of besties. Also, America gets a message from a girl she used to know. A friend who could've been something more. It's a really good issue.
    This issue was so good and in-character and interesting! I really wish the series had cut out the college stuff and reworked the plot to start with this as either the opener or second issue. It's so much stronger than anything we've gotten so far, and I think it would have helped the book's reception somewhat.

This Week's Comics: America #5, Declaration #1, Lazarus X+66 #1, Kill the Minotaur #2, Heroines #2, Night's Dominion v 1, The Woods v 7, Gundam Wing: Glory of the Losers 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Ugh. I guess I saw this coming, a long time ago.
    "Cra cuervos y te sacarn los ojos."

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    This issue was so good and in-character and interesting! I really wish the series had cut out the college stuff and reworked the plot to start with this as either the opener or second issue. It's so much stronger than anything we've gotten so far, and I think it would have helped the book's reception somewhat.
    Uhh...... I too wish the college plot was never a thing, and that opening with America and Kate bonding etc would have been a stronger intro, but this most recent issue STILL suffers (albeit less so) from the SAME. <EXPLETIVE>. PROBLEMS. Yes. Its strongER, but its still got these over the top soap box moments that are supplying America's critics with more ammunition to cry "SJW STRIKES AGAIN!"

The continued stretching of the audience's suspension of disbelief is just plain disheartening. I'll spoiler tag so as not so ruin(?) it for those who've not read:
    spoilers:
    (1) A TELEPORTER breaking up with her girlfriend over the topic of "long distance" (2) A previously poised and calculated young woman no rushes headfirst -- nay -- FISTS first -- into every scenario presented (3) America wants answers about her past -- and is confronted by a woman claiming to be from said past -- only to have America opt OUT of talking to her, because she doesn't want to make the time??? (4) Upon FLYING out of Kate's very sexy car to catch her former falling crush from yesteryear, she instructs Kate to maneuver said sexy car appropriately for her to land in??? You're FLYING, America. Kate need not maneuver a dang thing. (5) More preachy soap boxing at odd intervals that are so clearly addressing the reader rather than being appropriate dialogue suitable for the circumstances in which they are expressed (6) Lastly/Most currently - to Quote Sia/Guetta: "I'm BULLET PROOF. Nothing to Lose. Fire Away. Fire Away" -- but sure, a stealthy stab with a syringe is happening. Cool.
    end of spoilers

I had high hopes after seeing the preview and there was an unexpected amount of enjoyment in this issue -- largely thanks to the inclusion of Kate -- but I'm in danger of my retina getting detached from all this eye rolling.
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

There's hella sexual tension in Astonishing X-Men. Especially Between Remy and Fanto:

Remy: Keep it up.

Fanto: I always do. Ask anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah. Could be resentment over the lack of rescue in Avengers Arena or something.
    Yeah, you'd think everyone involved would be reasonably trautized and betrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    There's hella sexual tension in Astonishing X-Men. Especially Between Remy and Fanto:

Remy: Keep it up.

Fanto: I always do. Ask anyone.
    Thank god it's not just me. C'mon Soule. It's the only way to piss off more people than IvX!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The continued stretching of the audience's suspension of disbelief is just plain disheartening. I'll spoiler tag so as not so ruin(?) it for those who've not read:
    spoilers:
    (1) A TELEPORTER breaking up with her girlfriend over the topic of "long distance" (2) A previously poised and calculated young woman no rushes headfirst -- nay -- FISTS first -- into every scenario presented (3) America wants answers about her past -- and is confronted by a woman claiming to be from said past -- only to have America opt OUT of talking to her, because she doesn't want to make the time??? (4) Upon FLYING out of Kate's very sexy car to catch her former falling crush from yesteryear, she instructs Kate to maneuver said sexy car appropriately for her to land in??? You're FLYING, America. Kate need not maneuver a dang thing. (5) More preachy soap boxing at odd intervals that are so clearly addressing the reader rather than being appropriate dialogue suitable for the circumstances in which they are expressed (6) Lastly/Most currently - to Quote Sia/Guetta: "I'm BULLET PROOF. Nothing to Lose. Fire Away. Fire Away" -- but sure, a stealthy stab with a syringe is happening. Cool.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Out of all of those, the drama with Lisa is the one that makes me grumble most. I can like, handwave away that if someone wants to kidnap MAC, they're handing out adamantium-tipped syringes or something. But the break-up was a lot of stupidity that went nowhere. There's not even any self-awareness.
    end of spoilers

This Week's Comics: America #5, Declaration #1, Lazarus X+66 #1, Kill the Minotaur #2, Heroines #2, Night's Dominion v 1, The Woods v 7, Gundam Wing: Glory of the Losers 1

I'm just back from Spiderman: Homecoming and I gotta ask, what the hell were you guys talking about? Flash wasn't gay in the movie. Like at all. Not even ambiguously. He slapped Peter on the ass, yes. But that was a jock thing.
    There was one fey kid talking with love interest about which Avenger she'd fuck/marry/kill, but that was it. Flash wasn't gay.
    Thankfully too, because Flash in any incarnation is a shitty scumbag, but that's beside the point. I do agree that for a movie that went out of its way to have racial diversity, as usual the sexual diversity was abysmal. It really does seem like Marvel Studios just actively doesn't want LGBT people represented in their movies. So annoying.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'm just back from Spiderman: Homecoming and I gotta ask, what the hell were you guys talking about? Flash wasn't gay in the movie. Like at all. Not even ambiguously. He slapped Peter on the ass, yes. But that was a jock thing.
    There was one fey kid talking with love interest about which Avenger she'd fuck/marry/kill, but that was it. Flash wasn't gay.
    Thankfully too, because Flash in any incarnation is a shitty scumbag, but that's beside the point. I do agree that for a movie that went out of its way to have racial diversity, as usual the sexual diversity was abysmal. It really does seem like Marvel Studios just actively doesn't want LGBT people represented in their movies. So annoying.
    Err, what's the news really? There's honestly not much reason to think they would include any LGBT character right now. Maybe after Avengers 4, but I wouldn't be counting on it.