Page 178 of 180 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180 LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2694

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Haha, clearly Toriyama watched Avengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJiuJpar3dI the best part starts at 1:20
    Man, I don't have a means of watching Dragon Ball Super right now. I can't believe after all the years of hoping I would see a female super saiyan I finally see one and it's not Pan or Bulla. I'm both gleeful and disappointed.
    "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you... And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye?..."

FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post

For the most part have to agree. I would say its the weakest issue so far. This arc started off very well, but its strong to feel a little lazy. That said I really liked the art, I think its the best Jen's new 'Hulk' has looked, and I still enjoyed it overall. I hope the next arc (Legacy?) picks it up. Tamaki is a good writer, most of the time.
    Yeah, she had a sexy figure going for a minute there but I was still digging the big and bulky, more Hulk-ish look for this series.

She may have looked good in this issue but her appearance has been so wildly inconsistent that it has to be a strike against the series.
    "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you... And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye?..."

FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

Incredible Member Supermutant2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Yeah, she had a sexy figure going for a minute there but I was still digging the big and bulky, more Hulk-ish look for this series.

She may have looked good in this issue but her appearance has been so wildly inconsistent that it has to be a strike against the series.
    Changing artists does not help that. I thinking about cover artist or artists have been all over the place that way too.

Spectacular Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Finally managed to get my She-Hulk to T2 in Marvel Future Fight! They have also just added Titania into the game, who I am leveling up now (5* at the mo. Waiting for a 6* ticket). She has a Team Up bonus with She-Hulk (Called "Ongoing Rivalry") so I plan to make a team with them!

Attachment 52985

For the most part have to agree. I would say its the weakest issue so far. This arc started off very well, but its strong to feel a little lazy. That said I really liked the art, I think its the best Jen's new 'Hulk' has looked, and I still enjoyed it overall. I hope the next arc (Legacy?) picks it up. Tamaki is a good writer, most of the time.
    Awesome! Also, Titania will have a speech bubble saying "Let's get em, Greenie!" if Titania is the current fighter and She-Hulk attacks too, but only for the 1st Jen attacks per fight. My new Team will probably be She-Hulk, Titania, Hellcat when I rank up Mary more.
    I hope for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Changing artists does not help that. I thinking about cover artist or artists have been all over the place that way too.
    A Hulk will always look different with each art style from different artist and not locking down a definitive look, I feel, will leave this transformation less remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    A Hulk will always look different with each art style from different artist and not locking down a definitive look, I feel, will leave this transformation less remembered.
    That is what I meant. Its interior artists having a hard time with it because obviously no locked down how muscular or tall this form. You get widening differences depending on the artist. That even shows in daredevil appearance. There was a youtube video review pointed how the artwork was done such a way that made her look double the guy was over 6 feet in the new issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Man, I don't have a means of watching Dragon Ball Super right now. I can't believe after all the years of hoping I would see a female super saiyan I finally see one and it's not Pan or Bulla. I'm both gleeful and disappointed.
    Well Pan and Bulla are still babies at this point in the story arc, (though Pan has shown potenial) but we actually have two female Super Sayians, Caulifla (the girl with spiked hair and pink tube top) and Kale (who was going bersek.) but it it matters they are from another Universe from the main Dragonball cast.

But getting off topic here, so I can say here after reading the recent issue, I liked the art from both artists even though they didn't meld well with eacthother.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I think both artists were good to an extent, but one's style did not remotely fit the tone or mood of the tale at all.
    Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

It's hard to get a feel for the tone when the writer is attempting to be witty in descriptions of locations. I think she's attempting dark humor but it just comes across as bad timing.

Spectacular Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Brian Cronin's Down To Hulk: 15 Hulks You Want To Smash. Some pictures are borderline NSFW.
    Not a bad list, but I would have put Red She-Hulk at #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl's Pal View Post
    Not a bad list, but I would have put Red She-Hulk at #2.
    Yeah, it took me a while to warm up to Betty as Red She Hulk, but now I need my Rulkie fix as much as my Shulkie fix. I was bummed when her solo comic was cancelled.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Comic sales for July are up.

Hulk #8 is at 19k.
    Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Comic sales for July are up.

Hulk #8 is at 19k.
    Yeah this is not good. Now Jen is in cancellation territory.

Incredible Member crimsonspider89's Avatar

Marvel saw it coming, why they are reverting her back to classic for Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Indeed. Probably why the trades are named 'She-Hulk' now too (I have my fingers crossed that they stop with the 'She-Hulk is no more!' stuff too!) We will just have to wait and see if that also means reverting back to a more 'traditional' characterization for Jen.
    Last edited by Valamist; 08-14-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    Marvel: - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Hulk, The Mighty Captain Marvel, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rodgers, Old Man Logan, The Mighty Thor, All-New Wolverine, Gwenpool, Black Panther, The Ultimates2, Champions.

DC: -
    Super-Girl, Batwoman

Image: -
    Paper Girls.

My Comics Review Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    But what little we are hearing of it not encouraging that the book won't be fixing the issues. Stephan King approach. Add in Mariko continue to be the writer for the series.