Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: Which Classic X-Men Story Do You Want to See Adapted for the Big Sceen?

Which Classic X-Men Story Do You Want to See Adapted for the Big Sceen?

"Days of Future Past" was just the latest X-Men film to be adapted from a famous storyline, following in the footsteps of "God Loves, Man Kills," "The Dark Phoenix Saga" and "Gifted." Now, which famous X-Men storyline would you most like to see adapted following "X-Men: Apocalypse?"

Vote on the poll here.

The Dark Phoenix Saga.

Apocalypse, it looks likely now.
    'I will shed all of this skin to the very bone beneath it, if that's what it will take for you to come to the realisation that appearance is not what makes a human beautiful'

The Dark Phoenix Saga - Because Last Stand was definitely not it!
    You don't have to break it to fix it.

X-Tinction Agenda
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I voted for the Mutant Massacre. Loved the storyline when it came out. And its easily translatable to film

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    The Dark Phoenix Saga - Because Last Stand was definitely not it!
    It sure a shell wasn't gifted either. Which is what they stole heavily from.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

Just a whole movie of Wolverine getting into bar fights. I'm sure there must be a comic of that somewhere in the X-Men's history right?
    Current Monthly Pulls (though I buy a ton of trades as well all the time):
    DC: Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger, Trinity of Sin: Pandora, Justice League, Justice League United, Constantine, Justice League Dark, Smallville Season 11 Minis
    Marvel: Avengers, New Avengers, Avengers World, Original Sin

Favourite DC Characters: 1- Supergirl 2- Pandora 3- Red Lantern Bleez 4- Batgirl (Babs) 5- Larfleeze 6- Green Arrow

Hyped for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

I think Mutant Massacre would make for good movie.

Yeah, I'd love to see the Dark Phoenix sage done right, including the Hellfire saga, Dazzler, and end it with Kitty showing up at the mansion.

However, am I the only one who'd like to see a brand new original story just for the movies? All of these adaptations are beginning to wear thin; we already know how they all ended, with a certain amount of uncertainty due to the screenwriter's take.

Quote Originally Posted by elect1cgoblin View Post
    Yeah, I'd love to see the Dark Phoenix sage done right, including the Hellfire saga, Dazzler, and end it with Kitty showing up at the mansion.

However, am I the only one who'd like to see a brand new original story just for the movies? All of these adaptations are beginning to wear thin; we already know how they all ended, with a certain amount of uncertainty due to the screenwriter's take.
    You know I think I'd really appreciate an all new story also. I'd love the Phoenix Saga done right but one of my big problems with the X-Men movies to date is that I feel like they never live up to the source material. I've really enjoyed a bunch of the movies, but even DoFP fell short for me because I didn't feel much of an emotional attachment to the future X-Men and I knew what was going to happen because of the comic. If they did something new, it'd be impossible to compare it to the source and at the same time every moment of it would be a surprise

Messiah CompleX would be fantastic for a film, but not sure how they'd fit in the whole "need" for a mutant saviour unless the Apocalypse film ended on a super-downer. Maybe it really does end with all mutants depowered? That'd be wild!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    X-Tinction Agenda
    Seconded. But after Days of Future Past I think it would be too soon.

I wouldn't go for an X-men movie.... I would go for a New Mutant movie---based on the graphic novel.

My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter
    Blog

Is Mutant Massacre the one with the Marauders and the Morlock Tunnels? I would love that. I remember being nervous reading that storyline cuz the villains scared me. I remember Vertigo, Riptide, Harpoon, Sabretooth (But im tired of him lol)
    Would love to see Polaris and Havok together, and if she gets possessed by Malice to become one of the Marauders that would be a great story.

Id love to See Dark Phoenix done right, with the Hellfire club and Dazzler and Kitty, oh how would be wonderful. But I dont think you could fit Dark Phoenix in 1 movie, it would have to be a 2-3 parter, like HungerGames or Lord of the Rings.
    I think Inferno is the same, you couldn't do it in 1 film.

I picked Fatal Attraction because I think it was made to be a movie. AoA would have to be a huge movie. X-Cutioner's Song should be saved for an X-Force movie.
    How about Alex?