Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180
Results 2,686 to 2,692 of 2692
    Spectacular Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I've been piecing the Civil War and A-Force timelines, and together with the scene from The Fallen, it appears that Jen remained green after the attack, as depicted in The Fallen when Betty visits Jen and she tears up, indicating she somehow sensed something happened to Bruce. Then we see Carol visiting Jen and she's now gray and scarred, leading me to conclude the change happened between Betty's and Carol's visits, and that it was Betty's visit that triggered it.
    I really wished we saw Jen, non shadowed version, with Carol before Carol tells her the news in CW2 #3, because that would be a major clue. I'm not sure if Betty's visit is what triggered the transformation as Jen's dialogue before Carol tells her the bad news is her usual upbeat self but as we saw in the most recent issue this Hulk seems to be in Jen's control just fine.

On discussing and dissecting the Grey and Scarred Form, we know the general rule for Hulks is that Gamma radiation turns a person into what they fear with a usual strength boost. Bruce becomes a rage monster after his fear of his abusive father, The Leader becomes one of the smartest person on the planet after his fear of smarter people always looking down on his dumbness, etc. My No-Prize attempt would be the Grey is from the knowledge that Bruce could also transform into a grey version, the Grey represents the feelings for herself, that she doesn't feel like herself, that she fears she cannot be colorful/fun that those parts of her life fall through cracks/scars of herself but hardly a main part of her life. Also, the scars represent her fear of relationships, her feelings for others, that used to contain the fun part of her life, the green, but are now what hurts her the most with Barton killing Bruce, and that Bruce asked him to do it.
    Last edited by Sensational C; 08-16-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I really wished we saw Jen, non shadowed version, with Carol before Carol tells her the news in CW2 #3, because that would be a major clue. I'm not sure if Betty's visit is what triggered the transformation as Jen's dialogue before Carol tells her the bad news is her usual upbeat self but as we saw in the most recent issue this Hulk seems to be in Jen's control just fine.

On discussing and dissecting the Grey and Scarred Form, we know the general rule for Hulks is that Gamma radiation turns a person into what they fear with a usual strength boost. Bruce becomes a rage monster after his fear of his abusive father, The Leader becomes one of the smartest person on the planet after his fear of smarter people always looking down on his dumbness, etc. My No-Prize attempt would be the Grey is from the knowledge that Bruce could also transform into a grey version, the Grey represents the feelings for herself, that she doesn't feel like herself, that she fears she cannot be colorful/fun that those parts of her life fall through cracks/scars of herself but hardly a main part of her life. Also, the scars represent her fear of relationships, her feelings for others, that used to contain the fun part of her life, the green, but are now what hurts her the most with Barton killing Bruce, and that Bruce asked him to do it.
    I like your explanation, this demon that Jen mentions mirrors what she told Patsy in #7. She doesn't know what she is becoming. All she knows is that her other form is physically different. Like what you said about the way gamma works with the mind; Jen doesn't like getting in touch with her feelings due to her rational nature. During Slotts run, Doc Samson was great at helping Jen work out the aftermath of the times she went berserk. He said that those were all external factors. This time it's internal, why hasn't there been a serious attempt at involving Doc Samson again? She told Matt in his issue; just because she could change into her Hulk form at anytime she wants doesn't mean she should. She is using her rational mind again amidst the fact that Tombstone struck her against the jaw and angered her; the way that the other lawyers gave her a look of fear as they saw her about to take Tombstone's life represented how her surpressed human emotions are turning to the extremes in her Hulk form. Jen is refusing to let her emotions out, she is using a self-destructive behavior that makes her bottle all of the negative emotions and lets it burst in Hulk form. Her Hulk form saying 'Feels good' when in fact that little part is Jen and the rest is a loose grip on what she is actually doing in her other form.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

Wasn't Jen against herself in the first arc?
    Oh she isn't green again, okay but are you gonna answer the scars? Why she's Gray to begin with? How was she in Secret Empire? No?
    First that is an awesome cover, here is an interview with Mariko and Jahnoy about the upcoming arc.

Fantastic Member

no just no

I want her back green skin , confident, no PTSD and fighting villians (not just the leader).

i'll jump on just as soon as this list happens!

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    First that is an awesome cover, here is an interview with Mariko and Jahnoy about the upcoming arc.
    Interesting, thanks for posting! Not keen on this quote though...

Nrama: As part of "Legacy," Marvel is retitling and renumbering this to be She-Hulk #159 - and retroactively renaming the first Hulk collection to She-Hulk. What do you think about Jennifer re-taking the title 'She-Hulk’ (and no longer Hulk), and will this happen in-story as well?

Tamaki: Hulk is Jen Walters and Jen Walters is She-Hulk. For Jen, in story, she is Hulk. That is her legacy, the thing she carries on after the death of Bruce Banner. She's also been She-Hulk for a long time. So... she's both.
    I had hoped that the re-naming was a hint that they would be going back to a more 'traditional' characterization, but it almost reads as if Tamaki is not keen/going to ignore the name change... please, no more "No longer She-Hulk" stuff!
    Marvel: - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Hulk, The Mighty Captain Marvel, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rodgers, Old Man Logan, The Mighty Thor, All-New Wolverine, Gwenpool, Black Panther, The Ultimates2, Champions.

DC: -
    Super-Girl, Batwoman

Image: -
    Paper Girls.

My Comics Review Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post
    no just no

I want her back green skin , confident, no PTSD and fighting villians (not just the leader).

i'll jump on just as soon as this list happens!
    right there with you. I miss her being the one person who usually remained upbeat (or, at least, cynically humorous) during the dark times. I don't even care if her skin remains gray, for awhile. I just want her to be well drawn and happy/happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

My big fear is that if this series doesn't do well Marvel might kill off Jen entirely or "cure" her and sideline her like they did with Red She Hulk.

Then again if it does do well we're stuck with the twenty page suicide note every month.