Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,500

    Default REVIEW: Batman Eternal, #8

    "Batman Eternal" #8 has John Layman, Guillem March, and company show us what happens when Batman is caught between the GCPD and the Roman's empire, even as Stephanie Brown scrambles to survive.


    Full review here.

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    759

    Default

    A bit of a slump in the series. The previous issues have been full of variety and quick paced scenery, but this one got caught up in the least interesting aspect of the whole story, which is all the mob feud stuff.

  3. #3
    Senior Member PyroSikTh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    but this one got caught up in the least interesting aspect of the whole story, which is all the mob feud stuff.
    Which is, like, the main plot of Batman Eternal...

  4. #4
    Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Empire City
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    A bit of a slump in the series. The previous issues have been full of variety and quick paced scenery, but this one got caught up in the least interesting aspect of the whole story, which is all the mob feud stuff.
    Yes, the whole mob feud storyline that is so central to this title isn't my thing. The reviewer is correct that if Steph hadn't shown up again I would likely have hit the stop button and just waited to only buy issues in which she appeared going forward.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19

    Default

    This series has been a pretty big "miss" for me so far. I'm committed to following it for a bit longer, but unless it gets better I'm gonna have to drop it at some point. Couple questions about the story so far though. Was that Catwoman on the last page of this week? Where does the Roman fit into continuity if Year One, Long Halloween (he dies in this story anyway) etc, are not canon for the New 52? Did Gordon really try and shoot the gun out of someone's hand, like a trick shot? I didn't understand that part. What's the time frame of the story so far, a couple days?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JokersNuts View Post
    This series has been a pretty big "miss" for me so far. I'm committed to following it for a bit longer, but unless it gets better I'm gonna have to drop it at some point. Couple questions about the story so far though. Was that Catwoman on the last page of this week? Where does the Roman fit into continuity if Year One, Long Halloween (he dies in this story anyway) etc, are not canon for the New 52? Did Gordon really try and shoot the gun out of someone's hand, like a trick shot? I didn't understand that part. What's the time frame of the story so far, a couple days?
    (1) No, its not Catwoman, but instead a new character. Some think she might have a connection to Alfred due to the British slang and there were pre-52 similar characters
    (2) We aren't sure, yet. This is Falcone's first appearance in the New 52. It's a reasonable assumption that those stories happened in some form, but we don't know the particulars. It's also fair to assume When In Rome happened in some form because the Roman and Catwoman have a history and she left a big paw print on his face
    (3) Yes, Gordon tried to shoot the gun out of the perps hand. He saw a gun and thought the guy was threatening to shoot, but the security cams showed that there wasn't one

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Wow, am I stupid. I was surprised by the slang, but I really thought that was Catwoman. In the Loeb stories, she thought she was related to Falcone, could she be a never known before twin or family member?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    (1) No, its not Catwoman, but instead a new character. Some think she might have a connection to Alfred due to the British slang and there were pre-52 similar characters
    (2) We aren't sure, yet. This is Falcone's first appearance in the New 52. It's a reasonable assumption that those stories happened in some form, but we don't know the particulars. It's also fair to assume When In Rome happened in some form because the Roman and Catwoman have a history and she left a big paw print on his face
    (3) Yes, Gordon tried to shoot the gun out of the perps hand. He saw a gun and thought the guy was threatening to shoot, but the security cams showed that there wasn't one
    Just to clarify: Selina left the claw mark on Carmine's face in Miller's YEAR ONE. Of course, in Year One, Carmine was just one of many mobsters who just happened to get some significance in the last chapter. Loeb was the one who played with the question of "What's Selina's beef with Carmine, anyway?"

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    A bit of a slump in the series. The previous issues have been full of variety and quick paced scenery, but this one got caught up in the least interesting aspect of the whole story, which is all the mob feud stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    Which is, like, the main plot of Batman Eternal...
    Says a lot about the series as a whole.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •