View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

17 2.91%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

10 1.71%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

16 2.74%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

32 5.48%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

31 5.31%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

31 5.31%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

33 5.65%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

52 8.90%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

32 5.48%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

85 14.55%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

44 7.53%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

16 2.74%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

27 4.62%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

37 6.34%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

121 20.72%
Page 749 of 749 FirstFirst ... 249649699739745746747748749
Results 11,221 to 11,224 of 11224

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    If the first movie is based on the Demon Bear Saga, and that's the speculation, then Karma wasn't a part of that story anyway. I love Karma, she's one of my favourite characters, but honestly, if you're making a New Mutants movie, she is the one who's easiest to leave out, because she did the least in the series. She's never really gotten the attention she deserves. Liu did some good stuff with her in Astonishing, but other than that, Karma's never done much. Which sucks. Because she's awesome.

As for the trailer, I liked it. New Mutants could get pretty damn freaky at times. I mean, during Secret Wars II, the entire team was killed. And then we got a couple issues about them suffering PTSD. One of the members of the team was a demon sorceress. It was not really a happy-go-lucky book, most of the time. From the time Illyana joined the team, it got dark. And then Bill Sienkewicz took over the art duties, and it got dark.

Yeah, the New Mutants teaser I immediately thought "Ah the Demon Bear Saga.. I hope it's Rated R" when I saw it lol

Favorite official LGBT Marvel character.. Karma is great.

But I think I'm tainted on the subject because in my childhood mind in my headcannon, I always placed Jubilee and X-23 in the first LGBT pairing I had the fondest memories of in the comics. Their story just resonated with me in such a wonderful way, and the friendship/closeness they established in that issue and the follow up issues, kind of established in my mind, that those two in that series anyway were perfect for one another. At that time I had no idea what a "ship" was. But I was happy to see it, and in my mind, Jubilee and X-23 in that comic series is always going to be my favorite LGBT pairing. Even though MARVEL didn't take the chance when they had the opportunity. I still consider the two of them it =P

Besides I rewrote the comic years later and put them together as a pair anyway, so it's fine now lol

So yeah, those two will be my forever first head-cannon LGBT couple. ^_^

But in terms of those whom are actually canon as in Marvel actually went through with it... Karma is absolutely amazing!!!!
    Last edited by Majesty; Yesterday at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Favorite official LGBT Marvel character.. Karma is great.

But I think I'm tainted on the subject because in my childhood mind in my headcannon, I always placed Jubilee and X-23 in the first LGBT pairing I had the fondest memories of in the comics. Their story just resonated with me in such a wonderful way, and the friendship/closeness they established in that issue and the follow up issues, kind of established in my mind, that those two in that series anyway were perfect for one another. At that time I had no idea what a "ship" was. But I was happy to see it, and in my mind, Jubilee and X-23 in that comic series is always going to be my favorite LGBT pairing. Even though MARVEL didn't take the chance when they had the opportunity. I still consider the two of them it =P

Besides I rewrote the comic years later and put them together as a pair anyway, so it's fine now lol

So yeah, those two will be my forever first head-cannon LGBT couple. ^_^

But in terms of those whom are actually canon as in Marvel actually went through with it... Karma is absolutely amazing!!!!
    Yeah, Laura and Jubilee had some definite romantic undertones. And overtones. Just tones, really. Shame they weren't a confirmed romantic couple. Now Jubilee's beeing kinda-shippy with Chamber, and they're really cute, but Jubilee/Laura just had a weight to it. (Side note: I actually really like the idea of Jubilee as a bi-romantic asexual. I just think Jubilee would be a great option for an asexual character.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Yeah, Laura and Jubilee had some definite romantic undertones. And overtones. Just tones, really. Shame they weren't a confirmed romantic couple. Now Jubilee's beeing kinda-shippy with Chamber, and they're really cute, but Jubilee/Laura just had a weight to it. (Side note: I actually really like the idea of Jubilee as a bi-romantic asexual. I just think Jubilee would be a great option for an asexual character.)
    I think that Jubilee would be great for an a bi-romantic asexual character, but I also think X-23 would be great as a pansexual Mainly because as I had rewritten above in the arc with the relationship with Jubilee that I did but didn't show up there cause its a bunch of pages. Laura was trying to come to terms with what she felt emotionally. Mainly because it wasn't a "I'm attracted to women now and I can't deal with it" kind of thing, it was a "I feel something for Jubilee" kind of thing and the emotional grip she felt when they'd kissed, which confused her because nothing had ever felt that way before. It wasn't an "attraction to women" thing, it was an "connection to Jubilee". As in if it wasn't Jubilee, she wouldn't have felt anything, male or female, in that scenario wasn't the factor, it was the fact it was Jubilee.

One of the main reasons I wrote it that way, was because I always felt that Laura, given the nature of her story and everything else, wouldn't be someone whose emotions were tied to someone else's gender, in fact I always felt that those kind of things would be irrelevant to her. Which is why I always felt she'd be pansexual. It was more the "why" she felt that way Jubilee that puzzled her. In the story, she knew Jubilee 'loved' her, so she always referenced it from the perspective of Jubilee feeling that way, but she herself was still pondering why she was feeling that kind of way about Jubilee. "Why" does she feel things for/love Jubilee, and "why" does it feel the way it does when things escalate, because it had nothing to do with her(Jubilee's) gender or Laura's attraction to it. Because to Laura, I'd figure gender wouldn't matter. It was something I felt further tied into her growth as a character and understanding "choice" on a different kind of level as well as all the other ones she was discovering at that time in her story arc. Which is why, at the end when it's finally and with understanding reciprocated from Laura as she had discovered it over the course of the events in the story, it made it that much stronger. As well as strengthening Laura's understanding of choice.

This was why I rewrote it the way I did when I came back to the arc years later. Here's some of it if you'd like to check it out: https://imgur.com/a/NNtrw.

But yes, I truly love that idea =) Jubilee as a bi-romantic asexual, and it goes very much with my ideas towards Laura as a pansexual. So great conversation on that =D

Now there is someone who doesn't get much mention as an LGBT character, maybe because Marvel doesn't spearhead her as one, though they should, as she's my favorite over Karma tbh, just wish Marvel spearheaded it more, considering how big of a character Psylocke is, especially given she's getting movie attention finally.