Page 153 of 158 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2362
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm not familiar with Legal issues, but I wonder given his lawyer credentials that Charles Soule has Jen into the scene to give Matt a chance to sue both Carol and Hawkeye for Bruce's death.
    While an interesting idea, I think such an idea should be in Jen's book since that's something incredibly key to her development and growth and should not be outsourced to another book to handle.
    Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    While an interesting idea, I think such an idea should be in Jen's book since that's something incredibly key to her development and growth and should not be outsourced to another book to handle.
    But wouldn't that as a lawyer create a conflict of interest given that it is Jen suing them for Bruce his death and that her emotions would already be a wreck considering her current status quo ?

Seeing Charles write makes me miss him writing her how much better this book would with him as writer.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

BTW if you are into tracking down Jen's guest appearances, check this solicit:

THOR EPIC COLLECTION: IN MORTAL FLESH TPB
    Volume #17 in the Thor Epic Collections
    Written by RANDALL FRENZ, TOM DEFALCO, RON FRENZ, ROY THOMAS & MORE
    Penciled by RICH YANIZESKY, RON FRENZ, GARY HARTLE, TONY DEZUNIGA, MIKE MIGNOLA, RON LIM, HERB TRIMPE, AL MILGROM & MORE
    Cover by RON FRENZ
    To spare a life, Thor makes the ultimate sacrifice! With the fate of his friend Eric Masterson in the balance, Thor steps in — and finds himself once again bonded to a mortal form! But which deadly foe will bring about such dire straits? Could it be Quicksand? The maniacal Mongoose? A new Executioner? Or as an untethered Asgard drifts into the Negative Zone, Annihilus? As a new era begins for Thor, another legendary hero returns: Zounds, it’s Hercules! It will take the combined might of these godly friends, plus She-Hulk, to face not one but two Dooms! In another heavyweight bout, Thor takes on the Juggernaut — with the New Warriors lending a hand! Plus: The High Evolutionary! Doctor Strange! The Thing! Tales of Asgard! Beta Ray Bill! And Ulik joins the Wrecking Crew!
    Collecting THOR (1966) #401-418 and ANNUAL #14.
    488 PGS./Rated T …$39.99

A Thor, Hercules and She-Hulk team-up. Against two Dooms. That's epic. I'll look up these issues on Marvel Unlimited to see her.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。

Hulk #5 preview.

Edit: Jen gets a very special mention in the Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #17 preview.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well then...things are sure getting more interesting. Thanks for the preview, I'm very much looking forward to it.
    Pull List: Avengers, Black Magick, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain America: Wilson & Rogers, Mighty Captain Marvel, Civil War II, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Jessica Jones, Kill or Be Killed, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, Paper Girls, Patsy Walker, Silk, Silver Surfer, Snotgirl, Spider-Woman, Totally Awesome Hulk, Ultimates^2, Squirrel Girl

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    Well then...things are sure getting more interesting. Thanks for the preview, I'm very much looking forward to it.
    I definitely think this is where Jen becomes She-Hulk again.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm not familiar with Legal issues, but I wonder given his lawyer credentials that Charles Soule has Jen into the scene to give Matt a chance to sue both Carol and Hawkeye for Bruce's death.
    Why can't Dan Slott for once do a Jennifer Walters and Spider-Man team-up? It's long overdue....

Because he personally doesn't want to? And because it being "overdue" is a matter of perspective?
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I saw the sales for the month of March it was 30,000k sold that doesn't really even seem bad at all it was posted on the monthly comic sales thread that was setup on this marvel comics forum.

If anything the sales look really good for the title so far and the sales I saw were for March so the recent issue which was issue four.

It's beating totally awesome hulk actually which has fallen to 22k I think it was.
    IMO, for sales to be well over 50K copies, the ending to each issue must have a twisted unexpected story plot(or introduction) leading to the next issue to make readers wondering what will happen next. The best way to ensure that Hulk does well is to create a story that no one will see coming towards the character which would increase sales orders because inquiring readers want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    IMO, for sales to be well over 50K copies, the ending to each issue must have a twisted unexpected story plot(or introduction) leading to the next issue to make readers wondering what will happen next. The best way to ensure that Hulk does well is to create a story that no one will see coming towards the character which would increase sales orders because inquiring readers want to know.
    The story we're getting now is kind of story no one saw coming for She-Hulk, the execution could have been better, but I'm still enjoying it. However, to say that all you need is a good story for this to sell well over 50k is to misunderstand the state of the industry. Superman, one of the top 3 recognizable superheroes, has a story that people everywhere have been raving about, and it still only sells 50k at 2.99 (If comichron is to be believed). Heck even the most recognizable women heroine, Wonder Women isn't even selling 50k, there's no way a She-Hulk/Hulk book will sell that "well over 50k" regardless of how good it is (In fact if it was better it would probably sell worse... cause every book I love sells like garbage...).
    Pull List: Avengers, Black Magick, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain America: Wilson & Rogers, Mighty Captain Marvel, Civil War II, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Jessica Jones, Kill or Be Killed, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, Paper Girls, Patsy Walker, Silk, Silver Surfer, Snotgirl, Spider-Woman, Totally Awesome Hulk, Ultimates^2, Squirrel Girl

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Hulk #5 preview.

Edit: Jen gets a very special mention in the Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #17 preview.
    I'm confused, why does Jen still consider Carol a friend? Am I reading that inner thought text box right, because that seems weird.

Also, for us She-Hulk fans, a person I follow on tumblr is doing a parody of Civil War II: Electric Boogaloo, reusing panels from the main comic. Have a look, since this is Jen's big moment:

Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

After 4 issue going to finally explain anything post CWII? But just looks to create more plot holes. If the plot holes manifest into the actually comic there be almost no comic left. Patsy preview makes me miss her writing her jen just as much charles. This book is just not good just makes when Jen was written understood character and her history.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I'm confused, why does Jen still consider Carol a friend? Am I reading that inner thought text box right, because that seems weird.

Also, for us She-Hulk fans, a person I follow on tumblr is doing a parody of Civil War II: Electric Boogaloo, reusing panels from the main comic. Have a look, since this is Jen's big moment:

I think it's logical the reasoning behind why writer Mariko tamaki doesn't feel Jennifer should hate Carol or not want her around or even as a friend because unlike tony who blames Carol for James Rhodes death which is silly because she didn't get Rhodes killed, but Jennifer doesn't hold Carol responsible for her coma or possibly even banner's death I think she hates Clint though.

I think I get more annoyed honestly that some readers actually blame Carol for Jennifer being put in a coma and Rhodes getting killed since the truth is and I say this as a she hulk fan but Jennifer and Rhodes volunteered to help in stopping thanos.

This isn't to say either of them are responsible for what happened to them but neither is Carol if anyone is responsible for what happened to them it was thanos.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 04-21-2017 at 06:35 AM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    The story we're getting now is kind of story no one saw coming for She-Hulk, the execution could have been better, but I'm still enjoying it. However, to say that all you need is a good story for this to sell well over 50k is to misunderstand the state of the industry. Superman, one of the top 3 recognizable superheroes, has a story that people everywhere have been raving about, and it still only sells 50k at 2.99 (If comichron is to be believed). Heck even the most recognizable women heroine, Wonder Women isn't even selling 50k, there's no way a She-Hulk/Hulk book will sell that "well over 50k" regardless of how good it is (In fact if it was better it would probably sell worse... cause every book I love sells like garbage...).
    What some very talented writers do to increase the sales of their books is the bring in characters from other places as a way of bringing in the Spider-Readers and X-Readers(who are the largest audience) to the book as part of the story. That is real diversity. The writer's job on a comic series is to give the reader(who would not otherwise buy the book) a reason to pickup and read their work. Todd McFarlane use this idea when he did Spider-Man in the late 1980's and early 1990's to bring in people who not have bought the series. Once he left Marvel, his fans came with him to support Spawn, which sold well over 1.5 Million copies. That's a good example of bringing in people to you work by including characters that they care about to make a supporting contribution to the story and the protagonist development.