Super Moderator

Default Waid & Gillen Atone for the Original Sins of "Hulk" & "Iron Man"

Mark Waid & Kieron Gillen discuss their "Original Sin" tie-in, "Hulk Vs. Iron Man," which also concludes each writer's run on both characters' solo titles.

Full article here.

Super sad to see Mark Waid come off of Hulk, it's been brilliant since he rebooted it, one of my surprise favourite reads, and it's only been going for a few issues. Looks like the mini should be good though.

Here's hoping they mention the previous Hulk vs Iron Man fights within this mini, especially the events of World War Hulk and even Hickman's Avengers developments.

I'm personally hoping Bagley and/or Ross can come up with a neat new Hulkbuster armor design... especially since it looks like it'll appear in Avengers 2 with the influence of the original design (which is a personal favorite).

Is it too much to hope that the "behind the scenes" stuff means they're bringing on Waid as the new Chief Creative Officer to replace Quesada? I was hoping Waid could fix DC, but a. that would likely mean ending Daredevil and b. he'd be swimming upstream against a whole bunch of resistance from various angles over there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DocX View Post
    Super sad to see Mark Waid come off of Hulk, it's been brilliant since he rebooted it, one of my surprise favourite reads, and it's only been going for a few issues. Looks like the mini should be good though.
    I don't think most Hulk fans are sad to see Waid canned and don't for a second think it was Waid's decision to leave. It's one of the all time worst Hulk runs, and that's reflected in the sales, the lowest in 20 years, It has most certainly not been brilliant since the reboot as Waid continues to crap all over 50 years of history. All of a sudden Banner can get shot? When Hulk heals he doesn't heal at 100%? He needs Cap's shield to fight Abomination? Waid has a good rep because of his Captain America run and because of what he did for DC 20 years ago. He is not a great writer. Kingdom Come was mediocre and Onslaught was beyond bad. I don't care what he did on Captain America or Daredevil.
    Last edited by nulbreaker; 05-31-2014 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nulbreaker View Post
    I don't think most Hulk fans are sad to see Waid canned and don't for a second think it was Waid's decision to leave. It's one of the all time worst Hulk runs, and that's reflected in the sales, the lowest in 20 years, It has most certainly not been brilliant since the reboot as Waid continues to crap all over 50 years of history. All of a sudden Banner can get shot? When Hulk heals he doesn't heal at 100%? He needs Cap's shield to fight Abomination? Waid has a good rep because of his Captain America run and because of what he did for DC 20 years ago. He is not a great writer. Kingdom Come was mediocre and Onslaught was beyond bad. I don't care what he did on Captain America or Daredevil.
    Ah there's the difference I wouldn't consider myself a Hulk fan per se. I get it when I like it and drop it when I don't. I didn't realize sales were bad on the current title, that explains the end of the run.though

Quote Originally Posted by nulbreaker View Post
    Damn right! I'm glad Waid's gone after this. He's done nothing but give us Hulk fans a very boring, uninteresting, uninspired, lackluster, mediocre Hulk runs ever spawned. He more or less took everything that great writers like Peter David and Greg Pak have done... and tossed it aside.

I can't help but think he's half-lying in this interview too. True, he may want to work on Daredevil & stuff more, but I honestly don't believe he's sad about leaving the Hulk series at all. And I know for a fact that he didn't have a good run. It was bad. Both in sales and in story quality.

weird seeing ross just as a major general
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_...ited_States%29
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-02-2014 at 08:15 AM.